feelings after mc

sweetcheeks

Reaction score
1st post so be gentle :)

I have a toddler and I recently had a MC at about 6 weeks. I am feeling exhausted and still have the metallic taste in my mouth 2 weeks after the MC. Does this sound normal?

I would go to your DR and get a Beta Hcg done, and make sure that you are not still PG (either with a twin or ectopic). Sorry hon. :hug:

I agree with jasmak, the hormones should have been out of your system by now. have you received another ultrasound? they should offer you one to rule out twins ect. :hugs:

Sorry for your loss :hug:

It can take a few weeks for the pregnancy hormones to leave your body with me my pregnancy symptoms lasted until the hormones reached almost zero.

On the other hand is it likely you are pregnant again? Give it a few more days, if it doesn't clear up do a preg test again, this happend to me recently I thought I miscarried at 6 weeks and had a BFN, then 2 weeks later got a strong :bfp: doctors didn't know if it was the first pregnancy in my tube or a new pregnancy which I again miscarried. So keep an eye on it, but i did have symptoms for a few weeks after I miscarried the last time.

Thanks for the replies!

It's all a bit strange. I got a +ve result at 5 weeks and then at 6 weeks i started to bleed and did another test which was -ve. A few days later i did another test which came up +ve so I went to the doctor. She did her own test which came back unequivical and i had to repeat it and it came back -ve. I also did my own which came up -ve. The bleeding stopped after about a week but it always stopped during the night which i found strange. The doctor didn't send me for a scan. I am assuming that's because the test came up -ve. She only did a urine test, not bloods.

hi i just had a m/c at 6weeks, i would advice that u go for a scan as well to rule out the possibility of twins or ectopic pg. wish u the best hun.

I would at least test again one more time at home to see. If it's positive....something is going on.

Thanks Jasmak.

I was thinking that myself. I will do one soon and let you all know how it goes!

Sorry for your loss :hug:

When I MC I was sent for a scan just to make sure that the miscarriage was complete.

I thought it was strange that they didn't send me for one. Maybe i should go back and see.

You definetly should do a test even if it comes back negative you should see your doctor if you have symptoms. I can't believe your doctor didn't request a scan after your miscarraige regardless of how far gone you were, as there is a threat of infection if everything didn't pass.

Given what I recently went through and from what you described there are alot of similarities it is possible you could be pregnant, and you need to get it checked out. Let us know how you get on.

I did another test at the weekend but it was still neg. The doctor did a test for infection with the last pg test and it came back clear.

Not sure what to do now :-(

Well, I would wait for a normal AF, because that, in my mind, just solidifies that I am no longer PG, and also that my body has returned to normal. :hug:

Thanks for all the support everyone. I have started getting some little waves of nausea now too. I just wish either AF would start or a test would show +ve so that I know what on earth is going on!!!!!!

Im sory, i dont really have any advice i just wanted to give you :hug: and say i hope you get to the bottom of this asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->