• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling like my babies will never come home

DollPosse

Reaction score
My 29 weekers are 8 weeks today. They both have bad GERD which leads to spells. My son still has to have some tube feedings, both are still on caffeine, and both still have to have their milk fortified. They're never going home it feels like. I'm in so many groups for preemies and so many mums with younger preemies or preemies around the same gestation are going home or have gone home. It's really upsetting me. I want them to come home when they are ready, but I feel so sad.

I know its hard when you're ready for them to come home and there is one last hurdle to overcome, but they're not at term yet. We were told the first time to expect our 28 weeker home at term and if they come home earlier consider it a bonus, as it happened she came home at term plus 4 weeks - it felt unimaginably long and we were just desperate for normal to start. No advice just an 'I know how you feel'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->