Feeling like I'm the only one who wants this baby

Dobsd

Reaction score
My partner and I had talked about having a second child in January. On Feb 22nd, we were about to DTD and he said "I'm not going to pull out, OK?". Well, now I'm 4 weeks pregnant and he's making me feel bad about it. It happened quicker than we thought it would but in my mind at least, it was what we both wanted.
Since I got my BFP last Thursday he's been nothing but negative about it. All he can talk about is how we need to do the house up, how we aren't careful enough with money, how he thinks our relationship is going to be strained and how he's going to have less time to himself.
He's just making me feel like I'm the only person in the world who wants this baby. We told my parents and sister at the weekend and afterwards he told me "you should expect more reactions like that". I thought they had reacted absolutely fine.
I'm just so confused. He isn't taking at all about the baby and it's really getting me down.
Does anybody have any advice? Or has anybody else been though this?

Perhaps he is still a bit shocked at how quickly it happened. He will get used to the idea as the pregnancy progresses. Men have a funny way of dealing with these things, or unexpected things anyways.

This however does not mean that you have to go through all of this alone or that your partner does not have to support you, even now. He made this baby too so maybe he is kinda angry at himself for thinking he was ready and now he is not sure.

Look, even an unexpected pregnancy will, most of the time, turn out to be a great blessing once the baby is born and then he will feel guilty about the way he felt when you found out. He will come around, and if not well then he is not the partner you deserve.

Good luck :flower:

He's probably just a bit shocked at how fast it's happened :hugs:

His worries are all valid worries but I'm sure as time passes he'll relax a little and become less worried :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->