Feeling kicks in a weird place

stellababy

Reaction score
So I used to feel kicks up front and low, but over the last few days, it seems that the baby is in a strange place- I feel movement on my side, where my waist is. Almost like the baby is doing a dance and lying sideways. I have never felt the baby that far back in all of the times I have been pregnant. Is this normal?

I get kicked in the side all the time! I find it the most uncomfortable place she kicks, it kinda hurts! My kicks are still low down at hip level, and always off to one side even if not right into my sides. I rarely get kicked in the front/ middle! I think baby must be laying across! I should probably be thankfully baby is not yet kicking me in the ribs as I have what my midwife calls rib flare and wow do my ribs hurt without being kicked!

Don't worry at 17 weeks, baby still has a lot of room to move around. They have probably just wiggled into a funny position! Maybe they are long legged and stretching out into your waist area! :)

My favorite is when she kicks me in the vagina, like I can actually feel it jump. It is so bizarre feeling. I definitely am getting kicks all over the place.

Lately I feel like I can feel her burrowing into one side or the other of my uterus, and it slightly aches sometimes when she changes position. Particularly when that involves pushing her head, back, or butt (whatever it is under my belly that's hard, jeez) into the top of my uterus. I suspect she was upside down for at least a time today. (actually, she's still having her mid-afternoon party, heh)

Im having twins and top baby is transverse so i get kicks to the side which feels very odd at times lol x

My first baby was transverse a lot of my pregnancy so all my kicks were at my right side and just below my right rib, it was sooo uncomfortable!
This baby is all low down and majority of kicks are on my cervix which is a really strange sensation. Earlier on you will feel movements everywhere as they have so much room to move around and switch positions :)

Ugh. Yes. My fourth-born loved to hang out in my side. It was sooo uncomfortable. And when I was in third tri, you could literally touch my side and feel a foot shape. I would rub the foot until it moved, but my stubborn baby would put it back after a few minutes. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->