Feeling flutters in same spot my doppler picked heartbeat up

msbene

Reaction score
Hallo all! I'm 10w1d and have been feeling flutters low in my abdomen for a few days now (second pregnancy).

Given what most boards say about the unlikelihood of feeling any movement this early, and also that I'm 100lbs overweight, I chalked this up to gas.

But tonight while using my doppler, I finally picked up my LO's heartbeat (for 3 GLORIOUS seconds) right in the spot of the flutters 😮

So is it still gas? Or have I been feeling my baby? I know its not the kicks... Am guessing its the moving fluid am feeling?

I'll be honest. It's probably has or a muscle spasm, but when I had he same feeling at 9 weeks along with my third-born, I considered it feeling baby, and I'd feel it in the same place frequently and also found the heart tones in that spot frequently, even up to around 16 weeks when my uterus started to raise way up and I started feeling it much higher (and stronger! Big kicks!). I had a similar experience with this pregnancy, but it stopped when I passed gas, sooooo it really made me re-think my experience with my other pregnancy. Not sure! Not sure at all!

It's so hard to say, but I've heard of others feeling it that early with second + pregnancies!

Also, I don't think weight really matters as far as that goes. I could be wrong, but I think weight comes more into play when trying to feel from the outside, so I wouldn't consider your weight as a reason as to why you can or can't feel at 10w.

If it is, that's very exciting! I didn't start feeling DD until 18 weeks. I didn't start feeling her a lot more until about 25 weeks. With DS I started feeling him at 16 weeks and a lot more around 20.

I'm really interested to hear if it continues to happen and starts to get stronger <3

I felt flutters at 10 weeks with my second. At first I doubted if it was really baby, but the sensations continued, gradually getting stronger as time went by so I really believe they were baby.

I thought it was just me but I have also been feeling early movements and I'm only 11 weeks. I thought it was gas bubbles to at 1st but then I actually put my hand over the spot where I feel the baby (literally feels like a little lump) and I felt tiny pops and it was only in the area. I am also starting to feel tiny flutters. This is my 2nd pregnancy.

Thanks for replies ppl! Well I think I picked the heartbeat up again today but it was so faint it may have been my own blood flow lol.

I have a check up tomorrow and I think I'll have an ultrasound. I'll ask my doc which side my LO is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->