Feeling frustrated 2 days over and counting.....

Wannabemum96

Reaction score
hey folks, just really a post to vent!

I’m now 40+2 and feeling so so sooooo fed up! I went a day early with my son and never had to worry about the thought of induction or anything. As time goes on I cannot help but get more and more anxious thinking every day that’s gonna pass baby is getting bigger and bigger and will be harder to get out.....I know that really not the case but my mind is just running away from me. First labour was good up until the end and resulted in forceps and although I’ve spent this pregnancy not being scared or remotely worried about the birth I’m now crapping myself.
I had my first sweep done today, MW could get into my cervix easily and feel baby’s head and my waters but cervix is still like 2cm thick. Can’t help but feel this is gonna be never ending and I’ll have to wait through till next Monday for my induction (I’m lucky to just be waiting 9 days instead of the usual 12!!)
I’m so thankful to be having another baby but my goodness I have hated this pregnancy and I just want it to be over now :(

Sorry to vent but I just had to xx

So sorry you’re feeling like this. I understand completely my kids were 41 wks & 40+5 at that point even moving is a struggle. Won’t be long now.

The baby being bigger doesn’t necessarily mean labor will be harder. It’s the baby’s position that makes the difference. My daughter was 7 lb 2 at 41 weeks and her position was perfect. My son was 8 lb 5 at 40+5 and back to back, it was a traumatic birth. One of my brothers was around the same weight as my son when he was born but my mom was saying that that particular birthing experience was the fastest and easiest.

With my son I had a sweep at 40+4 at night and told to go in for an induction the next day. The night I was probably around 2cm. But the next morning when I went in I was already 4cm and in active labor!

Totally understand how you feel. My DS was 2 weeks over due so I was 42 weeks and so fed up. I was huge and I kept telling them that he was gonna be big but they wudnt have it.
If I wud of had him on his due date he wud of been around 7 and half lbs but because they made me go 2 weeks over due b4 they wud do anything I ended up having to have a forceps delivery because he got really stuck. I'm only very petite and he was 8lb 15oz which for me is huge.

He was my biggest and my smallest was DD she was 5lb but I was induced at 35+4 because I had a liver transplant in 2011 and I also had severe pre eclampsia and that liver condition u get in pregnancy that makes u itch like crazy.
I will be having this baby early as well but just wanted to say I totally know how horrible it is seeing ure due date come and go.
I tried everything to get him out as well. All the old wives tales but nothing worked.
Really hope that stretch and sweep does the trick hon and u have ure baby very very soon.
Just wanted to wish you the very best of luck. Make sure u get some rest so u have the energy for labour.
I have it all crossed for you that things start happening soon[-o<

I understand your worries. My first one was born 6 days before his due date. My water broke with him. My 2nd one kept me in suspense! I had on and off labor for the last 2 weeks with her. On her due date, I started feeling regular contractions. I was 3 cm dilated, but then my labor stopped! They did a sweep and it started up again and stopped again. Since it wouldn't stay regular, they admitted me, augmented with petocin and she ended up being born a day after her due date. I remember feeling like she was never going to come before that! It was so hard every day wondering if I was finally going into labor that would last.
I hope yours comes soon. I also think it's totally normal for you to want the pregnancy to be over at this point. You are not alone! Fingers crossed your little one comes quickly!

Any news ??

I went 9 days over with DD1 and it was sooo frustrating!! Ended up going into labour on my own but needed inducing and forceps as she was in distress !

It’s so hard to fill the time as you just want labour to be over with and baby here safely !

I hope baby has been born and you are both well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->