Feeling down tonight....

J

Jessa

It's been about two months now since we had our second miscarriage at almost 17 weeks (our baby had stopped growing at about 14 weeks). On the outside, people see that I'm fine and when I'm busy doing something or at work, I don't think about our loss that often. However, it's when I'm at home just hanging around that I start to feel down about everything. Every thing I do seems to have the same mantra follow it in my head -- "I should have been pregnant while doing this right now".....but I'm not. I should be over six months pregnant right now, but I'm not. It's absolutely heartbreaking to me.

My husband and used protection until my period resumed after the D&C. That means that we've tried for one cycle and I'm currently waiting for AF to leave on this second cycle. This may sound bad, but it's frustrating to me that we didn't get pregnant this last cycle because with both previous pregnancies it only took us one cycle. I was hoping...almost expecting...that it would be the same this time. Unfortunately not.

Thanks for reading. This ended up being longer than I had anticipated, but I guess I had more to say than I thought. I guess I try to remain positive as best I can and keep trying.

Sending you big :hug: tonight. So sorry that you're feeling down right now. Wish I could help take your pain away.

btw: It's been almost two months since our second miscarriage too. And this time last year we told our parents that we were pregnant for the first time (then miscarried in May, had very difficult time dealing with my emotions until I found out i was pregnant again). I found it difficult going to our family dinners this weekend, and actually just got in after a tearful ride home. This is the first time since our miscarriage that I am feeling this way. Just a little overwhelmed is all, expecting my period later this week and really tired at the moment too.

Hope things go well for you soon hun. Crossing my fingers really tight for you this next cycle. Sending you love and hugs. xox

Hi todteach...I know exactly what you mean. It occurred to me earlier a few days ago that our due date for our first baby has passed. Since I only knew I was pregnant for about two days before the miscarriage happened (even though I was about 7 weeks along), I didn't really get too attached to the first pregnancy, and therefore, didn't have the due date memorized. It would have been around the end of March. Since our second miscarriage happened later (17 weeks), I know that when July 25th rolls around, it's going to be a very sad day. Hopefully I'm pregnant again by then and well on my way to having a healthy baby.

Thanks for your encouragement. Hang in there. We'll get there someday.

I had a cry too yesterday. I was on the way home from a dinner party where the hostess was preggo. I got my AF yesterday too... so all in all it was a pretty crappy day!!

Like you, I keep on thinking, I should be revelling in my pregnancy by now. We didn't prevent this last month, so I was so disappointed that I wasn't pregnant. Especially after listening to the chat that "you're more fertile after a D&C"!

It's the first time that I've broken down since I m/c- it's not like me at all not to be chipper. Feel really down. Pleased that I'm back at work tomorrow as need the distraction!

It's been about two months now since we had our second miscarriage at almost 17 weeks (our baby had stopped growing at about 14 weeks). On the outside, people see that I'm fine and when I'm busy doing something or at work, I don't think about our loss that often. However, it's when I'm at home just hanging around that I start to feel down about everything. Every thing I do seems to have the same mantra follow it in my head -- "I should have been pregnant while doing this right now".....but I'm not. I should be over six months pregnant right now, but I'm not. It's absolutely heartbreaking to me.

My husband and used protection until my period resumed after the D&C. That means that we've tried for one cycle and I'm currently waiting for AF to leave on this second cycle. This may sound bad, but it's frustrating to me that we didn't get pregnant this last cycle because with both previous pregnancies it only took us one cycle. I was hoping...almost expecting...that it would be the same this time. Unfortunately not.

Thanks for reading. This ended up being longer than I had anticipated, but I guess I had more to say than I thought. I guess I try to remain positive as best I can and keep trying.

Just wanna say im so sorry for ur losses and hope u have some good news very soon, ive just had my first AF yesterday and in a way was bit gutted but i will just keep my fingers crossed that next time round it doesnt appear!

Hope all eases soon

take care

rachy xxx

It's so hard I know Jessa. My first AF after the m/c, I was actually devestated and went a little nuts since I had heard so much about how easy it was to concieve right after a m/c and when we didn't I was crushed.

I too wonder how I'll get through July 5 and I was missing Boo and crying about it last night.

:hugs: I'm sorry you're hurting so bad.

Hi Jessa :hugs:

So sorry for your loss. I had a m/c 9 weeks ago and i also have that "i should have been pregnant whilst doing this" thought process, its like a radio station that can't be switched off. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone and that i hope you're as okay as you can be during the incredably difficult time.

Got my fingers cross for you hun

Kay x

I am so sorry you are hurting right now.

I too keep thinking "I should be pregnant right now...". When my stomach twinges, I actually think (for a very small second) that I have a wee one in there. Because my first two pregnancies were healthy when I found out about my third pregnancy, I assumed everything would be fine. I keep forgetting that I am not pregnant. It just isn't natural to find out you have a life inside of you, and then it to just "go away" with no baby to hold.

I hope that you are able to enjoy a healthy pregnancy soon. Don't give up! I know many people who have had several MCs before a healthy pregnancy. BUT, it happens all of the time!!! :happydance:

Best wishes!!! :hugs:

Sorry you are feeling rubbish at the moment but know exactly how you feel. Although last night I was feeling angry about everything not tearful....
why has it happened to me again?
why did it not happen last month? (although I wasn't trying too hard as been told not to till my test results in next week)
why is everyone else around me getting pregnant with no problems?

I know how hard it can be when on the exterior we are able to get up with things as normal. Hopefully it will be our time next time. That is what we need to hang on to as it is all we've got.

Hope you are feeling better today xx

I'm feeling a bit better, but not a lot. Standing in line at the grocery store this afternoon, the lady in front of me was 8 months pregnant and chatted about it with the cashier the whole time her groceries were being rung in. How frustrating! I just felt like yelling out, "That should be ME having that conversation!".

But, like you've all said, I've just gotta keep going and be as positive as possible. There's nothing I can do to change what happened, but I can change the way I feel about the future. Here's hoping if I keep telling myself that over and over and over again, I'll eventually start to believe it wholeheartedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->