Feeling a bit worried

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
I was told that a cappuccino a day would be fine.
I don't drink other caffeinated drinks as I have switched to decaf and I don't eat much chocolate so my cappuccino I have a day is my only source of caffeine.
I wasn't worried as I was told it was ok as I only have a small one and I'm most likely in keeping with my caffeine limit each day.

So I posted on facebook earlier on that I had gone to my bumps and babies group which I hadn't realised wasn't on today so I headed in to town and was having my cappuccino while there.

Someone then commented on my status and I quote "Having coffee while pregnant is a pretty fucking dumb thing to do."
I explained that having 10 would probably be quite dumb but only having the one a day is fine.
I then get a response telling me to "Enjoy your miscarriage and dead baby"
I am upset by this as I don't think there was any call for it at all and I would never put my baby at harm. I checked out that I was ok to have my cappuccino and felt ok but now, I feel like what if I am doing something wrong? :(

Whoever that was who commented on your Facebook would go an absolute tirade of abuse from myself. They would then be deleted and blocked and never be considered a friend again.

And now for my helpful response...I have two cups of tea a day and a bit of chocolate here and there. I don't go over 200mg if caffine a day which is what is recommended by my health care provider and not some dumb ass in facebook!! Pregnant women drink coffee. It is not harmful to your baby in small amounts. Keep doing what you are doing and don't give that silly wench another thought! Hugs xx

I have read that you can drink 2 cups of coffee a day when pregnant, whoever made that facebook comment is not worth your time or energy so like the post above says block and delete and don't bother with them again

Hope your ok

To put it frankly that person is a bitch. Enjoy your coffee it's a much deserved treat to yourself. I drink tea and I savour those 2 cups every day !

People are insane on Facebook. They think just because it's the internet and not in person they can say whatever they want with no consequences. Sorry that they shamed you :(

My doctor told me caffeine in moderation is just fine :)

That's such a mean thing to say.
As long as you're within the limit you're fine, x

The poster was a guy and he is an alcoholic, has hepatitis C and at 33 still lives in his parents basement and occasionally gets himself in jail overnight for stupid reasons.
No idea why I have him on my Facebook on the first place really so I don't take much weight over what he has said because in my mind I feel he should worry abiut his own life instead of commenting on mine but there is still that part of me thinking "Ouch!"
My cappuccino is my only vice as it were. I don't drink alcohol or smoke so I don't see how the one coffee a day warrants that kind of response.

Thanks for all your kind words ladies x

Oh my god! Sorry doll if that was me I would have said that exactly too him!! No time for judgemental people In life especially when they are in absolutely no position to do so!! Xx

My GP actually told me to drink coffee or tea when I first went to him about my morning sickness!

What a dick ignore him and enjoy your coffee :hugs:

Omg!! What a horrible guy! I asked my midwife about drinking tea and coffee and she said it's fine to have one or two a day. So ignore the fool!! With him being an alcoholic and making me so angry id of made an nasty reply about the effects of alcohol on the liver and brain the absolute waste of space. Hope your okay xx

Wow. What a psycho. I drink 1 to 2 cups of coffee every day. Sometimes I drink an iced tea in the same day too. Everything in moderation. We just have to be a little more careful of what we put in our bodies right now. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Enjoy the little caffeine boost we are "allowed" to have right now :)

I can tell you that I have looked into everything that I want to eat and because of my DH I am VERY particular about what I eat when I am PG.

Although DH has cut me out of coffee all together I know that you are able to safely have 200 MG of caffeine per day. I checked this site (not sure how accurate it is):

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/starbucks-grande-cappuccino

It says that a Starbucks Grande Cappuccino (I know you said you were having a small so this is an over estimate) only has 150mg.

I would say that as long as you are monitoring your caffeine elsewhere ie. in pop, then you are fine with one small cappuccino per day.

Even my doctor was saying that people have no clue what they are talking about. Apparently when she was pregnant people (who didn't know that she was a doctor and cared for pregnant women) would try giving her advice all the time and often it was wrong.

I probably shouldn't have sunk to his level but when he told me to "Enjoy my miscarriage...etc", I told him to "Enjoy his liver failure" and to have a nice day.

Thanks so much ladies. I feel much better having read your responses. I was a bit worried because I didn't want to admit a jackass like him was right because of the type of person he is. I can totally respect and accept when people say things out of concern and if he'd said them in a nicer, constructive way, I wouldn't have been so pissed off.
What he said was over the line, even if having a coffee wasn't good for me to be doing.

Hi for my first two pregnancies I didn't drink, I don't smoke, I didn't eat (not even a lil bit) of everything we are told not to and had two preterm babies!

Third time around was more relaxed (had the odd glass of wine over xmas period with food) and carried til 36+3!

Not saying throw the rule book out but I think so long as we aren't living off these things its just a matter of common sense relax enjoy :thumbup:

I would delete him from your friends to start with!

I would've asked him where his medical degree is from, since your doctor has one and doctors clear you for 200mg of caffeine a day. Ask him why he thinks he would know better than someone who has devoted their life and their medical career to studying the human body.

Or you could be really snarky and say something like "Oh I didn't realize you were expecting! Congrats! You must know all about this stuff!"

However both of those things would just incense him more, since he obviously thinks he knows more than a doctor because he read it on teh interwebz somewhere.

What an awful thing to have said to you, no matter how untrue. That person is just a lowlife loser!!! It's beyond ignorant and into a different category with this a**hole.

Oh god, tell them to p*ss off and enjoy your cappuchino :thumbup:

I was told caffeine in moderation was fine. Enjoy your coffee.

General public are nuts... fine to have a coffee, I've mainly switched to de caff, but only cos I keep scoffing chocolate :-\
Quite happy to have a coffee though, bit of chocolate, it will do no harm. Time to block on Facebook!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->