Feel so tired :((

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by bluecathy1978, Jan 23, 2011.

1. bluecathy1978

bluecathy1978 Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels

Hi ladies!

I had to go to my ante natal clinic at the hospital on thursday because my full blood count I had done was showing that I was very low in Iron. It was at 86 so no wonder I was feeling tired and out of breath all the time!

I have been prescribed an iron supplement. They tried to prescribe me tablets but I asked for the liquid instead. I was given Sytron, 5ml 3x daily. I started it on thursday and was feeling a little better on Friday but because I was feeling better I decided to clear out the kids room ready for decorating and think I overdid things!

I am now feeling very tired again. I was just wondering how long it should take for me to feel the effects?

I want to feel turbo charged!!

2. surreysharon

surreysharon Mum to Harry born @ 36wks

i dont understand your 86 result. Haemoglobin is measured in the following type of units - normal around 12.5, anaemic under 11.0. I am anaemic too and my HG is 10.2.
    I take iron but it does take quite a while to get in your system properly. Take the supplement and eat a diet rich in iron with fortified cereals, greens, dark chocolate etc. Give it a few more days x

3. Groovychick

Groovychick Well-Known Member

Perhaps it was 8.6 rather than 86? :shrug:

4. N1kki

N1kki Guest

yeh i gotta pick up my iron tabs tomorrow i keep feeling tired and i'm doing normal activities and its making me even more then usual now :(