Feel so tired :((

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I had to go to my ante natal clinic at the hospital on thursday because my full blood count I had done was showing that I was very low in Iron. It was at 86 so no wonder I was feeling tired and out of breath all the time!

I have been prescribed an iron supplement. They tried to prescribe me tablets but I asked for the liquid instead. I was given Sytron, 5ml 3x daily. I started it on thursday and was feeling a little better on Friday but because I was feeling better I decided to clear out the kids room ready for decorating and think I overdid things!

I am now feeling very tired again. I was just wondering how long it should take for me to feel the effects?

I want to feel turbo charged!!

i dont understand your 86 result. Haemoglobin is measured in the following type of units - normal around 12.5, anaemic under 11.0. I am anaemic too and my HG is 10.2.
I take iron but it does take quite a while to get in your system properly. Take the supplement and eat a diet rich in iron with fortified cereals, greens, dark chocolate etc. Give it a few more days x

yeh i gotta pick up my iron tabs tomorrow i keep feeling tired and i'm doing normal activities and its making me even more then usual now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->