Feeling overwhelmed

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Good evening everyone! I'm just looking for ladies with similar feelings or who have had similar feelings. So baby number 4 is on board. dH is over the moon and me?? I'm nervous. I worry a lot and I'm apprehensive of this all. I wanted baby number 4 but not until my youngest was at least 2, and even then I would've been ok with just 3. But now, we have 4. I'm nervous and worried about what my family will say. I'm worried I won't have enough to give. I'm worried the youngest will get jealous and rightfully so. I'm just getting to know her and still falling into routine with her and the idea that we have to rewind and do it again with her and a newborn scares me. I feel ashamed. Ashamed that I feel so apprehensive, ashamed that I'm not quite excited yet (sometimes I am). I just feel so overwhelmed and don't know what to do to alleviate some of that. I'm not quite over my last birth, which was awesome, but still not over it. I talked to my husband who listens and hugs me and tells me everything is going to be ok- and I know it will- but still,

Can I just have some encouragement??

I can't really give you the mum perspective but I can give you a child's perspective of having more than a 'usual' amount of siblings, lol. I am the eldest of 5, the youngest 3 being triplets. From my own perspective, having that many siblings has mostly been pretty good. Sure, we fought and got jealous of each other, but in the end we all love and would do anything for each other. We also had awesome games and there was always someone who would play with you if one of the others was mad at you, lol. I really like it as an adult as I feel like we have a ready made support group for events in life, good and bad.

My mum has survived with her sanity in tact, even after triplets, losing my father (us kids were 13, 10 and 8) and then taking on my step-dad and his 5 children too. I have no idea how she did it. She wasn't perfect but I always knew she loved us all equally and made an effort to get one on one time with all of us.

It is normal to be nervous and apprehensive and worried. Especially when you're going back to the newborn phase after just getting out of it with your youngest. Your husband sounds lovely.

I don't know if any of my ramblings helps, but just give it some time and just feel what you feel, no right or wrong at all :thumbup:

Everything will be fine, the children will be fine, you will be fine xxx I am in the same position as you, this is baby 5 (number 4 with us) i am also a bit frightened, guilty and a tiny bit stresses, still doesn't feel real, but i am happy none the less.... xxx we will be fine xxx

Thank you ladies. I'm feeling better this morning. I trust in Gods plan! He will never give me more than I can handle. This little beanie is so lucky to have the family they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->