feeling frumpy-I have had enough and still 2 months to go!

satine51

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Is anybody feeling the same? I have been feeling very self conscious recently, especially when I am out and about. I have this horrible feeling that people keep staring at me, but not in a nice way! :wacko:
I hate when people keep staring at my bump,I feel so unattractive right now. I am going to a wedding tomorrow and I am dreading it :growlmad:

I wish I could just hide myself at home until the birth! Don't get me wrong, I am so happy to be expecting, but recently I have been feeling more and more fat/frumpy and self conscious.
Any remedies/advice? :shrug:

I hear ya'! It's no fun when you feel like this. I sympathise as I feel the exact same. I don't feel like myself at all and as glad as I am to be expecting my little one, I'm not necessarily a fan of being pregnant :blush:

Just console yourself that in the grand scheme of life, it's only for a short time and will be worth every uncomfortable and frumpy second once your baby arrives. :hugs:

Ditto

I feel like a bit of a freak sometimes... I am a small person and my bump is so massive, people joke that I block out the sun when they see me:growlmad:
:hugs:

i'm so glad you posted this. It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling that way. Every time I try to pick something to wear, I discover one piece doesn't fit me anymore and i'm running out of options. My feet and ankles are swollen, my face is all puffy, I started retaining water in my arms, I feel so unpretty :-(
People tell me "Oh you look so good pregnant, you are just glowing!" Yeah, I'm glowing because the hormones are making my face feel shiny, not to mention my hair greasy.

Ugh!

But we only have a few more weeks to go and we can get back to being HOT again. We'll just be hot little mammas, that's all :)

I'm feeling pretty hideous today. Practically none of my clothes fit, so I'm wearing the same two outfits day in day out. I refuse to spend a fortune on maternity clothes. I'm not that big but big enough that people stare. Plus i feel I need some sort of old man's truss to support my belly.

I'm not sure I have any tips for you to be honest-I'm looking for them myself! But just thought I'd let you know you're not alone x

I feel like a fat bloater. Im at the stage that not everyone can tell I'm pregnant so I just look overweight

Aww, thanks to you all. It's not a nice feeling, is it! I don't think I put excessive weight, but boy I look big. My bum is bigger, my thighs are much bigger, cellulite on legs plus for some unexplained reason, my arms got much fatter!!

I am really looking forward to getting back into shape. Btw, why do people stare so much? I was so angry today because of this, I almost approached someone to say, "yes, I am pregnant. Now could you please stop staring?"!!!

omg i totally understand!!!! i'm to tired to work..i keep playing with my iphone instead with my husband..:)
BTW..did u try my babys beat app for hearing your babys heartbeat..it's like 4$ from appstore..so freaking AWSOME!!!
(told ya i was doing nothing..)

I know what you mean. I feel frumpy all of the time. I also just wish i could walk normally instead of a slow waddle! it's terrible.

I actually did my hair etc today and it looked nice - i was going to visit my friend in prison.....had my sunglasses (as a hair accessory) to keep hair off my face and was made to take them off and leave in a locker.......so was instantly back to feeling like crap! grrr xx

I know what you mean. I feel frumpy all of the time. I also just wish i could walk normally instead of a slow waddle! it's terrible.

I actually did my hair etc today and it looked nice - i was going to visit my friend in prison.....had my sunglasses (as a hair accessory) to keep hair off my face and was made to take them off and leave in a locker.......so was instantly back to feeling like crap! grrr xx
:hugs:

omg i totally understand!!!! i'm to tired to work..i keep playing with my iphone instead with my husband..:)
BTW..did u try my babys beat app for hearing your babys heartbeat..it's like 4$ from appstore..so freaking AWSOME!!!
(told ya i was doing nothing..)
Wow, I haven't tried that app, is it safe though?

girl i wish my water would break right now, actually anywhere i dont care... i am stretched to my max.... hugs

I definately know wot you mean, im only 27 weeks an im feeling like this!! i have a dress down day in work tomorro an i literally have nothing to wear!! lol its bloody awful nothing fits went to mothercare the other day to get pair of Mat jeans tried them on they fit really well had plenty of room to grow then i cn the price £60!!! i dont bloody think so!!
Primark need to start a maternity section!!

wot r we supposed to do! also i think it makes such a difference to wear like some nice wedges r a heel but done this over the weekend an mustv forgotten that im so heavy an i ALMOST toppled right over in like 6inch wedges!!! Not good at all!!

Think this must just b somethin we have to deal with :( xx

I completely sympathize. Everyone says I'm small but I feel absolutely huge having never weighed over 8 stone before! I went to a wedding on Sunday and also have another tomorrow. I was shattered afterwards and really annoyed that I felt frumpy and had to change into flats after a few hours. Normally I'd dance for hours but I just felt so self conscious!

I hope tomorrow goes well and that people compliment you on your gorgeous bump instead of staring. X

I hate it that we all feel this way...but I am also glad I'm not the only one! I hate it that I can't even fit into my old big baggy tshirts anymore to just hang out at home, instead I feel even more self conscious because they are stretched to the max. So basically I don't even have any comfy clothes, just a few nice maternity dresses for church that still fit and 2 pairs of capris. My biggest issue is that I have gained weight on the back of my lower waist for some reason, so every shirt I put on sticks to what looks like fat rolls back there :(. Makes me super self conscious.

Plus in the last week I have had 3 ppl say "ahhh not much longer, huh?" when I am out in public. At first I was laughing at the look on their faces when I say "Oh I have til August" but now I'm starting to let it get to me. I just keep telling myself it will all be over and done with soon!

I feel the same way too. I love having the bump and the privillage to be pg - but it is scary to imagine what I willl look and feel like in another month or 2!

Gah I hate this! I'm exactly the same only I feel most unicomfortable at work, I work in a supermarket so I have a strict uniform. I bought maternity trousers and a skirt but even those are starting to get too tight, all I'm comfy in is leggings and the won't let me wear them :( so I have to be all hot and uncomfortable aswell as looking like I've swallowed a football and all the other glorious niggly bits of pregnancy I.e aching legs etc x

Jaz cheap maternity clothes try matalan and some asda's stock it, their leggings are only about £6, also peacocks and H&M, I've got plenty to wear when I'm off work it's my uniform thats the problem :( maternity blouses have big slits up the sides so I have to wear a vest under (in this weather!) x

I am soooooooooooooo with you!! I feel like a small elephant (and on some days, a large one!). I hate all my clothes. I hate my maternity pants and I hate the way shirts look on me. I am so done being pregnant. I can't wait to meet my baby and to be able to look less like a hippo. Sigh. 3 months to go still.

:hugs: I only have one pair of decent maternity pants left that fit, but it's too hot right now for those! It's been in the 90s every day and so miserable, I've been waddling around in my maternity dresses looking like a sweaty, greased-up hippo.:haha:

Yeah, I'm really ready to get my figure back. I want people to stare because I'm sexy, not because I'm huuuuuge!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->