Feel so guilty, daughter wouldn't walk to class

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi my daughter has special needs, she goes to a special school within a main stream school. We wait at reception for her teacher to come collect her and some other children that go to her class. Alot of the children come by taxi. This morning my daughter didn't want to go with the teacher and got very upset, the teacher took another child down to class and was coming back for my daughter. While I was waiting the lady taxi driver who brought another child from my daughters class in was just leaving and she seen my daughter was upset and started talking to her, my daughter immediately stop being upset and started smiling, grabbed her hand and started walking to class. The lady said I'll take her down and my daughter went off fine. I don't know the lady but I do see her some mornings when she drops the other child off. I waited for her to come back to reception and she told me she went in ok and she was with the teachers. Now I'm so upset and racked with guilt, I feel such a bad mum cause I let her go to class with a virtual stranger. We called the school 30 mins later to make sure she was OK and she was. Can't get over the guilt I feel

Just picked my princess up from school and they seemed to know the lady quite well and she has been bringing children to the school a while now. They are all on first name terms. I still can't shake this guilt though, I feel like I put her in danger and I didn't look after her.

Don't feel so bad! I am sure you wouldn't have done it, had she not been with the other kid of the class and therefore obviously has the trust of the parents and teachers, right? :hugs:

It sounds like there wasn't any real danger if she was just walking in and you could see that she wasn't walking out... or is the building set up such that you wouldn't know? Anyway, sometimes having that third party to break the tension can be really effective. If she wasn't in any real danger, I wouldn't feel guilty about sending her in with a stranger.

Is there a reason why you can't walk your daughter into class? But I wouldn't feel bad, your daughter was obviously happy and likes the person who walked her.

If she doesn't want to go down tomorrow then yes I will walk her down. As I said I see this lady most mornings as she brings my daughter's friend to school and the teachers know her aswell. I just can't get over feeling so guilty.

As she is driving children to school and walking them in she will have been CRB checked, the school will know her, and you waited to check that she'd gone down OK, so it's not like she'd have taken her away without you knowing. Don't feel guilty, your DD went in happy and it sounds like the lady was happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->