Feeling fluey what can i take?

Tudor Rose

Mummy
Reaction score
yesterday in work my throat was scratchy and i had a dry cough, woke up today feeling really bad, took 2 paracetamols this morning the 2 a 12pm dont want to take any more what remidies can i take? are throat sweets ok like hall soothers?????
Thanx oh and Merry christmas :)

Hi, I was diagnosed with swine flu this week and have fought it (though it has floored me) using only paracetamol and things like olbas oil and vics vapour rub. I decided against the "official" drug after talking to my midwife and gp... honey and lemonade help with my sore throat.

Hope that helps

Halls and such are fine to take. Also, for a sore throat try to gargle with warm salted water. Hope you're feeling better soon. :hugs:

yep soothers and halls.. etc are fine..
i've had quite a few colds over the last 2 months or so.. and i've been eating them non-stop.. and i made sure with my GP and she said they're just like boiled sweets really, but give you more energy etc...
and contain quite alot of caffine, so try not to have too many :)
xxxxx

I am just getting over a nasty bought of sinusitis.
I was on paracetamol, and had Vicks Vapo Rub, which helped a bit.
Hubby scoured the pharmacists and discovered that there is a decongestiant tat is ok for pregnant women. It is called Beechams Veno's Expectorant. It looks like this, if you want to buy some
https://www.chemistonline.co.uk/img/shp/Beechams-Veno-s-Expectorant-Chesty-Coughs_T.jpg
It is a cough mixture that unfortunatly, tastes of licourice but it works!!
Hot ribena was also very soothing.

Thank god there is something cos I am absolutely smothered in a cold and was told by my chemist not to take anything! I feel really rough today.

i feel terrible! it all in my head too, the other week my son one morning was very clingy and kept giving me kisses later that evening he fell ill with a temp and then was full of a cold! at least he knows how to share lol!

You poor thing! I hope you and your son feel better soon! it is no fun having a bad cold during pregnancy.

Thank god there is something cos I am absolutely smothered in a cold and was told by my chemist not to take anything! I feel really rough today.

Pharmacists wont advise you to take anything at all during pregnancy from what I understand and my experiences...even paracetamol...you really do have to find out for yourself or go to your doctor. I went a few weeks ago for constipation and was just told to go see my doc as she couldnt and wouldnt sell me anything because I am pregnant..same goes with any ailment from what I understand....daft really when there are things you can take.

I made my own "lemsip" with hot ribena and two paracetemol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->