Feeling defeated

Brit95

Reaction score
I took a digital pregnancy test on Monday (01/10) and to my surprise it came up Pregnant. I took a normal FRER which was also a BFP, faint but a still a BFP. All excited and shocked I wandered off to the shops and bought a heap more tests, different brands and all... all BFP!
The clear blue said 1-2 weeks so I must have ovulated later then I thought.

I went to my first doctors apt today (03/10) with joy and excitement written all over my face. Did a pee in a cup. The Doctor tested using the standard mass production HCG tests, and replies to me they’re negative. In complete disbelief I got up to look myself, there were faint lines, which I pointed out to him. However he stated “my tests are 99.8% accurate and they should be darker then this”. He sent me for a blood test but according to him the results won’t be back until Monday.... I am gutted!

He also made a point of asking me my symptoms. When mentioned that I don’t have sore breast yet he said well that’s concerning, all women at your stage complain of sore breasts.

According to my period tracker/pregnancy tracker I’m suppose to be 4 weeks and 4 days.

I’ve tried to add the photos of my BFPs from my phone but the websites saying the photos are to big.

Has anyone else had trouble with doctors urine pregnancy tests?

I dont have experience with doctors tests, as my dr just asks if i have had a positive hpt, and takes my word for it!
Don't worry tho, sore boobs are not mandatory for 4 weeks pregnant, and those tests are definitely positive and showing progression!
Congratulations!x

Your doctor sounds like mine. An idiot! Your lines look great to me. I'm sure everything is fine luv xx

A line is a line, even a faint line! And those tests the drs use are less sensitive than the hpts we use at home. Your tests in the pic look great. And symptoms, seriously, they can be different for women and even with different pregnancies in the same woman. They can also come and go. Why so long for the blood results? Good luck!

That is definitely positive! Dr's use cheaper and less sensitive tests.

Thanks everyone, the support is much needed and appreciated!

The pathology lady said the HCG test would be back by tomorrow but the 50 billion other tests the doctor ordered won’t be back until Monday. So because I have to pay to see the doctor for my results, the doctor says to come back Monday when they’re all in (even though he saw how disappointed and panicked I looked after trying to tell me it was a BFN). Unfortunately they don’t give results out over the phone:sad2:so tempted to book an earlier appt just for the HCG results. Peeing on sticks and seeing BFPs is the only thing keeping me sane right now!

How frustrating you have to wait that long :(

Don’t know why they brought you in so early, most wait until 7-10 weeks. Might change doctors.

Ignore the docs tests, you’re pregnsnt by your own tests. I only started getting sore boobs 4 days ago and I’m 6weeks 3 days. It was the first symptom I got with my son though. Just goes to show all pregnancies are different. Your doc sounds an idiot lol.
Congrats mumma! X

I don't like your doctor already!
Those tests look totally positive to me, and......
DO YOU HAVE YOUR PERIOD? If not, and you got two positive pregnancy tests, I would definitely be convinced. Never mind your silly doctor! It's still early so maybe the hormones aren't strong enough to register on his test?
Hang in there! That's frustrating. But seriously, if you're not getting your period, the best conclusion mixed with positive pregnancy tests is that you are pregnant!

He's an idiot. In 7 pregnancies I had sore boobs once before my +HPT, and I know I'm not alone in the no symptoms department!

Use your weekend to see if you can find another (nicer) doctor to see for the remainder of your pregnancy.

Congratulations!!

I’m from Australia, when you get a positive pregnancy test you go to the doctors to confirm it and then go from there in the way of booking prenatal appts and ultrasounds. The appointment is purely to make sure you are pregnant, healthy, taking prenatals and what not. I guess most people are probably further along when they go to the doctors because they hold off or didn’t know they were pregnant. I couldn’t hold my excitement and anticipation in, I needed it confirmed!

Definitely do not have my period and am now 6 days late!

Thanks very much everyone for the support, I will definitely be requesting a new doctor!

Fingers crossed the bloods on Monday come back all good

Fingers crossed you will get a much better doctor! :)

I had a scan recently that showed I actually got my frer bfp at 3 weeks and 2 days pregnant! When I went to the gp to confirm it and told her dates she said her own would not be sensitive enough and rather than worry me she would just take my word and get started on booking me in. I used frer and clearblue digital and got the 1-2 also so try and keep hope xx

What a rude doctor! He wouldn't have liked my response to all of this :haha:

If he doesn't brighten up and have a better bedside manner, I would look into someone else if it's an option.

Im also in aus and find gps here when it comes to going in and telling them you are pregnant. .not the funnest of times. Sore boobs indicate nothing. Mine hurt like mad from day after i ovulated with this pregnancy but in my previous ...boobs didn't hurt until maybe 5-6 weeks ..each pregnancy will be different. Dont be disheartened by his comments. I think its standard here that they be very dry when it comes to how they talk to newly pregnant women (why i do not know) you have 2 positive tests and no period. Im certain your bloods will come back positive too

I just wrote up a whole story about how this just happened to me last week! But deleted it as to save you the reading lol. Same thing happened to me but with the nurse not the physician. I already hate my doctor from pregnancy with my daughter, so am in the process of switching, so didn’t waste time worrying about this nurses uneducated reaction.. I just needed bloods drawn! (Which came back super positive and quadrupled in 48 hours so wtfever to the nurse :wacko:)

Coming from someone who has worked in medicine (me) and my husband who currently does - if you don’t feel comfortable, especially in a situation as delicate and intimate as pregnancy....SWITCH DOCTORS!!! It will make the world of difference going forward. Don’t worry about hurting feelings, right now your primary focus should be you and your baby. :flower:

That’s what my tests looked like at 3weeks 2 days and they kept getting stronger. I wouldn’t worry what that doc says if your still getting positives maybe see a different gp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->