Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

awe what a cutie!
Congrats want a baby! Fx for a sticky bean.

Congrats wantabby!

We found out via Verifi genetic testing that our baby is healthy chromosome wise and it's a boy! I have my anatomy scan on the 14th and I'm hoping everything will be normal and he's healthy.

I hope we have some more BFPs around here soon.

Hi! I was hoping to join your femara family!
A little about me: I was diagnosed with PCOS in july. Started metformin 500mg twice a day. DH was tested and his boys are good! I had my hsg procedure in the beginning of december. My left tube was blocked, but they got it open with the dye! I also had an endometrial biopsy. All was good with that! I took provera to induce a regular period, because I had been bleeding since may 2014. Awful. This is my first month on femara. 5mg. Took cycle days 3-7 and finally O'd on cycle day 15! Yay! Love to hear your success stories with femara! !

Welcome Lindsay. I hope this will be it for you!

I had been TTC since September 2010. I suspected I had PCOS for quite a while and was officially diagnosed in January 2014. Unfortunately, I was not ovulating at all. In January, I started Metformin and worked up to 1500mg daily. In April, I did my first round of Femara. I did 2.5mg on CD3-7 and ovulated on CD22 or 23. I got pregnant with twins but unfortunately had a vanishing twin and miscarried the other.

I had to take a break for a few months due to a blocked tube from fluid after my miscarriage. It ended up clearing itself up and I did my next round of Femara in August. Again, I did 2.5mg on CD3-7. I didn't think I'd get lucky enough to get pregnant again so quickly like the first time but I did. I'm now 19 weeks with a baby boy and everything has been going great.

Four years of no ovulation or any chance of pregnancy and now I've been pregnant twice this year, both times I used Femara. Crazy to think about because I thought I would never get pregnant. It's been a miracle for me.

Hi all, I'm taking my first cycle of femara right now after 2 failed rounds of clomid. Just saw my own very polycystic ovaries on an ultrasound on monday. Will get more results back on Tuesday!

I have a question for everyone: were you ovulating before taking femara, and what cycle day did you ovulate when taking it?

I do ovulate on my own, granted my progesterone level sucked when not on it. I o day 13-16. Usually it's day 14 though. Which is the same as when I'm not on it.

I do not ovulate without it usually. I did ovulate once before I started it but that was due to the metformin and on CD45. I also ovulated once on my own after my miscarriage but also on CD45. My first round of Femara, I ovulated on CD22. The second time it was CD16.

I never ovulated on my own. I would take OPKS and there wasn't even a hint of a second line! I've had unprotected sex for 5 years. No sign of pregnancy. . Shilo, you give me so much hope! What an amazing story!

My doc said I should start opks on cd12, but I feel like I should start them CD10 (3 days after last dose) just in case. I would think the half life of femara is short enough I shouldn't get a false + opk by then.

I normally O around 14-16 on Femara, but my doctors have recommended I start opks around day 10. The only issue with that is many women on femara get a fakenear positive opk around day ten. Just be aware of it, :sex: but know it may not be a real one for a few more days.

I use CB advanced in the morning and wondfo at night. The CB advanced is nice because I actually get to see my estrogen surge in advance of my LH. But they are way to expensive to use twice a day.

I get the near positive fakes and recommend using the better opks. I used answer then switched to clear blue digital and they seemed to be better for can thing real vs fake positives.

I normally use ic opks. Most recently wondfos. Last cycle I tried the cb advanced ovulation kit, since I was taking clomid and figured I'd know for sure when the surge was....but then I got 13 flashing smilies in a row and was sooo irritated. Turns out I never ovulated. So I think I'm sticking with the wondfos.

I just use the normal ones, I had tried the advance but had flashing smiles for a week once. Not doing that again.

Congrats wantabby! Hoping for a sticky for you this round!

Swtpinkbabi - Congrats on your son! Glad he's doing well :)

Wanted to also update about our Femara miracle - She arrived on Dec. 23rd, 2014 at 37wks via csection due to complete placenta previa. She is absolutely perfect!

Her birth announcement is below if interested :)
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/Jenna120106/Baby%20Lady%20Schmidt/BirthAnn2_zps3e651b53.jpg​

CONGRATS To all you ladies:happydance:

Congrats wantabby! Hoping for a sticky for you this round!

Swtpinkbabi - Congrats on your son! Glad he's doing well :)

Wanted to also update about our Femara miracle - She arrived on Dec. 23rd, 2014 at 37wks via csection due to complete placenta previa. She is absolutely perfect!

Her birth announcement is below if interested :)
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/Jenna120106/Baby%20Lady%20Schmidt/BirthAnn2_zps3e651b53.jpg​

Congrats, hope all is well.

Does anyone know what their follicle sizes were during a femara cycle?

At my 11 day scans they were usually 16-18. I had two or three each cycle. I didn't o or for three days after that so at 2 mms a day they would have been 22-24 or so :)

Mine at cd12 are between 16-19 usually. Last month was 16 but 18 is more common for me. I'll try to remember to post my Thursday numbers here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->