Feeling depressed /My Story /Need to Vent / Endometriosis

Shuree

Reaction score
Hi there! I love to read everyone's stories, but this is my first time posting. I guess I just need advice, encouragement, but more than anything someone to talk to that is going through the same thing. Both my brothers and all my friends have kids and none of them had to try. It's extremely hard to hear advice from any of them (not that I don't take it with a smile), especially hard to hear things like, just relax and it will happen, stop trying and it will happen, at least you're having fun practicing, or when their kids are crying or acting up "are you sure you want kids?", just adopt, try this position, or fill in the blank and I've heard it. We have tried the "stop trying" for a year I didn't really keep track of my period, my temperature, no ovulation tests and at some point you say okay I'm only getting older it's time to start trying again. To the people who say "are you sure you want kids", for one who's to say my kids will act like yours Lol, but no really I AM ready for diaper changing, waking up in the middle of the night, crying babies...to ask me that knowing I'm trying and have been unsuccessful is like a slap in the face, how do you even respond to that? Have fun practicing, not really, ever had to pee on a stick then try to get in the mood? Spontaneity, gone! Obviously at first it's fun, but now it feels more like a job that I'm constantly failing at. I try so hard to not get depressed in front of my husband (after all he wants a baby just as bad as me, so in a way he's going through the same thing). I try not to because I don't want to create any more pressure than there already is. And as for adopting, obviously we will end up doing that if it comes to that, but that is a Big decision to make. People say oh just adopt and then you'll probably end up pregnant, actually that is Not proven to increase fertility, just because you watched a TV show once where that happened doesn't mean it happens that way. I'm sorry if this seems like I am negative, I am actually a really sweet person, but I just feel like breaking down and nobody truly knows how I feel. Even my Mom doesn't have the right words to say. She had kids at a very young age and all were unplanned. All my friends had babies young and are now on their 2nd or 3rd, all unplanned.

My husband and I are high school sweethearts, married 10 years, we've been trying to conceive for about 5 years. I am 29 and he is 31. Yes we got married young, but we decided to not get pregnant right away. I was on the pill for the first 5 years. We tried for about 2 years and then found out I had Endometriosis and had a laparoscopy and they removed a cyst and all of the Endometriosis (that was 3 years ago. My periods are no longer painful (so bad they brought me to the floor), but in the back of my mind I worry it could be back.

About 2 years ago my husband had a semen analysis and everything looked good (actually had two because my obgyn wanted one done and then when I went to the reproductive center and they wanted their own test), both looked good. I had an HSG test (shooting dye through to make sure fallopian tubes were open, everything looked good there too. She actually said I had a "text book uterus" and they told me that because they shoot that dye up there it actually kind of "clears" your fallopian tubes and for the next 3 months increases my chances a little. Of course I was super happy both everything on my husband and I "worked" and that we just needed to get the timing right. About 6 months after those tests we went forward with an IUI, unfortunately no luck. Decided to try naturally some more and here in about 1 week if I start my monthly we are going to do another this month. I am supposed to call as soon as I start so they have order my clomid so I can take it days 3-7, then ultrasound, the HSG injection, then IUI. I am 6 days away from when I am supposed to start and I wrote this because I feel like normally do around this time, so I got a little depressed and just needed to kind of vent and share my story. One thing that I'd like to add is IVF would be out of the question, we simply do not have the funds. Next choice would gestational carrier and that would be even more expensive than IVF. I live in a city ion Ohio where it's normal to have kids young or get married young, and I tell myself that some people in larger cities don't get married and think about kids till 30 years old. So it's not like I feel like this is it for me, but on the other hand I feel frustrated because we have been trying for 5 years. The only thing keeping me hopeful is that we've been checked and everything works.

Like I said anything you girls could say to make me feel better would be wonderful.

P.S.
I have been taking my temperature and using Clearblue digital ovulation tests. And of course I have been taking prenatal vitamins. I have read everything under the sun as far as information Lol and I feel like my brain is on overload. I have even tried Robitussin Lol! I watched this video / sales pitch for this woman's therapy on visualizing it. Also have you girls ever watched or read the book "The Secret", yeah I read that too And most importantly I pray every single day.

I am so very sorry this became a book If you read to this point I just want to say thank you and please offer any words you have

~Shuree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"