Feeling like im going to die. Please dont Read and Run =(

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. Im currently seeing a counseler.

The feeling i have is completely different than my normal attacks of anxiety or panic. I feel like i am going to die. Not for any paticular reason. Just that i am going to die very soon. I hate this feeling sooooooo much. I dont feel sick or anything ( other than i have a cold of some kind that my doc prescribed me Amoxicillin antibotics for in case of a strain of strep). But other than that i dont feel sick. Just feeling that im going to die soon! =(

Am i Nuts?!

No you are not nuts. I am ill or dying most of the time lol. I even managed to convince myself that i had HIV just because the midwife did the blood test. There is no way on gods earth that i had it :dohh: but just because she tested for it i got myself in a terrible state :growlmad:

Have you spoke to your doctor ? I find that when pregnant and for a year or so after birth i am completely unreasonable with my thoughts of illness and death. I'm not sure why this happens but you are certainly not alone :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

sorry just saw you are seeing a counselor. Hope you feel better soon xxxxx

That's the thing with anxiety you can convince yourself of anything, particularly if you are feeling down.

Can you spend some quality time with family and friends to take your mind of it in the short term or until your next appointment with your councilor and then mention it to them?

You are not going mad xx

I don't know what to say hun, but no you are not nuts :hugs:

Thanks everyone. I was also thinking how some pills can make you have suicidal thoughts (which im not) but can they also make you have these kinds of thoughts. Maybe amoxicillin is making me have these thoughts?

Bout to lay down and sleep, hoping i feel better when i wake up? Wonder if i should stop taking the amoxicillin?

I had horrendous anxiety like this during pregnancy and in the first year after ds1's birth. I was terrified either he or I might contract nasty diseases. It did get better and I did not share these thoughts with others, which I should have done. It may have been easier to manage if I had. I think this experience is a process of adaptation to becoming a mother. These fears are based on something real which most of us have, but can push to the back of our minds and still function. I would discuss these feelings with health professionals though, as they might be able to prescribe some medication or counselling to help you through this process. I'm sure you will feel better in the future and be able to manage these feelings. Amoxicillan in your case might be contributing too, so I would discuss your experiences with your prescriber to see what they think about stopping it. Good luck! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

aww hun its awful feeling like this i convince my self im seriously ill everyday my anixety is so bad

im to scared to take anti depressents so im on homepathic remides hopefull they ll help

if you ever want to chat pm me theres also a really good forum for panic attacks anixety ect which you might find helpful x

aww hun i understand u 100% i feel like i have something wrong with me all the time too im always worried im gunna die or something its horrible...xx

i have the same feelings sometimes. It's the worst feeling, your not alone x

will post more when on comp but wanted to leave :hug: x

:hugs: I have the same problem :(

It's absolutely overwhelming and consumes your entire being.. And for me it has led to alot of problems sleeping. For the longest while I was absolutely convinced I had cervical cancer... Had a pap and that came back normal but now I'm freaking out cause of HIV.... I had my routine prenatal bloodwork done just a little while ago and now everytime the phone ring my heart speeds up and I start to sweat and I feel like I'm gonna puke cause I'm afraid it's the midwives saying I came back positive.

I wish I had an answer as to how to fix it... My counselor pretty much told me that my paranoia's of death were so severe that she thought I needed intensive cognitive-behavioral modification therapy in hospital. Way to make a girl feel crazy.....

im the same as you Kandykinz :( ... its awful so far this year i have had breast ultrasound and heart ultrasound (i do have a heart prob tho) and next week im seeing a special eye doctor :/ and i swear to god im not making these problems up :( its awful to feel this way! ive not even told my doctor about my anxiety so i have no treatment for it :( i take herbal medicine usually :) x

im the same as you Kandykinz :( ... its awful so far this year i have had breast ultrasound and heart ultrasound (i do have a heart prob tho) and next week im seeing a special eye doctor :/ and i swear to god im not making these problems up :( its awful to feel this way! ive not even told my doctor about my anxiety so i have no treatment for it :( i take herbal medicine usually :) x

I hope everything comes back normal with your ultrasounds. :hugs: My health isn't too too bad.... I have reason to think that I may have MS... my mom has it... my first cousin has it.... I have in the past few years developed several symptoms of it though the only thing that is really bothersome is the pars planitis (rare eye thing...). That gets me upset every once and awhile and I'm actually scared to get diagnosed with it BUT to be honest the thought of cancers and terminal diseases scares me even more.... I have so far in my life experienced several and I mean several bumps and lumps and luckily so far they have all been benign but they have definitly taken a toll on my perceptions of longevity... and now with the HIV testing I'm just beyond myself. I don't engage in any "at risk" behaviours but I was a former midwifery student and spent two years in clinical placements where I was splashed with other people's blood and birth goo on more then one occasion... And yes skin tends to act as a good barrier and as I've never had a HIV positive client (most agreed to testing prenatally) the risk in my opinion is still very real.. .Just thinking about it makes me wanna puke.

I was on anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication awhile back and really did not like how it meshed with my system so I stopped and never tried again... I did though experience a great deal of relief when I was TTC as I started to take Vitex. The vitex in my opinion was a miracle herb and after about 3 months I was no longer preoccupied and scared to death of dying. I felt normal and at ease for the first time in a long time... But now I'm pregnant.. and I'm really happy about it... but I don't feel comfortable taking the vitex and my anxiety has returned :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->