Feeling scared! :-(((

cuddles314

Proud Mummy to Bobby
Reaction score
Hi all,
Am starting to feel more and more anxious about the section on Thursday. :cry:
I know it's the best option for me and bubs, with regards to safety, but am still finding it hard to deal with.
Am terrified of the epidural, :hissy: as I have a serious phobia of needles. I've been dealing with it much better since I've been pregnant (prob due to having so many blood tests!) but over the past couple of weeks I've been finding it really difficult to control the anxiety. And when I say phobia, I don't just mean I don't like injections, I mean I'm really phobic, and get the shakes, sweats, palpitations etc. It's not even about pain, it's more a psychological fear, of actually having the needle inside me. Feel sick now just talking about it.
I'm also really worried about how I will cope with the section, and how my body will recover. I'm so worried that I will have complications, or will not heal properly, and am worried about my ability to care for my baby. I hate the thought of not being able to do things for myself, and having to rely on other people. I guess it's just fear of the unknown, but feeling crappy. This also makes me annoyed with myself, because I've managed to stay so positive for this whole pregnancy, but now I just feel so overwhelmed by everything. :cry:
If anybody has any advice about the whole section thing, particularly regarding the recovery, I would be really grateful to hear it.

Am off to the hospital again this morning so they can check my blood pressure, and monitor bubs heartbeat again.

Sorry for the moan ladies, but it has helped to write down how I'm feeling.
xx

Ah hun I don't have any advice as such nor experience but didn't wanna read and run. I just wanted to try reassure you in some way.

Would you rather be under a general - would that be easier for you then there is no epi???? Did you speak to the anethestist at your pre-op and tell them how you felt?? I have a section booked for a week after you and admit I feel similar - although I don't have a needle phobia. Try and talk to someone like your midwife before Thurs and she may be able to reassure you or have some ideas........xx

Aw hunny :hugs:
Be strong! ur baby needs u to be strong! it will be alright!! think positive!!! u will see ur baby!! aaahh i cant wait to see mine!!

If you really are that phobic then they should have done a psych evaluation and maybe sedate you or give you something to make you feel a bit sleepy until the epi is in?

I agree with Blah! Have you actually told the about how much this terrifies you???

I aint going for the epi, My mum only have gas and air and most peoeple I know some say the epi takes to long to recover from and I dont fancy that in my spine as I read a few bad things. you dont have to get it you know.

aww hun i know how u feel! i had a c section last time and will most probably need one again (although i am going to try natural if consultant says its ok) he has warned me about all the increased risks due to me being overweight and i am really worried. it took a long time to heal last time and v painful! but that has something to do with my big belly preventing my scar to heal and dry out properly :( i had infections and had to have my scar dressed each day, sorry dnt mean to scare u what i mean is i would go through it all again tomorrow if it meant i had a safe heathy baby at the end of it, yeah its not nice at all but like u say it safer for u and baby hun, good luck i'm sure u will be fine and u get to meet your precious baby xx

im sure there are other options hun if u dont wanna have an epidural, i agree, talk to ur midwife, she will be better able to help u

good luck babe, i cant believe ur gna see ur baby so soon!!!

xxx

I aint going for the epi, My mum only have gas and air and most peoeple I know some say the epi takes to long to recover from and I dont fancy that in my spine as I read a few bad things. you dont have to get it you know.

you cant have gas and air for a c-section if thats what u mean? that would be verrryy painful, the only other option is to be put to sleep.

Oh dear :( I haven't got any words of wisdom for you, but I'm sure you will be ok. Just think of the end goal. You'll have a lovely little one to love. :hug: :hug:

Oh babes - you really are going through it aren't you. Try contacting the hospital - the anaesthetic team should have a pre-assesment clinic, in which you should be able to talk through your anxieties with an anaesthetist. This may help somewhat.
Hope you feel a bit more settled soon.
And good luck for Thursday - you're gonna be holding your LO sooooo soon!!!!:happydance:

big hugs claire. Can you speak to them about your phobia? Being under general anasthetic might be better? I am sure there must be options you can discuss with them hun, don't sit there and let it all get too much for you. You and baba are going to be absolutely fine, it'll be over so quickly!! Please phone them!!! Sending you much love x

Oh Claire bless you, please speak to them today about your phobia and see if you can be sedated before the Epi goes in or have a general if possible. Big hugs hun xxx

Sorry you're feeling so worried. :hugs: Maybe a general would be better? Though I can see why you'd want to be awake to meet your LO asap. But it will be all over soon and you will have your LO and the section will be a distant memory. Just keep focusing on the prize at the end!

I know how you are feeling hun xxx
I have a very big needle phobia,I hyperventilate and have to lie down for routine bloods etc as last timethey tried with me sitting up I passed out.
I now have to inject myself daily twice with anti-clotting drugs,bleh.

I had a section with first DS and the epi was what I was dreading,though the team looking after me were brilliant especially the person giving me the epi,he stayed by me and talked me thorugh everything.

I handle it WAY better than I thought,my mind was running away with itself before and I was so scared.
But it seemed a blur between that and then them pulling DS out and that was all I could focus on,nothing else.

Big hugs and you can ring hospital and tell them,I did, and they were so so good with me.
Best of luck!!!

:hug: for you, and agree with the ladies that say you should speak to the hospital about your phobia and opt for a general anaesthetic..

I can really relate to how you are feeling ... I am having a c-section next week and although I don't have such an intense fear of needles, I am really finding it difficult to come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to feel half my body! And I --really-- don't like the idea of a having a needle stuck in my spine. I'm worried about recovery and haemorraging as well :cry:

It all happened so quickly as well, one day baby was (according to m/wife) head down (she was wrong) and 2 days later I had a late growth scan and found out baby is breech and few days later I underwent an ECV which failed and suddenly I went from 'probably having the baby late as its my first' to 'your c-section is booked for next week'!!

But stay strong, it'll all be ok and you get to meet your baby soon :happydance: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->