Femara and needing encouragment

Brandy_R

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm not too sure how to start this, so I guess I will just get right to the case. My husband and I are ttc a baby. I have PCOS so this has been a little rough on our own. We finally gave in and went to a fertility center for help. Last month I was on Femara 5mg when I got my ultrasound on cd 13 my largest follice was 6 mm. I was instructed to just use opks and see how it goes. I got a + on cd 20 but nothing happened and I had to get Provara to start af. This month they upped my femara for 7.5. I went in today and get my u/s and my biggest was an 11mm. She said it wasn't that great and to do what we did last month. I disagreed and wanted to wait and see if they grew esp since I was around a week behind last month. Was that a good move? She acted like we were going to waste our money by getting another u/s on cd 17. But agreed we could because my husband and I want to give it a try to get the trigger shot if we are good Friday. I guess I'm trying to see if there's as much of a possibility for a good size follicle on Friday and a little encouragement. She said the trigger would be pointless if I get a positive opk because I would be o'ing. In my heart I don't feel this is not the case because I have an overy full of cysts that prove otherwise. I honestly feel in my heart that if I can get a good follicle and the trigger shot that we would have a fair chance this month. Sorry this is so long. I think I just kind of needed to vent also. Has anyone else ever had this or am I just thinking too positively? Would appreciate any insight of any kind.

Here is what I can tell you. The follie should be atlas 17mm and grows about 2mm per day. If you were able to get to 17mm by CD17 I don't think that would be a bad thing. Some ladies O much later than day 17.

Now what she was saying about the trigger. If they know that you are Oing, there is no point in triggering because it is the same thing. That's what happened to me this month so they told me not to trigger and told me to come in for my IUI instead. I was being monitored through blood work so they could validate that I was Oing.

Now in your case, I am not sure if there is an issue with your O and maybe you are getting +OPKS and not in fact Oing and that causes cysts. That part I am not familiar with.

Here is what I can tell you. The follie should be atlas 17mm and grows about 2mm per day. If you were able to get to 17mm by CD17 I don't think that would be a bad thing. Some ladies O much later than day 17.

Now what she was saying about the trigger. If they know that you are Oing, there is no point in triggering because it is the same thing. That's what happened to me this month so they told me not to trigger and told me to come in for my IUI instead. I was being monitored through blood work so they could validate that I was Oing.

Now in your case, I am not sure if there is an issue with your O and maybe you are getting +OPKS and not in fact Oing and that causes cysts. That part I am not familiar with.
Hi! Thank you so much for the advice! I went in Friday and I had one at 19mm and one at 16 1/2mm. She told me to wait until the next day and trigger. I did and felt great all that day just tired. Sunday and Monday were pretty painful! I got my smiley face on my opk on Sat morning also so I knew it was timed perfect. :happydance: Sun and Mon I had terrible pressure in my uterus or cervix (Not sure what one). Today is better with just a little cramping.

I just saw you're 8 weeks pregnant!!! Congrats!! That's so awesome!! How long did it take? What was you first signs? I love success stories :)

Yes, I am 8 weeks today!!! :happydance::happy dance:

It has been a very...very...long road so I know where you are coming from. We tried a year on our own and we have been going to a fertility clinic for over a year. I have had 4 IUIs. First was BFN, Second was singleton MMC, Third was Twins MMC, and this one and it's a singleton.

I have learned that aspirin is the trick to me carrying a baby and encourage others to try it if they are struggling. This is the longest I have been PG and things are looking good.

I remember my O this time and man it hurt. I never feel anything at O but for some reason I did this time.

If you have any questions about the process let me know.

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Thank you!! I am so happy that this is a sticky one :)

This is our second month with the fertility clinic. I don't know if I have ever ovulated. I think that might be why I'm so sore since. We were thinking of moving to injectables next cycle if this doesn't work but I think we decided to try one more round of Femara. That would be 3 rounds. It worked so good this month that we have to give it one more go. The only bad thing is it turns me into a phyco devil woman and I am usually soooo laid back. Evertyhing I read about cramps after O is a good sign, but that just seems way to good to be true so I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. I have never been pregnant so it already seems way too good to be true.

Thanks for listening and talking to me. I could talk forever about all this. I think my DH is so patient with how often I talk about it haha. He also thinks we made a baby this month so he doesn't worry lol

I would say that the only reason you would switch to injectables is to get more follies. If you are happy with the number that you have now then stick with this med. I was on climbed but only getting one follie and I wanted more to increase my chances. If I were able to get more follies on climbed I would have stuck with it because it's so much cheaper.

I would always recommend the aspirin. I can't get PG unless I have an IUI and I can't stay PG unless I take aspirin. I wish they could tell me why.

Best of luck to you and lets just cross our fingers that it works for you this month!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! Yeah we decided to try to femara for next cycle if this one doesn't work. I keep hearing a lot about IUI. We just did TI. Is IUI when the mobility is down or just whenever its not reaching its destination kind of thing? I thought about trying that if next cycle doesn't work just because I worry the "special juice" doesn't reach the destination. I don't know why but this is my first cycle that Ive had a chance so I just think that I guess haha. It usually has to be something. I know it's usually me but this cycle everything was perfect. I always worry about something. It was even hard to convince me that little trigger shot would make me ovulate haha but the opk said different so I trust that. I've never heard of climbed? What is that? Maybe I should go get some baby aspirin just in case. It makes the baby stick? I'm on 3dpo today. Is it too late to start it?

An IUI helps in many situations. When you do an IUI it puts the sperm passed the crevical opening and right into the cervix.

In my opinion my opening is locked and won't let the sperm in. lol This gets them passed.

One thing I did forget is progesterone. I got BFPs on all my IUIs except the one that I didn't take progesterone on.

You asked about "climbed" lol Thats a spelling error. I meant Clomid, thats a pill that I assume works like Femara.

I started aspirin after my O. Some people have a blood clotting issue and it doesn't get tested for till you have had 3 MC. It passes a blood clot to the baby and the baby dies. The aspirin (the 81mg one) thins your blood to prevent clots.

Apparently its not proven to work but I can tell you it worked for me. I lost 3 babies last year, all around 6 weeks. I started aspirin and I am now past 8 weeks. There is another lady I met here and its her first month on aspirin and she is a couple days ahead of me.

Personally I would try it. Now if it doesn't work I would stick with it. I tried it last month when I didn't have an IUI and I didn't get a BFP. I believe it will work if you have a baby there but won't help to get you pregnant.

Oh that's nice that it works that good! Cheap too so that's awesome! I guess it couldn't hurt to try. I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm. Today is 4dpo and let me tell you I don't think this 2ww can go any slower lol. This is my first one so that's probably why. I don't really have any symptoms and for some reason I think that I would because I'm so sensitive to everything during this cycle.

That's funny about the "climbed" haha I thight it might have been something different that I've never heard of haha.

So are you not finding out what your baby is until it's born? I don't want to find out when we are pregnant but DH does so I told him if we have twins we will find out. If it's a singlton than we don't and he said ok haha.

Every TWW my symptoms were different and I have seen many women in the first trimester group that still don't have symptoms. Unfortunately you can't go by symptoms.

You think the TWW is bad, just wait. The TWW is nothing compared to successfully making it through the first trimester without miscarrying. Some people have to wait till they are 12 weeks before even having a first ultrasound to confirm the baby is ok. I would take a TWW in a heartbeat. But I know exactly how hard it is when you are trying so hard to get PG.

We have both easily agreed that we will not find out the gender till the baby is born. We will do all those old wives tales to test to see if it's a boy or a girl though. When I first mentioned it to my husband he said "I thought we weren't going to find out", but then I explained the odds of being accurate and he is good with it.

Are you guys good with twins? With fertility treatments it's a much higher odds. My first was a singleton, the second was twins, and this third time it was going to be triplets but I ended up with one regular sac and embryo and 2 empty gestational sacs (the embryos didn't grow).

Are you planning to go with an OB or a midwife? I really really wanted a midwife...really really!!!! I just found out I am on a waiting list. I am the first on the list so I hope that someone changes their mind and goes to another clinic or with an OB.

Oh my triplets! I'm glad you have one that was sticky :) I would be ok with twins. hey run on both sides of my family also haha. But I only had 2 big follicles, so unless one splits, twins will be at the most we will have. Right now I will just be happy with one.

I did pick up some baby aspirin last night! I got the melt away grape kind haha. I also tested out my trigger today and got a BFN which I think is pretty good after 6dps. So now I know when I test next sat I'll know no matter what the result is that it wont be the trigger playing tricks on me.

Thanks for the reassurance about the symptoms. I really don't have any at the moment lol. The only weird thing that happened was last night I was watching tv and got this horrible cramp like on the right of my uterus or cervix. I mean I could feel it good and could have pinpointed exactly where the pain was at. I want to say it was cervix because it was right up in there (Sorry TMI) and it made pain shoot all the way down my leg and I had a Charlie horse in my toes even. I never have those. After a couple mins it went away but I could still feel the pain in my cervix for the next 30 mins or so after that. It was sooo weird. Probably means nothing but that's the only thing that has happened in the last 3 days or so

Just checking in to see how things are going?

I go for my 10 week u/s tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed. My last u/s was at 7 weeks and all seemed good. My symptoms have lessened so things are much more bearable. I just hope that all goes well tomorrow.

Hey!!! I've been wondering where you've been haha!! Glad everything is going good! That's awesome that you get an U/S soon!!!

I got my BFP Friday!!! I need to change my signature haha! I have been cramping like CRAZY! I hope everything is ok but everything I read says its normal unless spotting and I don't have that. It like a stabbing (mostly at night) for maybe like a minute and some burning kinda feeling in the morning. Did you ever have any of that?

Ya, it's been a crazy time. I had my MS and have been taking care of a 5 month old so it was tough. I am feeling good now and just get a slight ill feeling every once in a while. I went for the u/s today and everything looks great. lo has 2 arms and 2 legs hand was bouncing around like crazy!

YEAH.....you got your BFP!!!!! I am so happy for you. Now you can move to the first trimester group. Now it's the TWW, twelve week wait. Your goal is getting though the 12 weeks of the first trimester.

It's strange being in there in the first trimester group. I feel like I just got my BFP and people are starting to look for others who are same number of weeks i.e. 5. I'm like...wow I am passed that stage. I will be moving into second trimester in 2 weeks. Time will fly for you after a while.

I had all sorts of twitches aches and pains, that's everything moving around. Even spotting can be normal, you will hear lots of ladies worried about the spotting. You can get spotting if you were BDing the day before (ya, if you are still up for that) or just because. I did not get any spotting so I don't know what is normal there, maybe dark blood and not red blood.

I noticed that some people want to eat all the time and others don't want to eat, I didn't want to eat. Just try to eat lots of small meals slowly, it will help with the nausea if you get it. Some people don't get MS, I got it from about week 6 till 9.

I know I mentioned the coQ10 and the aspirin. My doctor said today I could take aspirin till 34 weeks then the OB will direct me from there. He referred me to someone to inquire about the coQ10 and how long to take it. If you are taking it let me know and I can update you on that one.

Did you get your Beta? When is your first u/s?

I am so happy for you. If you have any other questions let me know.

Aww thank you!!! I'm soooo happy and a little nervous. I was very worried about a MC but I am finally realizing to put it in gods hands. I really don't have a reason to think that I'm just an anxious person lol.

That's soooo good your US went good! That's so cute their hand was moving around!! I have an US at 6 weeks they said. I will be 5 weeks thurs so im hoping late next week (fingers crossed). I am soooo happy I get an US that early!! I think that will put my mind at ease when I see that everything is where it needs to be and all that.

I actually just got my blood drawn today to get my Hcg drawn. Is that the same thing as.a beta? I believe I go back 48 hrs later to get it checked again? She's supposed to call me and let me know tomorrow what it is today. I hope it's good! I have been doing tests everyother day or so to make sure the line is getting darker and it is slowly so that also puts my head to reat a bit.

My Dr told me to stop the CoQ-10 after a postive pregnancy test. Are you on it? I am only taking my prenatal, a calcium, an iron, vitamin D3 and my omegas.

I think we all worry about MC for the first trimester. DH and I are just starting to get comfortable with the fact that this one may work out for us and we are at 10 weeks. As long as you don't stress too much.

I'm not surprised you are getting an u/s that early, it tends to be that way when you have fertility treatments. I have had like 4 u/s since I got my BFP. I hope it puts your mind at ease. For me the first one was "oh it's just the sack, we can't see the baby yet" so I was still nervous. Then it was "we see the baby but the heartbeat is low so don't expect this to work" so I was still nervous. Then it was "now we have a good heartbeat, but you are not in the clear yet"....still nervous. Then the last one was "all is looking good" so we are not so nervous. So don't be surprised or worried if you don't see all that much.

Yes, HCG and beta are the same thing. Let's hope for doubles.

I was taking the coQ10 because one doctor said I could keep taking it. My doctor said he wasn't sure and told me to call this place to look into it. I called them and they said that they have no info either way so I stopped taking it. I am on my prenatal and I am taking aspirin all the way through. I believe not taking aspirin caused my MC so I refuse to stop that now. DH wants me to take chia seeds because they are high in omega but I have a hard time swallowing certain things so I have been avoiding it. He makes me 2 green smoothies a day and when it is too thick it makes be sick.

Awww that's so nice of your DH!! How sweet! I can't believe how there's always stress all the way to the end pretty much. I was always worried about the ttc part and now off to worrying about the baby lol.

I got my beta back from yesterday and it was 24. I've been reading about it but I think it's low and now I'm stressed about that. I got back tomorrow to see if it doubles. Let's pray. I don't have any spotting or anything and my cramps have kinda went away the last two days or so besides some twinges here and there. I also don't know if that's a good or bad sign.

Too much stuff :-/

I've read about ladies being so upset about having low HCG or non doubling HCG and being so upset, and it all works it's way out. Since you may have implanted late you may just be doing a very early HCG test. That test was before 5 weeks so ya..that's real early.

I am just starting to look through all the old wives tales to determine the sex of the baby. Are you planning to find out what you are having? We don't plan to find out from doctors, I just want to see what the old wives tales predict it to be. So far it's either a girl or boy! ha ha I am 2 for boy and 2 for girl.

I am going to post online to see if there is a list of all the tests somewhere because I have only found a couple of them online.

Thanks for encouragment. I got my second results back and it went from a 24 (Monday) to a 35 (Wednesday). They said its not good but it's not horrible. I go back tomorrow to do a 3rd one. It's sounds terrible to say but at this point I'm just ready for it to be over with. I asked her if I'm supposed to miscarry if I'll just start bleeding and she said yes. Honestly this whole pregnancy has been nothing but a nightmare with these hcg tests

That's funny about the boy or girl! Haha I guess those aren't very accurate. If this baby sticks I don't want to find out. I think it takes the surprise out of it. Are you having anyone but DH in the delivery room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->