feeling really lost!

celestek89

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I guess I don't know really where to start.

Hubby and I are wanting to try for number 2. DD came along very unexpectedly, I was told I wasn't able to have children. She was a total miracle and a blessing. We've got high hopes that number 2 will happen, however, it may take some time. When I feel pregnant with DD we hadn't been careful for years (around 4) so thinking of it that way, that was how long it took to conceive her. I want to be able to give us the best possible chance at this. I live a very healthy life style, I exercise everyday and don't eat bad food and so does DH. I've come back to this site as it was a god send when I was pregnant and I learnt so much, I've never had a female figure to ask questions to and had never been around children before (I'm an only child with no cousins)

To cut a long story short, I have no idea what to do or expect with ttc. I've read a lot on here so far about charting this and that and taking temps, but I don't know what it all means?! Why do you have to take your temps, or cm? What are all these tests ladies are taking? Gosh I feel like a child writing this, like I should know. Any help would be so much appreciated!

To cut a long story short, I have no idea what to do or expect with ttc. I've read a lot on here so far about charting this and that and taking temps, but I don't know what it all means?! Why do you have to take your temps, or cm? What are all these tests ladies are taking? Gosh I feel like a child writing this, like I should know. Any help would be so much appreciated!

Hello!!
First of all. Are you or have you been on any kind of birth control pill (BCP)?

Charting - This is because there is a small but subtle shift in your Basal Body Temperature (BBT) after you have ovulated. Keeping track of this is the best way to tell if you have ovluated in your cycle or not. Before you ovulate, your temp will drop slightly and then take a sharp rise. Once this rise has taken place, you have ovulated. Your temps stay high until AF is due, when they drop back to the temps you were getting before ovulation (O). If you're pregant, your temps will remain high after AF is due (aunt flowL period). You can use OPK’s (ovulation predictor kits) as well. This is where you dip a strip in your urine. If you get two lines as dark as each other, then you are due to ovulate. If you get one dark line and one lighter line, then you have not yet ovulated. These tests can show that your body is trying to ovulate, but temping is the only way to know for sure.

CM (cervical mucus) is different at every stage of your cycle. Fertile CM, which you get around the time of ovulation is clear and stretchy and is described as being like eggwhites. Not all women get this CM though. Again, temping is the best way to know that you've ovulated.

There are other things you can use that involve sperm friendly lubs, softcups etc, to aid in getting preganant but you're best finding out what your cycles are like first, when you ovulate and what symptoms of ovulation are like for you.

Did you every get any information on what fertility issues you may have?

I hope all this is helpful. If you have any questions, just let me know.

xx

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply xox

I had pelvic inflammatory disease, with scarring so deep they told me implantation would be impossible. I was told after actually having one successful pregnancy, the next one should be ok. My family have a history of fertility issues, hence why its so small.

That really has helped, thank you so much! This may be something I look into with more depth if things take a while. I just don't want to take the fun out of it just yet lol I think hubby is enjoying the extra attention. Have you used an app for this before? I found one last night that records your temps etc and tells you what date you should O, do you think this would be any good?

Once again thank you for replying :kiss:

No problem. I use the fertility friend app and find it great. I've been trying for 3 years now so we're looking at things to add in to help us. You're doing right not to get too in detail about TTC. Enjoy the extra time together. Find out what your cycles are and just relax. If you need any more help, just PM me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->