feeling like an outcast when venturing out of WTT?

cocokitten

Reaction score
does anyone else feel like a bit of an outcast when they venture out of WTT?
(obviously this is just aimed at those of us who have never been pregnant)

I made a comment on a thread on another board and someone else had written about it being hard to understand unless you are pregnant/have babies.

I didnt reply as she was probably right! but it kind of makes you feel a bit silly for being in a forum like this. I suppose we have our own wtt section which is great, but i always feel like a bit of a fraud if i post anywhere else!:blush:

As a side thought, does anyone feel a bit "different" to those who don't really want/think about kids then they just fall pregnant while the whole time we've been obsessing about how broody we are/ what colour pram we'll have etc long before they got a bfp, but we're the ones who don't understand about babies etc.

I dunno what im talking about really! It just makes me feel like a bit of a nutter :blush: and really ashamed of my broodiness.

I have noticed a few people on here who seem to be a little bit "ashamed" of being so broody iykwim.

Sorry its a ramble and I've reread it but can't think how to phrase it better!

I must admit I do a fair bit of stalking on the 3rd Tri forums, and I could probably tell you what the onset of labour looks like if you described some symptoms lol:dohh:
But, I would never post there for the same reason you said, the "outcast" factor. I also feel ashamed of my broodiness, I can't really talk to my OH about it too much, and I have to watch what I say in front of my parents and his family - as they're known to take the piss out of me (I know they don't mean it in a bad way, but I'm quite sensitive when the topics of engagement/marriage/babies come up - it's like they're calling me a bunny boiler - in an almost 4 year relationship - or mocking my aspirations iykwim), or criticise me for wanting things "too young", the hypocrites that they are.

Since finding out about OH's sister's pregnancy, broodiness has increased, and I feel like I want to do nothing but talk to OH about it, "what do you think the right age for us would be?" "Wouldn't it be nice if we had kids a similar age to hers so they can play" etc etc. But I've been having to cool my guns lately, as my constant goo-goo eyes over baby things has been annoying OH. He does want a baby too, but he just seems to be better at accepting that it's a few years away for us yet so there's no point talking about it. I've managed 2 months so far, and around the time of AF it's a total nightmare, cause I always get a bit gutted that I'm not pregnant :dohh::dohh:

To be honest I know about more about pregnancy than some of my friends who are pregnant/had a baby...

Least we will be well prepared when we get there! Lol.

I do feel a bit odd going into other forums and I only tend to post in here and GS & weightloss.

Some people can be very insensitive on here.

xxx

I know exactly what you mean. I was meant to join TTC last week, but things had to be put back suddenly. before i joined i wanted to get some advice and say hi, and things about going to see a FS, only 3 people responded and when I do get responses to my questions I'm made to feel like I should know that, or how dare I ask when I'm only NTNP.

I'm sure (I think) that when we get to those forum's properly they'll probably be lovely, but right now I'm scared of leaving WTT and the people I find that odd support with on the day's I'm going nuts.

PS not sure on the colour but I do know the entire pram system I want and the bedroom set :blush:

yay :happydance: im so glad others feel like outsiders sometimes too!

Yeah Frothy Bunny I go on pretty much all the boards, but ttc is a scary one!
its like they talk a foreign language! i can just about grasp when id be most fertile (2 weeks after period) and thats all i know!
i kind of dont want to research it all too much as i think its nice to just try naturally and then if youre getting nowhere look at other ways but all the talk of cervical mucus and what not makes me feel a bit :sick: so i dont tend to stay there long!

Ugh Manicsgirl thats frustrating. i get that a lot too, im 21 now and will be 23 when we're married and ttc (sep 2011) and everyone thinks im too young as well.
Well ive done nearly four years now, it'll have been 5yrs when we actually ttc! and thats 4 years of agonising broodiness!

I wont even entertain the idea of moving dates now, and he knows it, no way i could bear it.

I must admit I do a fair bit of stalking on the 3rd Tri forums, and I could probably tell you what the onset of labour looks like if you described some symptoms lol:dohh:
But, I would never post there for the same reason you said, the "outcast" factor. I also feel ashamed of my broodiness, I can't really talk to my OH about it too much, and I have to watch what I say in front of my parents and his family - as they're known to take the piss out of me (I know they don't mean it in a bad way, but I'm quite sensitive when the topics of engagement/marriage/babies come up - it's like they're calling me a bunny boiler - in an almost 4 year relationship - or mocking my aspirations iykwim), or criticise me for wanting things "too young", the hypocrites that they are.

Since finding out about OH's sister's pregnancy, broodiness has increased, and I feel like I want to do nothing but talk to OH about it, "what do you think the right age for us would be?" "Wouldn't it be nice if we had kids a similar age to hers so they can play" etc etc. But I've been having to cool my guns lately, as my constant goo-goo eyes over baby things has been annoying OH. He does want a baby too, but he just seems to be better at accepting that it's a few years away for us yet so there's no point talking about it. I've managed 2 months so far, and around the time of AF it's a total nightmare, cause I always get a bit gutted that I'm not pregnant :dohh::dohh:

Your situation is about the exact same as mine. OH's sister-in-law is pregnant and that's all I ever hear about which just puts me in a bad mood. Not to mention all of my friends have kids or are expecting. I just feel so left out and it's so hard knowing that OH and I aren't going to actively start TTC for a year or so. But all the time I have OH's parents telling me not to get pregnant. I just don't understand why everyone thinks it's so wrong for OH and I to have a baby. :growlmad:

Not to mention, my friends and OH's parents and sister-in-law talk nonstop about baby stuff. I mean and it's stuff like labor and what time of the year they disliked being pregnant and maternity clothes and what brands of stuff they use. I mean how am I supposed to join in on the conversation when they're discussing stuff I know nothing about. I just feel so alone sometimes so it's nice seeing some other girls who feel the same.

What frustrates me is that everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant at the drop of a hat! My brothers girlfriend is about 14/15 weeks. First she wasn't sure whether to keep it, then she decided to keep it but didn't tell her parents about it until 13 weeks, ahhh! I just wanted to shout at her/the world "if you're not going to do it properly then let me be the pregnant one!!". I also found out a friend of a friend got pregnant and is having an abortion, which is fine cos it's up to her but it just seems so unfair sometimes. Me and hubby really want babies and also his sister is desperate for babies but she doesn't ovulate, has had hormone treatment and is on the waiting list for IVF, which is a reality check that it's not always that easy to fall pregnant and makes me worry about whether it'll ever be my turn!

hehe I am constantly venturing out into other forum of this board, I either don't post though or just give my 2 pence to them whether they want or not xD

cocokitten - i saw your post in teen pregnancy and think the girl who replied was a little rude to you :)

I was TTC for two years but i didnt know this forum exsisted until i was almost in 2nd tri. However i will be back in this section after Joseph is here - as i have to wait 3 years for the next :(

Ugh Manicsgirl thats frustrating. i get that a lot too, im 21 now and will be 23 when we're married and ttc (sep 2011) and everyone thinks im too young as well.

you're being told you're too young?? my mom is telling me i should get married already! I'm only 18! OH is 21. :dohh: then again, my parents aren't the most traditional.. lol

you're being told you're too young?? my mom is telling me i should get married already! I'm only 18! OH is 21. :dohh: then again, my parents aren't the most traditional.. lol

:haha:My gran has dementia, and whenever she asks how long we've been together and I say "3 years" or whatever, she's all "You're slow! I had your grandad snared long before then!":blush::haha:. I've been getting this for 2 years now lol. Both our sets of parents think we're young to be settling down, but they both settled down young due to pregnancies (Catholic families back in the day), so perhaps they don't want us to feel forced into it? I dunno... It's just frustrating! It's my choice damnit! :dohh::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->