Feel so normal????

MEPride

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm new to the 2nd tri board!

First tri was a breeze for the most part. One of my biggest symptoms was a ravenous hunger for anything carbohydrates. I gained almost 10 pounds! By 12 weeks my symptoms pretty much disappeared and I'm actually LOSING weight now that my hunger level has returned to normal and I'm eating more normally again.

I feel so incredibly normal it's unnerving. My biggest fear is a missed miscarriage.

Anyone else go through this period of anxiety, doubt, and fear of missed miscarriage? I'm looking forward to and dreading my next prenatal appointment on Friday where I'll get to hear my LO's heartbeat again. I'm terrified my mw won't find it!

I'm sorry you're feeling this way!! I too am feeling this way, although still in 1st tri!

With my girls i was so sick and had so many symptoms... I've also had 2 missed miscarriages and I didn't have symptoms with them!
I've had a scan last Monday and can hear the heartbeat on Doppler so I know all is well but it's still so not normal for me and unnerving lol. I just hope it means I'm having a boy this time :haha: .. also my friend sailed through pregnancy with both her children and her only "symptom" was a growing belly, so I know it does happen!!!

I'm sorry you're feeling this way!! I too am feeling this way, although still in 1st tri!

With my girls i was so sick and had so many symptoms... I've also had 2 missed miscarriages and I didn't have symptoms with them!
I've had a scan last Monday and can hear the heartbeat on Doppler so I know all is well but it's still so not normal for me and unnerving lol. I just hope it means I'm having a boy this time :haha: .. also my friend sailed through pregnancy with both her children and her only "symptom" was a growing belly, so I know it does happen!!!

I seem to be following my mothers footsteps. She never really had many symptoms with any of her pregnancies and gained only 20 lbs with each. I haven't had ms, headaches, or other symptoms except breast tenderness. But now that that is gone and the hunger is gone.... I don't have a Doppler and have been reluctant to buy one in case I don't find the heartbeat. I know it would freak me out more.

Yep.. this pregnancy in second tri I have hardly felt pregnant at all! No back pain, nausea gone. So apart from my bump, I feel normal! It's great. Last pregnancy at this stage I could hardly walk already due to sciatica. So I'm glad that hasn't happened again. I'm feeling plenty of movement now as I'm 19 weeks, but before that I was paranoid about missed miscarriage, so I know how that feels!

I'm sure your lil' one is doing just fine! :)

Each pregnancy is different... I had nausea from 6-10 weeks and then nothing! Just starting to get more symptoms now like being out of breath and tiredness.
One you feel movement, you will be reassured more or less and happy for no symptoms!

I felt really good in 2nd tri then started to get fatigued around 28 weeks. I ended up really missing feeling normal! Still do now! Like the pp said when you start feeling movement it will help to reassure you although i do remember it being sporadic until 20 something weeks unless i'd eaten something cold/sugary/peppery then she'd go crazy!

It is so common to feel good in the 2nd tri, don't worry! You will start feeling movement soon too, which will hopefully be reassuring :)

Thanks, ladies! That's reassuring! No bump yet for me. It's my first sticky bean so I'm not sure what to be feeling for for fetal movement but I'm PRETTY sure I started feeling some a few days ago and then again last night. I could only identify it when I was lying still on my back barely breathing, hahaha.

I'll feel better next Friday when I have my next prenatal appointment and can hear the heartbeat on the Doppler.

I felt 100% myself when I was pregnant with my second baby, which was really scary since I had every symptom ever mentioned with my first pregnancy. haha. I was scared the whole time, but it was just easy and healthy and perfect! My third pregnancy wasn't bad, either!

In the earlier weeks, I find it easier to feel my baby when I'm laying on my tummy. My babies will all give me some wiggles and tell me to get my big butt off of them. ;)

I'm kinda jealous :haha: First tri I had MS here and there, always tired and some back pains that I found out was my shoes I wore for work causing that. Got rid of the shoes and took naps as often as I could. Now that I'm in the 2nd tri I STAY nauseated and feel like I live with a head ache. I had to finally start taking a nausea relief vitamin with ginger in it to help me just get through the day. I feel drained all the time. I keep reading how 2nd tri is when you get energy and blah blah and yeah I'm ready for that :wacko:

Yeah... I consider myself lucky for not having many symptoms. Not even fatigue really.... I later learned that my mother was the same way with all her pregnancies. She also didn't gain too much weight, maybe 20 pounds total and she was a skinny lady. In hoping I'll also have her ability to 'rebound' from her pregnancy weight. There is a picture of her holding my sister at 1 week old and my mom doesn't look like she was ever pregnant. Unbelievable!

I'm not really really big but I am chunky so I been trying to fight the urge to eat whatever I want all the time. Lucky enough for whatever reason I can't seem to each as much as I use to. Just for an example I use to be able to eat a large fry and a small chicken sandwich from McDonalds. Yesterday I had a hamburger and was only able to eat half and 2 fries from a restaurant and I was over stuffed. when I saw my NP last week she told me I was doing really well I only gained 1lb so far. I really hope I keep that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->