Feeling really unwell (opinions please)

Sarah1508

Proud Mummy of two ღ
Reaction score
Right so I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible :dohh: but I've got a habit of writing paragraphs on this thing! So bare with me :haha:

So for the past two months I've had severe morning sickness ( all day everyday I'm sick so many times I've lost count and I can barley keep even water down for 10 minutes never mind any food!) I still am trying on a daily basis to eat and drink as much as possible but it almost always comes back up about 15 minutes later , anyways that had been going on for about a month before I went to my doctor and he gave me some anti sickness medication , which worked for about 3 days then seemed to just stop working? It's now been two months and I just feel absoultley drained and last Sunday (not the Sunday just passed but the one before that) in the evening I was chopping a salad to eat and my vision started to go (like black patches ) and I got extremely hot and shivery all of a sudden with a banging headache and felt like I was about to collapse and vomit, I managed to swing round to the kitchen sink and grab onto the taps (by this point my vision had just gone and my legs turned to jelly but managed to keep myself up by holding the sink when I just started projectile vomiting (sorry tmi!) anyways the doctor was called that night and he checked baby's heartbeat and he wasn't worried at all about baby (thank god) but he said that I was just really run down and dehydrated and also had a urine infection so he gave me meds for that and also gave me and injection to stop me being sick for the night and actually get some sleep! But other then that he said there wasn't much more he could do other then tell me to rest as much as possible and keep my fluids up! And hopefully this phase of the pregnancy will pass soon.

Fast forward to over a week later and the sickness hasn't really got any better tbh and I've started getting really bad headaches everyday , and really sensitive to light and my tummy like upper tummy is just killing me, especially before after and during being sick :/ I also haven't been able to keep down any of the medication I got for the urine infection and I still feel like I have it tbh even though I'm finished the course now. And last night was just unbearable about 10 at night I just got all feverish all of a sudden and my headache got much worse and an earache in both ears started too , I was up and down for most of the night with a fever and bad upper tummy pain it actually drove me to tears and this morning I've woken up to (random as hell) but like a swollen feeling tongue and throat...? I just don't know what's going on with me and it's getting really hard to deal with especially with a two year old to look after! I feel like I'm going to collapse so many times during one day and just feel as weak as a kitten:/ but idk if there is any use on going back to my doctor because what more can he do? :cry: anyone else had a similar experience?

P.s sorry for the novel! :haha:

Oh no :( that sounds horrendous. You poor thing. I really think you should go back to the doctor. Even if you think there's nothing else they can do, you just never know - there might be. You definitely can't go on like it. It sounds like you are ridiculously run down. I feel really silly now as I know you commented on my post about being tired with a toddler. What you're having to cope with sounds so much harder than me so fair play to you for soldiering on! I definitely think you need to see the doc again though.

Really really hope you feel better soon x

The dehydration could play a large role in the headache. I would go back the doctor maybe ask about being hooked up to a drop to replenish fluids. Other than that I'm not sure what else they could do :(

U poor thing. Sounds like you could do with an IV drip for severe dehydration. Maybe go back to doctor again?

i had the blackout once in 1st tri and then again this morning which each time was before i ate anything because i was trying to cook my food and then ended up having to run to the bedroom before i collapsed on the cold floor (i was more dizzy than anything though throughout my pregnancy). i have been drinking more water but it caused me to lose nearly 7 pounds in less than a week which worried me badly because i really hoped to gain weight but its hard to and has been all my life. baby is fine and was punching on the 4d ultrasound but i am scared for her that im not gaining weight yet (but losing it without being sick) and im almost 15 weeks. i was sick about every other day in 1st tri but it wasnt bad enough that i threw up. my main problem was the dizziness and keeping food in me because if i didnt, id get reaaallly ill. my morning sickness didnt go away until 12.5 weeks. i hope yours goes away ALOT sooner.

It sounds to me like the blindness and bad headaches is a headache with an aura. Google it. I suffer with them there very frightening and can increase in pregnancy I'm afraid. As for the sickness take comfort in knowing it will pass but I think a trip to your gp is needed. Big hugs xxx

Thanks everyone for the replies :hugs: I went and phoned my midwife yesterday as when I phoned my gp surgery they where fully booked and I'm too much of a wimp to say I needed to see him :dohh: anyhow my midwife wasn't very happy about my symptoms (Again not worried about baby , phew! But more about me and my health as I've now lost well over a stone in just under two months :S also the fact that my anti depressants which I need to function on a daily basis haven't been staying down and I'm really starting to struggle in that sense too :cry: ) she ended up phoning my surgery for me and getting me an appointment in the afternoon.

Turns out I do still have a bad urine infection and because I'm spewing up almost all fluids I drink it's not helping flush it out , so I got more meds for that, as for the headaches , light headedness etc , due to dehydration because of the sickness and the tummy pain and sore throat and tongue is due to the amount of times I'm being sick I've got no fluids left so I'm just being sick stomach acid :S

The doctor also took my blood pressure which was fine exept my pulse rate was a bit high but that is normal for me as I'm a pretty anxious person :dohh: he also took another urine sample and a swab as well , but when he tried to get blood from me he was there for over half an hour (rubbing squeezing prodding my arm :dohh: ) I'm usually kinda hard to get blood from anyways but they always end up getting it but this time he didn't even get a teaspoon , he said the dehydration could have something to do with it so they would have to try again another day (doesn't help that I'm terrified of getting my bloody taken :dohh: he was lucky I didn't keel over! :haha: )

In the end all he said he could do was tell me to drink two pints of water an hour for the next three days then put it back down to a normal amount of water :haha: but just try that to get my fluids up and he gave me new anti sickness meds to hopefully keep everything down (fingers crossed!) and if I don't see a difference within this week to come back , but if it gets any worse before then to phone him asap.. But I really don't know what else they can do, oh he also said I could take painkillers for the headaches , I had stupidly been avoiding them because I thought I couldn't take them :dohh: and to take my folic acid and anti ds at night just before I sleep as I am less likely to be sick then compared to any other time if day.

I just pray that these anti sickness meds will work as the sickness seems to be the source of all these symptoms and why I'm so run down. Because I really don't know how much longer I can cope with all this especially being off my anti ds I just feel hopeless and really down and depressed tbh :cry: I haven't felt this way in such a long time but yet it's such a familiar feeling and place that I don't want to revisit for much longer! :cry:

You need an IV, I would go to the ER and get some.

There's no use in you being miserable, he should have done that.

You need an IV, I would go to the ER and get some.

There's no use in you being miserable, he should have done that.

That's basically what my mum said , that I should be in hospital on bed rest and hooked to fluids, but I really have no other option then to go with what the doctor said I think when he said if it doesn't go away or that's worse that's what they will have to do but it seems to be a last option for some reason. I would go to the hospital myself but where I stay (on an island) we only have one small hospital which is over an hour bus journey as I dint drive and no emergency room or anything ( it's basically like an old folks home tbh but don't even get me started on how poor the nhs resources are here or I'd be here all day :haha: ) I think that's why the doctor is reluctant as if I was to go down that route I would need to be sent away to Glasgow on an air ambulance to an actual hospital and that is a good few hours away :/ I di really think that that might have to be done though and I think it will be my midwife that's the one that pushes for it as the doctor as nice as he is seems to not be doing much tbh :shrug:

Thanks for your reply :hugs:

Your midwife can hook you up to an IV for fluids, really. I would call her and tell her exactly what the doctor did, then say you still feel really dehydrated and could use some fluids just to ease your mind.

Sounds very frustrating for you. I feel bad you are being pushed back and forth. When what you need is probably iv fluids. Nothing will get better with out. You need to keep the antibiotics down. To avoid sepsis. And with not input to output. Does not seem like a good scenario. I'd push for the Iv. Any place you can get it. Local old folks home or next town down. Good luck.

Go back! They have hyperemesis clinics they can refer you to. You need to be hooked up to an Iv. Go back and insist. I was told with my first pregnancy by a make doctor it was par for the course after I lost 14 pounds in 3.5 weeks. Luckily this time it's not so bad but I've been insistent that I have medication and I'm signed off work

Just phoned my midwife and told her about yesterday's appointment and she said she was actually waiting for the doctor to stop consulting for the morning so she could give him a ring about me and another girl so I'm just waiting on her phone call back now , fingers crossed she will do something more .

UGHH!!! At this point if I were you I would almost go to a medical supply store myself and get my own IV. This is just ridiculous.

Like others have said you need an IV. I'd be suprised if your doc didn;t have some saline in his office. I really hope your midwife pushes for it before you end up even worse.

I am so surprised he didn't put you on an IV. How does he expect you to keep all that water down that he prescribed you to drink?! Did your midwife phone you back?

Wow I'm not nearly as bad as you but I told my doctor I was throwing up 3-4 times a day (which is probably pretty normal but she said it was a lot) and said I could have IV fluids. I refused because I don't think im at that stage yet but said if I got worse and couldn't keep any fluids down I would go back. I thought I felt bad but you definitely have it a lot worse! Please insist on getting some fluids!

Glad to hear your midwife is on the ball! your doctor sounds like a moron!

Did your doctor check for ketones in your urine? Here they will only admit for iv fluids if your ketones are 3+. I don't think your doctor is a moron, he has made a management plan with you, treated your water infection and given you new anti sickness meds and told you to go back if it doesn't resolve. Sorry you're feeling so rough :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->