Feeling faint

ButterflyLuvx

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Im 6 weeks and 4 days and today I dont feel good at all .

I feel weak and faint like I haven't eaten. Has anyone else felt like this?
I dont remember feeling like this with my last pregnancy.

I haven't been taking folic acid yet as i have forgot to buy some. Could that be why?

Folic acid is to prevent certain birth defects with baby. It won't affect you, but you might decide to make this a priority, although it is most effective in the earliest weeks.

But I had this with my first baby. I felt so faint all the time. My blood sugar was always low. I had to eat pretty much all day long and sleep when I wasn't eating. It's tough. :hugs: it is a known symptom of pregnancy, though, and you're not alone. This feeling will likely come back as your blood volume picks up as your blood pressure starts to drop several weeks from now. But for now, try eating small, very frequent meals and getting as much rest as you can. Hope you feel better soon!

I agree with the pp, you might have low blood pressure too (I do and it causes me to have blackouts when I stand up quickly or feel faint if I stand for long periods). I have to add a little extra salt to my food and drink more water to help with it. I find going for short walks helps too (increases circulation) and eating frequently. I also supplement with liquid iron in morning shakes, anemia can cause fainting & weak feeling too.

Iron carries the oxygen in your blood, a deficiencies have been linked to ADHD, learning disabilities and cognitive impairments in the child once born and post partum depression in mom.

Folic acid/methyl folate (methyl folate is the better kind that's bio-available) prevents spina bifida and neural tube defects and vital in first tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->