Femara Family 2014 ( 10 BFP's so far,3 Angels )

Jenna, I would have been scared with 4 targets lol.

My first BFP on Femara where I miscarried was twins. I took it unmonitored so I'm not sure how many I released. That ovulation was PAINFUL though. I was pretty much crying during sex because I was so sore. The ovulation with this BFP was not as painful and it's a singleton so I'm guessing I only released one. But I was scared of multiples after that first time lol. I'd take twins happily but also be terrified. Anything beyond twins and I'd probably be scared out of my mind. Especially with the pregnancy risks.

Ok can anyone help me? Last night I had this sharp/stabbing pain that lasted for a couple hours, it is still a little sore this morning. I have never experienced ovulation pain before, and I am about 7days past a big temp drop, but no solid thermal shift, so ff won't give me crosshairs... Could it have been implantation pain? Dh and I dtd just In case it was late o.

Sounds like it could be implantation or ovulation. Do you only temp? It might be a good idea to do opks also.

i dont use opk's as i have PCOS, so my cycles are really funky.. this is my first cycle on Femara, so i dont really know what to expect..

I didn't ovulate on my own but I did both times with Femara. Being on Femara, I would go into the cycle assuming you're going to ovulate. I higly suggest OPKs so that you're not so in the dark on ovulation. Take 1 or 2 a day (one in morning, one in evening) starting on CD10 until you get a positive. You can get 50 wondfo opks on Amazon for $20. OPKs helped me sooo much and I just skipped temping.

I also don't temp on femara, I found my temps erratic early in my cycle. I get positive opks usually day 12-14, and had ultrasounds before my iui to insure I have eggs.

I'm the opposite of the last two posters- I took at least 2 opk's a day (wondfo and clear blue), and never got a positive... but most definitely did ovulate that cycle! I did have the biggest temp spike I'd ever had while on femara- no other symptoms...

Thankfully dh and I dtd every oter day that whole cycle just in case, so we still caught it! (I didn't O until around cd 20 or so...)

Hopefully I'm just a fluke, and something shows up for you!

I am asking this in a few threads. I have done femara 5mg for a few cycles now. The nurse mentioned maybe addiing Ovidrel this month. I always ovulate on Femara and I am wondering why would Ovidrel help if I am not doing an IUI? What benefit does the trigger shot have? Did any of you get your BFPs when this protocol was added?

I am asking this in a few threads. I have done femara 5mg for a few cycles now. The nurse mentioned maybe addiing Ovidrel this month. I always ovulate on Femara and I am wondering why would Ovidrel help if I am not doing an IUI? What benefit does the trigger shot have? Did any of you get your BFPs when this protocol was added?

My only guess would be that they're trying to get you to release more eggs if you happen to start maturing more than one. That way, there's at least one more target. I only ovulated 1 egg and it wasn't the best I had on just femara. With the ovidrel, I would release the two or three that femara helped mature. The only benefit I know of, is knowing 36hrs after the shot, you WILL ovulate, so it's pinpointed and it's not "well I got my surge so I should O by tomorrow morning." type deal. It's a guarantee this way. Hope this helped and it's not all over the place!

I only used trigger with IUI and that is how I got my BFP with Femara, but just as Jen said, it forces you to ovulate all maturing eggs within 36 hours.

Wow, that really helps me understand. I often have 3 follicles on femara, 1@19 and 2 that are still like 16mm. So the Ovidrel will help make sure those other two grow and release eggs. I am liking the sound of that.

I am taking the letrozole 3-7 however due to when my flow started I will be on the earlier end of 3-7 closer to 2-6. That also means a higher chance of more eggs vs. one very mature egg.

I know it means a higher chance of twins, but at this point I am just looking to have at least 1 healthy baby before 38. More eggs means that some of those can fail to age or chromosomes and I still stand a chance.

It has taken up to 6 days after my ultrasound to finally ovulate and I am wondering now if my body was releasing the eggs super late. Maybe the trigger is all I need for a very merry Christmas.

What the PP said - REALLY hope the trigger works for you and you get your Christmas miracle(s)!

Haven't been on this thread in awhile but I just wanted to update my recent BFP!

It was on my FIFTH cycle of femara. It was my third IUI (and last before moving on to IVF). All previous cycles I only had one follicle and pretty pitiful lining (never above 7mm). For some odd reason, I stayed on 5mg this cycle and made 3 big beautiful follicles and my lining approached 8mm on the day of trigger. I did trigger and IUI 36 hours later (husband has low morphology 2-3%). Got my beta on 13dpiui of 84 and 15dpiui up to 192. We are beyond thrilled. Waiting for that first ultrasound to see how many little beans may have stuck.

Anyone do trigger/IUI with 3 mature follicles? Did you end up with singleton or multiples??

Good luck to all you ladies currently TTC with Femara!

congrats ,keep us updated

Hey ladies, hope all is well and your journeys to BFP is successful. Our Femara miracle will be induced on Jan 12th unless he decides to come a little earlier.

Keep us updated

Happy New Years Ladies!!!
Quick update, our little miracle baby was induced early at 36weeks due to low fluid. He's doing absolutely great, was in NICU for 5 days because he was so low weight he couldn't hold his body temp up.

Baby Dust to you ladies, hope Femara works for you :hugs:

December 29th I got another BFP with Femara! I am praying this one is sticky and will be my Rainbow! Good luck to all you ladies in 2015!

I got another Femara BFP December 29th! I'm praying this one is sticky! Good luck to all of you ladies in 2015!

Congrats wantabby! Hoping for a sticky for you this round!

Swtpinkbabi - Congrats on your son! Glad he's doing well :)

Wanted to also update about our Femara miracle - She arrived on Dec. 23rd, 2014 at 37wks via csection due to complete placenta previa. She is absolutely perfect!

Her birth announcement is below if interested :)
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/Jenna120106/Baby%20Lady%20Schmidt/BirthAnn2_zps3e651b53.jpg​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->