Feeling low

I can understand your disappointment in not having a girl. I knew I would feel the same if I only had boys before I had kids, but I ended up with two girls and now we are having a boy. I am a little freaked out about it.
My only advice is to not be too hard on yourself for how you feel. Pregnancy is a difficult enough time. Try to take good care of you, and remember what a wonderful mother you are to your son. Maybe if you think about how much you love him, and what a wonderful gift you are giving to him (a brother and lifelong best friend) you will feel a little better.
Good luck Mama

Thanks Kerry and congratulations on your blue babe

Scarlett any news yet? Not long until d day for you! How are you feeling?

I feel like my boy has dropped recently. He's really low and I feel Soooo uncomfortable all the time. It seems a bit early for this though so wonder if he'll come early 😣

Scarlett any news yet? Not long until d day for you! How are you feeling?

I feel like my boy has dropped recently. He's really low and I feel Soooo uncomfortable all the time. It seems a bit early for this though so wonder if he'll come early 😣

Feeling ok. I'll be happy to get to the end of this pregnancy though! No real signs of it e ding yet unless you include braxton hicks, but they can go on for months! How early would it be for you? (The tickets don't see,m to show on this board...)

Yeah I noticed that too. I wonder why they don't show... I'm 34 weeks on Tuesday and due April 19th but feel like he'll be early. I hope he won't be too early but at the same time will be glad to not be pregnant anymore as feel like I'm ready to have my body back!

Are you feeling ok? I feel so tired and achy all the time. So done with being pregnant but trying to enjoy it as it could be the last time.

Yeah I noticed that too. I wonder why they don't show... I'm 34 weeks on Tuesday and due April 19th but feel like he'll be early. I hope he won't be too early but at the same time will be glad to not be pregnant anymore as feel like I'm ready to have my body back!

Are you feeling ok? I feel so tired and achy all the time. So done with being pregnant but trying to enjoy it as it could be the last time.

I've also felt I'd be early, but to be honest I thought I might have had him/her by now! So obviously wrong about that... I am so exhausted and achey, especially my back. I am just building up to trying various things to encourage eviction...

Oh yes spicy food and sex apparently!! Although I don't know about you but sex is the last thing i want to do!!

Maybe I won't be early then. Were you early with your others? I was 10 days early with my ds.

The more this pregnancy goes on the more I don't want to be pregnant again!

Oh yes spicy food and sex apparently!! Although I don't know about you but sex is the last thing i want to do!!

Maybe I won't be early then. Were you early with your others? I was 10 days early with my ds.

The more this pregnancy goes on the more I don't want to be pregnant again!

I was a week early with number two and two days late with number one. I do not want to be pregnant again! I have to admit to dtd in desperation last night. It was not easy! At this point I am willing to try anything! Let me know of any ideas you have!

Have a bit of chilli. That's what sent me off with my ds! I made chilli fish cakes, had to go for a horrible poo after and that night my waters broke!

Have a bit of chilli. That's what sent me off with my ds! I made chilli fish cakes, had to go for a horrible poo after and that night my waters broke!

On that note I have just ordered a madras curry. I'll keep you posted!

Yes please do keep us posted!

I have my last day at work today. Feeling a bit achey/crsmpy like he's going to come early. Not ready yet as have so much to do first. Do you have insomnia? I woke at half 4 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Felt uncomfortable and hungry! It's going to be a long day ...

Yes please do keep us posted!

I have my last day at work today. Feeling a bit achey/crsmpy like he's going to come early. Not ready yet as have so much to do first. Do you have insomnia? I woke at half 4 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Felt uncomfortable and hungry! It's going to be a long day ...

Yes. I think the baby kicking basically wakes me up and then I can't go back to sleep. Then I end up napping during the day and if that happens too late then I can't get to sleep at night - it's a real pain. I hope you manage to get everything done. I'm feeling mostly prepared now so anytime would be good.....

Well another friend had a baby girl this morning. So out of 4 friends who are pregnant at the same time as me 3 of them are having or had girls :( life feels really unfair sometimes. I hate the pang of jealousy I feel. I'm going to be surrounded by baby girls everywhere as the friend who's having the boy is the only one who isn't local :(

Glad you are feeling prepared for the baby Scarlett. It's just a waiting game now isn't it.

Well another friend had a baby girl this morning. So out of 4 friends who are pregnant at the same time as me 3 of them are having or had girls :( life feels really unfair sometimes. I hate the pang of jealousy I feel. I'm going to be surrounded by baby girls everywhere as the friend who's having the boy is the only one who isn't local :(

Glad you are feeling prepared for the baby Scarlett. It's just a waiting game now isn't it.

Life sucks sometimes! I'm sorry you'll have so many baby girls around you. My guess though is that at some point you'll be grateful for the gorgeous boy you have and the lack of girl issues. No consolation at the moment though...

Any signs of news of baby Scarlett?

No - still here! I am getting very fed up of being heavily pregnant now. Also I ended up having to see the consultant on Friday because the baby is apparently huge. Which has had two consequences 1. I am now scared of birthing a 10lb baby :haha: and desperately want to go into labour naturally, but they want me to b induced next Saturday if the baby hasn't turned up. 2. The fact that it's huge makes me think it's another boy. Generally feelin a bit low at the moment, which is ironic because of course the anxiety is probably preventing me from going into labour!

Oh no sorry to read this! Thought we'd have some baby news by now. Never mind at least you know baby will be here in a week or so but really hope you can avoid induction. Have you started doing things to try and induce labour? Maybe you are right and anxiety is stopping labour as they say you tend to go into labour when you feel relaxed and secure. I know lots of ladies who have had big girl babies so you just never know based on weight alone. How big were your boys? If this babies different to them it could be a good sign for a girl.

Did you have a nub on your scan pictures or did you try not to analyse them?

I am going off the idea of trying again. Feel exhausted all the time and really not enjoying this pregnancy. I sometimes wonder if I'd feel differently if I knew I was carrying a girl. Makes me feel guilty but I think I would enjoy it more. I just can't seem to get excited by it. I hope I bond and feel happy when he's here. Makes me feel so guilty.

Oh no sorry to read this! Thought we'd have some baby news by now. Never mind at least you know baby will be here in a week or so but really hope you can avoid induction. Have you started doing things to try and induce labour? Maybe you are right and anxiety is stopping labour as they say you tend to go into labour when you feel relaxed and secure. I know lots of ladies who have had big girl babies so you just never know based on weight alone. How big were your boys? If this babies different to them it could be a good sign for a girl.

Did you have a nub on your scan pictures or did you try not to analyse them?

I am going off the idea of trying again. Feel exhausted all the time and really not enjoying this pregnancy. I sometimes wonder if I'd feel differently if I knew I was carrying a girl. Makes me feel guilty but I think I would enjoy it more. I just can't seem to get excited by it. I hope I bond and feel happy when he's here. Makes me feel so guilty.

Yep ! Tried pineapple (so much!), sex, walking, and using the birthing ball. I am still going to keep on trying though. Consultant tried to do a sweep on Friday but couldn't as cervix was too high. Keep your fingers crossed! My two boys were both quite big with number one (4 days late) 9lb 3 and number two (4 days early) 8lb 8. Although they think this one is bigger! My scan pics didn't seem to have a very clear nub but I'll try to find my post and bump it!

Edit: bumped nub pics/post is in gender prediction.

Baby Arthur arrived yesterday weighing a huge 10lb 6.5oz. He is very cute and huge! I feel so great about him being a boy - a slight pang when getting all the blue clothes to wash again, but in labouring just wanted to get him out safely and realised I didn't care anymore what gender he was! Not finding out was definitely the right decision for me. Xx

Oh Scarlett I'm so happy for you! What a big boy! You've done so well to carry him all this time. Hope you and hubby are both ok after the birth. Did you have any problems or was it all straight forward?

Lovely name! Arthur is in our top 3 names and my other halfs favourite so we're just waiting to see if he suits it. Glad you feel ok. I think when their health is at stake it puts gender preference into perspective. Enjoy this beautiful new baby and thanks for updating :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->