Felt a ripping/tearing when I leaned over!

Skywalker

Reaction score
Last night, I was laying on my back in bed and started to use my stomach muscles to sit up while twisting my upper body at the same time so that I could grab something off the floor beside the bed. Before I could sit all the way up, when I was about halfway up, I felt this painful and sudden tearing/ripping feeling, as though I'd seriously torn a muscle. It was very sharp and had me lay right back down motionless for about a minute until it subsided. I felt no more pain after that and I have a scan later today so I'm hoping they'll be able to tell me if I did any real damage. Has anyone ever done this!?

Hope you're ok. Sure it was just a muscle as they say pregnancy relaxes them so its more susceptible to pulling etc. good luck with scan- its night time here so ill check when I wake up for your post on how its gone xx

Havent experienced that. But it does sound like round ligament pain.. Painful!! Hope all is great at your scan. Keep us posted!

Thanks ladies! It was right in the middle of my abdomen but when vertically up and down, more on the right side than the middle actually. It was a bit too high to be my actual uterus. I didn't spot or anything thank god! I'll see at the scan if they think I did any damage and let you ladies know!

Round ligament pain, for sure! I got it with DD when coughing, sneezing, rolling over - been happening with this once since just after the bfp - how much does it hurt if you're not expecting it!?

Round ligament pain, for sure! I got it with DD when coughing, sneezing, rolling over - been happening with this once since just after the bfp - how much does it hurt if you're not expecting it!?

Right!? I had been having a bit of an issue with it before so I knew I had to roll over slightly but that just caught me so off guard! Wow! So THAT'S round ligament pain - fun! ;)

Sounds like round ligament to me, they are horrid lol!

Right!? I had been having a bit of an issue with it before so I knew I had to roll over slightly but that just caught me so off guard! Wow! So THAT'S round ligament pain - fun! ;)

I remember when I was bigger I got them really bad with DD that I had to do, like a 3 point turn driving - except a 3 point rollover because it would just hurt too much! sit up, shuffle to side, lay down - bit of a pain! :p

I remember when I was bigger I got them really bad with DD that I had to do, like a 3 point turn driving - except a 3 point rollover because it would just hurt too much! sit up, shuffle to side, lay down - bit of a pain! :p

Lol! That's a good thing to keep in mind, I might try your 3 point rollover! I don't want to feel that pain again! I also can't wait for my snoogle pillow I ordered. I know I'm really early but I swore even since two weeks ago that when I'd lay in certain positions or move around it would feel like uncomfortable stretching, and that uncomfortable stretching has now progressed to full on pain if I move in the wrong way, so that pillow is going to be a godsend whenever it gets here! I think it may be coming from really far away... I ordered it a week ago and it's still not here >.< Do you have a snoogle pillow? If not, look them up, they're amazing! My friend who is 24+ish weeks told me about it and said it saved her sleep during pregnancy. :sleep:

Sounds like round ligament to me, they are horrid lol!

Totally! Ugh! I'm so used to being able to stretch and move all over and I have to break the habit now! Do you have round ligament pains right now too?

I sneezed in bed the other morning and the pain scared the crap out of me :haha: Now it makes sense

I hope you're feeling better know! I know this feeling ALL TOO well, as I'm already feeling it now in my third pregnancy, and my last 2 weren't long ago... haha. It looks like you've already gotten your answer - it's definitely round ligament pain. Try your darnedest not to stretch your abdomen any more than you need to because it gets worse before it gets better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->