Femara / Letrozole thread

If you have already gone up in dosage I would stick with 5mg. I totally misunderstood and forgot previous posts. :dohh:

There is no reason to go back down if you have already done the 5mg. Just stay there if it is making you ovulate.

If you have already gone up in dosage I would stick with 5mg. I totally misunderstood and forgot previous posts. :dohh:

There is no reason to go back down if you have already done the 5mg. Just stay there if it is making you ovulate.

I did 2.5 and 5 but only Od 50% on both.

Do you have an issue with one of your tubes? While it's not totally proven some suggest we sometimes ovulate alternately. Some have a dominate side and tend to ovulate from that one side most of the time.

Do you have an issue with one of your tubes? While it's not totally proven some suggest we sometimes ovulate alternately. Some have a dominate side and tend to ovulate from that one side most of the time.

I only O from my left side. The Right doesnt work.

Ah. Then it seems that you are one that alternates. So every second cycle you will ovulate. As long as the meds are making the good side work there is no need to go up in dose. It will take a bit longer but eventually you should get pregnant.

Ah. Then it seems that you are one that alternates. So every second cycle you will ovulate. As long as the meds are making the good side work there is no need to go up in dose. It will take a bit longer but eventually you should get pregnant.

See, that makes sense and like I should start at 5.

CD33- Spotting IE: tinged CM.

My FE isnt here yet, i dont want to start AF. :cry:

I totally understand. I had spotting today as well. I was hoping I might convince the doc to let me do one more round of letrozole just in case it was my cold that made me not ovulate. But my appt is June 1. If af come tomorrow my cd 3 is Sunday. and even if I pushed it to cd 5 that is Tuesday. Af isn't due until Wednesday June 1 so I thought I had time. I usually spot 1 or 2 days prior to af coming but it's still pushing it.

I might email his assistant to see what the doc says.

ok. emailed his assisant. It's 6pm here so I won't hear anything until tomorrow morning. She checks her emails early so I should have an answer mid day as she has to talk to the doc.

ok. I'm re-nervous all over again.

yay!! it's funny how we get so excited for her to show sometimes.

I have spotting today too that is getting heavier. Either it will turn into af tonight or tomorrow. she is early but she came on her own which makes me think that the pills did do their job but I just didn't release the egg. I don't ever get my period on my own without being on letrozole.

Got a call back from a nurse at the fertility clinic as my doc's nurse wasn't in today. Unfortantely she told me nothing and said that since af hasn't actually started yet that to call on monday because that should be cd 3 and get his nurse to talk to him directly instead of emailing back and forth. Even if she comes today they can change the schedule to cd 5-9. it doesn't make much difference.

so now more waiting. lol but I am super stoked I don't have to take provera.

My FE came, not AF but this spotting could turn into her.. i hope!

Im sorry the nurse wasnt much help. :hugs:

Awesome that your pills came on time!! FX your spotting turns into af!!

no. :( won't know until tomorrow. the wait sucks. lol

Well my doc's nurse emailed me back...to change my appt time. She didn't answer my question at all. So I emailed her again this afternoon but have heard nothing. It's now 5:35pm and the clinic is closed now. I'm quite irritated that she didn't seem to bother reading my email.

I am on cd 3 and I picked up my letrozole. I can wait until Wednesday to get the go ahead as that is cd 5 (although I have never taken it days 5-9) but I'm not even seeing the doc now, it's just a phone call appt..which means that he isn't going to instantly put in the IUD so I am taking that as a good sign.

But I am leery of messing with the schedule I have been on since I started this. But a different nurse said there is no difference.

You can switch up the days and it can still work the same. Im not planning to switch up the days only because i know it works on cd3 and with my body, i cant chance missing a day or something. YMMV.

That's like me. I have been on days 3-7 since I started this. Last cycle was the only cycle on it I didn't O and I am sure it was a cold.

so I am apprehensive about changing it.

So freaking happy!!!!

Doc call went awesome. He is happy I made the choice to use the letrozole this cycle. He said it made sense to miss O from being sick and it is possible I did O but missed the progesterone peak. So we are ignoring that cycle and continuing on.

If I ovulate then we will continue on until we get pregnant or are ready for IVF. While the injectable is an option it is $2500 and he said it makes more sense to pay the extra for IVF as it freezes embryos for more children and it has a better success rate.

So no Mirena, and I continue on as is but we will continue to save money just in case and I have to get my bmi down to 38 as that is the limit. Which is about 100 lbs.

So I started the 21 day fix again today. I needed to anyway outside of all of this.

Feeling really good and happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->