Feel really upset after 28 week scan :O(

It does sound like a horrible experience and i know exactly where you are coming from with the worry cos i had the same problem myself when they thought something was wrong with my baby's heart. Sometimes though its all perception as mine was and i was lucky that the people who dealt with me were brilliant.

You do know tho that you can, and it seems as though you should now refuse those scans. Only have them as with other women if the fundal height is small and you need to check the baby's size. We made it clear that we didnt want to know anything about downs and i thought in refusing the barts test they werent to tell you about anything related at the anomaly scan?

Come on here and moan anytime! We are always there to help you through these tough times. What a horrid time you have had? Make sure when you go to see the Consultant on Tuesday that you write down all your questions and comments just in case you forgot anything and even when you are in there write down the replies so it is clear in your own head as these things can be upsetting.

Good luck for Tuesday and keep us updated!

hiya i thought i would post and say it discusting hoew they do treat ya, the same thing happend when i was pregnant with my little boy at 20 wk scan, and they said you baby has down syndrome, and even b4 it had time to sink in they first thing my bf said was no matter what we not gidding rid, even tho that never did cross my mind. in total i had 5 scans after being told that and i was offered the amnio but turned it down incase i misscarried. the last time i had a scan it had grown and was only 0.1mm over what it was supposed to be. he is a very active, chatty boy who defently hasnt got downs. but they are such loving children if they hav downs, very smily, playful, always want cuddles. i hope this reasures you, xxxx

Hi Tiaenya

I am sorry to hear that the hospital is making a stressful situation worse. We refused all the Downs testing for this reason - the hospital can't be absolutely sure if the baby has or hasn't got it, and then what are you expected to do if you find out there's a high chance?

There's every hope that your baby will be just fine, but you might want to talk to somebody who really understands about these nuchal fold scans etc. I teach a kid with Downs syndrome and his Mum says that the Downs Syndrome Association is really helpful and unjudgemental: their phone number and email address is on this page - https://www.downs-syndrome.org.uk/contact-us.html

(By the way, I teach at a big mainstream comprehensive and the little boy is thriving there and has lots of friends - kids with Down Syndrome can be capable of a huge amount).

Really hope that your mind is put at rest soon.

Becca

thanks for all you replys.
I was thinking of not attending anymore scans now as i really do get upset over it all.
I then come away (like i am now) questioning our decisions we have made are they right or not

My friend (we have known each after since we were 5)has just told me shes pregnant and due in december She asked me how ours was going i finally told her, Dont get me wrong, im not looking for her to feel sorry for us or anything, just when i told her she said 'oh right' then banged on about how annoyed she was about having to buy a double buggy! i just thought it that was all i had to worry over, id be really happy.

i think i see the consultant on tuesday if hes not busy like last time, so ill speak to him then about it all.
i suppose its our fault really because we turned down the amnio, but our risk of miscarriage at that point was higher than baby having downs

Sorry i feel like im just moaning, and im getting on my own nerves..
sorry everyone!

Hey hun
Like you i was going to stop going to my scans as it got to the point where i was fed up of bad news but the plus points is that IF there is a problem the baby will get the best possible care as they know they may be dealing with a problem.

xxx

Thats totally disgusting how they are treating you.I would call the hospital if i was you and demand to get some sort of explantaion becasue the worrying is not good for you or the baby. I hope it turns out to be nothing and good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->