Feel very sad today - NHS rant!

madkitty

Reaction score
Had my referral this morning at the hospital and they are going to book me in for a HSG but after that we're on our own - in Milton Keynes the max age for further treatment is 35 would you believe but we wouldnt qualify anyway as he has a child from a previous relationship.
I cant believe it is so young, Im 38 and I feel like we have just had a steel door slammed in our face at the moment!!! We have been trying for 18 months and my poor other half hasnt seen his daughter for 4 years anyway thanks to the mum - so not only are you penalised for your age but also because someone else has a child too. I just feel like Im being punished for something, its like theres someone up there tellilng me I dont deserve a child :growlmad:

Am I alone feeling this way?

sorry to hear that, is there no way you can appeal? xx

no I suppose it is what it is - interesting here though as it seems PCTs dont play with NICE guidelines https://www.channel4.com/news/mps-slam-ivf-postcode-lottery

It is absolutely RIDICULOUS at 35. Are they serious? Geezuz!

I feel so disheartened at being told too old at 42 for referral or insurance aid (I am 45) *sigh*

Nothing makes you feel more hormonal and menopausal like being told THAT!

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's ridiculous! And must be heartbreaking.

I hope Americans are reading this and realizing what will become of our healthcare system if we allow Obamacare to happen.

yup and on the first day of your period - ooooooooh I was like a hormonal monster so upset and angry LOL

I'm so very sorry! 35 is so young!

I read the article...that's crazy. Are there any repercussions for those who don't follow NHS protocol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->