Feeling really deflated

Lol78

Reaction score
:growlmad:I was so excited today, after a lot of research and getting the best deals, our nappies have started arriving. They are great and I'm really happy with them.

BUT dh has just got in and hasn't got one good thing to say about them.

They're either "massive and willl swamp the baby and make it look stupid" (Tots bots fluffles), "too complicated" (itti bitti snap in) or "won't hold anything" (Bambino mio - must say, I'm not sure if these actually will work looking at them - anyone with any experience?) and overall he "knows me and knows I will give up and not be bothered".

I'm feeling so fed up now - I haven't told many people we plan to use cloth nappies because I knew people would say these sorts of things but I didn't expect it from dh - he supported the idea up until now. :cry:

Just wanted to vent!

:hugs: He'll change his tune when LO is here and he sees how cute they look! They might well be pretty big at first but LO will grow into them. Itti Bittis are dead simple to use, not complicated at all. At the end of the day, it seems to mainly be the women who sort out the nappies anyway, the most my DH is put them on every now and then so he doesn't get to moan about the work involved! :haha:

awww hun dont worry he will grow to love them - my OH even admitted he likes the flips best (my que to buy some more lol) these are like bambino mio and my BG Flips are by far my best nappies :D

Also recently Izzie has had really runny poops and ended up with nappy rash so we have been using disposables - well first nappy I put on - it all ended up her back, where as in a reusable they cling around the back so keep it contained! defo a reusable advantage!!!

:hugs: dont worry, he will come around to the idea again, especially when he sees how easy it is. im starting Lo in cloth tomorrow and dh supports me, ive said i will set the nappies up and shoe him what to do.
people i talk to think im mad cause i get excited over putting Lo in cloth :wacko:

:hugs: dh wasn't too sure at first either but now he LOVES them and can't resist showing them off to people :) You just show him! x

Mine wasnt keen either- he's a blokey bloke and didnt want to faff around with '"fluffy poppers n' shit" :rofl:

but he's a total convert now, shows off the stash to people who come round and proudly tells people 'we dont use disposables'!!

give him time to see how nice cloth is when baby gets here and you wont hear him complain...:winkwink:

Oooh and explain the killer selling point about no stinking bins full of nappies! That's what won dh :thumbup:

Husband loved the idea, then hated it once she arrived, but now he is a SAHD and we use cloth all day (just one dispo at night)! We use the Flips which really are the slimmest nappy I've found, you can't even tell it's not a disposable when she's got one under her clothes.

Husband also came out with the 'huge and look stupid' argument - but I have pics of me in cloth as a kid and I look very cute with my big bubble bum!!!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I'm sure he will come round to it once he sees that it's not that difficult and that they look fine. He's not totally dismissed it so that's a good thing. Just can't wait now to try them out!!

My OH wasnt keen, but he had no choice in the matter...it was something I put my foot down about! He got used to them quickly though and he is always the one who fishes the cloth out the changing bag to show off when we are out. He tells EVERYONE we use cloth. He changes nappies fine though I dont let him wash them as he doesnt stick aplix to keepers properly and forgets to take inserts out :rofl:

He changes nappies fine though I dont let him wash them as he doesnt stick aplix to keepers properly and forgets to take inserts out :rofl:

Same here! Maybe it's a man thing! I also now have to keep night nappies in a separate drawer as he's constantly drawn to putting them on her during the day :dohh:

Men! What do they know, really?! It's a bit different to nappies but OH won't let me put a fabric headband on LO (to keep her hair out of her eyes, it's not just for prettiness) because he says it makes her look like a tennis player. Any hairclip I put in her hair magically disappears. If I put a bib on her when she's dribbly, it gets taken off as soon as he's alone with her for a second as apparently bibs "look stupid". I suppose it is kind of similar to the nappy thing really - it's just that men have no idea about the practicalities of things! I've taken to ignoring him :D

I had a little prctice with my nappies last night. DH has been a bit dubious from the start, so his first task when getting in from work yesterday was to change DS nappy for another cloth. Seriously this is the man who in 18months has never got a disposable on right first try, first try yesterday it was on a treat and the only thing he needed my help with was how to put the liner in properly. He'll come round once LO is here and he sees how easy they are and how cute they look

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->