Feeling guilty about gender disappointment.

b4baby

Mommy to DD and DS
Reaction score
So I had my 20 week scan yesterday and the whole was through she was talking about the baby saying 'this is his...' or he this and that but then at the end said from what I have seen it looks like a little girl.
To say I was gutted was a understatment. I really wanted a boy more than anything and a girl was just not in my plan! But now everyone around me keeps going on about how wonderful it is to have a girl but I just really don't feel it. Don't get me wrong I know I will love her more than anything and I am very happy she is healthy.
So now I feel really guilty I am sad she is a girl and don't know what to do. Has anyone else felt like this? How long does it last for? Any advice?
Bx

I don't know what mine is yet, but I've been in tears tonight as scan tomorrow and finding out. I really want a girl and I feel so guilty and horrible for not wanting another boy. I'm actually convincing myself it is a boy so hopefully I can deal better with the disappointment. I'm sure I will love it etc, but it's going to take me a while to get used to the idea. I really want to be excited either way, but I'm just so apprehensive about it all. I hope you find a way to deal with your disappointment and that it soon turns positive for you. I just know what it means to have your heart set on a particular gender, xo

I understand totally. The "boy" was part of my plan too and all I had envisaged so was a bit of a knock to find out I was in fact having a girl.

I still can't seem to shift my mindset as it has been stuck on "boy" for a long time. I have been looking at girls clothes and bought a few bits, maybe this would help? I sincerely hope you get your boy, but if not then I cannot tell you how long the dissapointment lasts or how to get over it as I am still learning!

I do think once the baby is here it will be totally different, but we will see.

Hope you get your blue :) x

So I had my 20 week scan yesterday and the whole was through she was talking about the baby saying 'this is his...' or he this and that but then at the end said from what I have seen it looks like a little girl.
To say I was gutted was a understatment. I really wanted a boy more than anything and a girl was just not in my plan! But now everyone around me keeps going on about how wonderful it is to have a girl but I just really don't feel it. Don't get me wrong I know I will love her more than anything and I am very happy she is healthy.
So now I feel really guilty I am sad she is a girl and don't know what to do. Has anyone else felt like this? How long does it last for? Any advice?
Bx

I know how you feel! I would love a boy this time around as well! I have four girls and am 18 weeks pregnant with twins and I have my scan in a couple of weeks to find out! Hopefully at least one is a boy. No advice just to say Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->