Fell off bed :/ mostly a vent

Cupcake2016

Reaction score
Ugh I feel so stupid. One of our cats kept me up all night scratching at this chain link door lock that she can reach from standing on the dressser in our bedroom. I was so exhausted all night and as I was getting up to go get her off the dresser yet again, I rolled/fell out of bed. I was sort of half asleep, but able to lighten the fall a bit. I mostly landed on my bum and back, and sprained my wrist a bit. I'm 23 weeks and have an anterior placenta, so I'm a little worried about a blow to the back.

When I got up I immediately felt him kicking and moving around, but I don't feel him at this moment (an hour later). No cramps or bleeding right now, but I can definitely feel that I fell - I broke my tailbone a few years ago and still have pain there, and this is sort of the same spot. I also have a bit of 'lightning crotch,' which I get occasionally. I'll call the dr when they open in a few hours. I'm just venting, wondering if anyone has had a fall like this during pregnancy. I feel soooo guilty that I may have hurt the baby. I think the cats will be banished from the bedroom now.

Well I got jumped by 2 females so I had a full fight while 25-26 weeks pregnant and just delivered a healthy baby girl sun

Well I got jumped by 2 females so I had a full fight while 25-26 weeks pregnant and just delivered a healthy baby girl sun

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened to you! Glad to hear your baby was unharmed.

Baby is surrounded by water. The damage is to you not baby and you probably woke the baby but it sounds like baby & you were in it together with a rude awakening. Is your cat caged at night?

Anterior placenta isn't towards the back anyway, a blow to the back would cause no damage what so ever unless ofcourse very serious or from a height
..so don't worry, I'm sure all is fine.

Baby is surrounded by water. The damage is to you not baby and you probably woke the baby but it sounds like baby & you were in it together with a rude awakening. Is your cat caged at night?

Thanks! I was worried about a potential placental abruption, though the fall would probably have to be harder, and I imagine I'd have symptoms.

The cat isn't caged, but the new plan is to keep her out of the bedroom at night; I haven't been able to get a good nights sleep in months!

Anterior placenta isn't towards the back anyway, a blow to the back would cause no damage what so ever unless ofcourse very serious or from a height
..so don't worry, I'm sure all is fine.

Thank you! I was thinking that because my placenta is in the front, the baby would have less cushioning during a fall on my back (I know the amniotic fluid provides most of the cushioning, but I figured maybe the placenta could also soften the blow). I think you're right that it just wasn't that hard of a hit.

I've had a few hard bumps this pregnancy but all looking ok still. Can't hurt to check but sure it's fine. My midwife said you'd know about placental abruption. There would be bleeding and pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->