Feeling worried and guilty...

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I am 12 weeks today and so happy we've made n it here...but this pregnancy has honestly been terrible... I've had all day morning sickness (debilitating nausea, no vomiting) complete exhaustion, insane hormones..and the worst of all has been the migraines, TMJ, and what I found out was an two very painfully infected teeth...nights on end I was screaming and crying and writhing in pain and tylenol did nothing! I started to worry that I was going to lose my baby because the pain was so awful and it just wouldn't stop... I tried everything, ice, heat, showers, extra vitamins, I did everything the midwives suggested and nothing made any difference..

They finally suggested ibuprofen though it's a class C or Vicodin, also a class C... I did everything I could not to take them but I literally have been in some of the worst pain of my life and I couldn't take it anymore. I've taken both and ive had to take them alternating and somewhat regularly all this last week..

I got two root canals done 2 days ago and yesterday had a tooth extracted.. tons of lidocaine (class B) and still dying in pain... I have had to keep taking them along with class B antibiotics..

I am feeling incredibly guilty, though I know I couldn't deal with the pain anymore, I couldn't do it at all, it has been like constant labor pains in my jaw and ear and it wakes me up every night and I have to wake my fiance up and he does acupressure just so I can avoid screaming while the medication kicks in..

When I was pregnant with my son I didn't even take one tylenol and now all of this and I'm still in my first trimester... im so afraid I have hurt our baby but I know I couldn't have done anything differently...im just afraid that if anything goes wrong I will forget how bad the pain has been and blame myself... im afraid of birth defects I could have caused that ultrasounds can't see.. im afraid at my next scan on the 22nd that...there will be no more growing baby...

I try to remind myself that when my birth mom was pregnant with me she was 16 and in denial, got no medical care, and did tons of meth, drank, smoked, other drugs, was in a tear gas raid, and I am relatively fine.. I say relatively because I do have mild Tourette's that I believe is from nerve damage in utero..but overall I am a healthy person and that was all so much worse... She did all of that in my pregnancy, drank and smoked during my sister's, then got clean and tried for a baby and had my brother who had a cleft lip and pallet and aspergers.. so I guess you never really know, right? We just do our best...right?

Oh honey :hugs: Pregnancy can be stressful and uncomfortable and worrisome, but try not to beat yourself up! You are doing the best you can. We all hope to have easy pregnancies, not to have any pain or use any medication...but sometimes it happens! And that's okay. I'm sure your baby is doing just great. :)

Try not to stress about the pain relief, If you need it and the doctor prescribed it or told you it was ok then it won't do any harm. With my last baby I hurt my ankle and ended up on cocodamol - 30mg of codeine and 500mg of paracetamol. I also had 2 different anti-depressants to help me sleep etc and my baby was fine, normal weight and delivery and no health problems. I know it's hard not to worry, but the amount of 'bad' stuff that passes through to the baby is minimal. If toothache is a major problem try asking about cloves, you can use them diluted for babies who are teething so I would imagine they would be safe during pregnancy, but I would ask first just in case

Thank you both so much, that really makes me feel a lot better...it's always great to hear positive outcomes and it makes me feel so much better... I told a woman at work and she said "oh no! I think I'd rather deal with the pain!" and I kind of felt like a failure, though I know how horrible the pain was and that I did everything I possibly could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->