Feeling like a phony..

KAH1990

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like they don't really have the right to have a little moan about how they're feeling right now because you don't have a bump. I'm only 6 weeks but totally exhausted and have nausea 24/7, a lot worse than with my first. My good friend and my work colege are in the 20 something weeks of their pregnancy, and seeing them walking around with their big bumps makes me feel like my preganacy is less important. Pointless thread just wanted to write it down ha

At 20 weeks pregnant I felt sooooooo good. Loads of energy and no more sickness tiredness. Give me 20 weeks over 6 weeks any day! :haha:

I feel exactly the same!! I feel so awful every day and I can't have a whinge to anyone and I don't look pregnant :-(

I'm so tired I can't wait to get some energy back I don't mind if it all doesn't come back just some :sleep::sleep:

I'm sat in work and honestly I could put my head on my desk and sleep

I felt sooooo much more tired/sore/sick in the first tri than I do right now halfway through!! Complain allllll you want :)

ahah I felt the same 2 weeks ago!
I was in a huge mall and felt dizzy so I sat down a moment when a 6-7month pregnant women walked and took the stairs in front of me. I felt like a wimp :haha:

I totally relate to this. I am only 6+4 with no visible bump yet, but I have crazy amounts of nausea. The other day, OH and I were in Buy Buy Baby, and I got so nauseous that I had to sit down. So there was me, with no baby bump to speak of, sitting in a chair breathing slowly and trying to not puke, and the entire store was full of women with clear baby bumps milling around just fine. I felt absurd, like there is some kind of "pregnant lady" club that I'm not yet a part of. I felt like they were all looking at me and thinking "Oh, she's clearly not pregnant, so she must be here buying a gift for a pregnant lady. And she's lazy." but I'm sure they were actually thinking "Oh, I remember that stage, glad I'm not there anymore!"

Fortunately for me I was a little out of shape before so people think I have a bump. hahaha but seriously, I may not be showing yet but the nausea is for sure so that's a reason for me to whine, I think!

Personally (and this is just me) I felt horrible in first trimester with both my pregnancies. All the main organs develop in first trimester and it literally takes all your energy. I find once I hit 2nd Trimester I feel great (better than 1st Trimester) and then tired again in 3rd. Don’t feel bad we have babies in our bellies to and we have a right to moan too :) Our bodies are just as exhausted as the further along women :) xx

That feeling went away as soon as I read Husband Coached Childbirth by Dr. Bradley. It's a book that's really designed for you husband to read but it is VERY clear that women are often very tired and sick early on and everyone needs to realize that and be sensitive to it. I am lucky to be married to a complete saint who acts like I am running a marathon while having the flu every day.

I always feel about a million times worse in the first month or two of pregnancy than at the end, when I can't see my feet and need a help out of the chair.

Give me a huge bump over 6-week nausea and exhaustion any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->