Femara / Letrozole thread

Are you guys open for newbies? I've successfully conceived on clomid, first round, twice. First round resulted in my 4 year old DD. Second time resulted in boy/girl twins that I unfortunately ended up delivering at 21 weeks. So it has been a year since then and here I am again. I just had an appointment with my OB on Friday and she would like to try letrozole instead of clomid because she says it has a lower chance that I will conceive multiples which my body just obviously can't handle. I'm really nervous about starting something new when I know that clomid already works for me. She wants me to have a "natural" cycle before starting the letrozole and my periods can be about 40 days apart...I'm on CD 12 now. So here I sit...waiting for AF so I can start the Letrozole.

P.S. I have have mild PCOS and do not ovulate on my own.

Hi Klabro! Welcome!! 💜 congrats on your success with your babies! It is scary starting something new when you know the other already works! I think they both have a high chance of multiples. That sucks you just have to wait a month for AF. You can join us while we all wait! Hang in there! 😩 Are you on metformin for the pcos? I've never had any side effects from letrozole but some girls have so it depends.

I had an ultrasound on Friday and I'm not responding to the letrozole so now I'm on clomid in the same cycle!? I'm trying not to ask too many questions and just trust the doc but it's frustrating. I've never responded to clomid. But now that my insulin is down and I've had the laproscopy maybe it'll be a different story. We'll see!

Asry- did you test again? Fingers crossed! 😃

Happy Sunday girls!! 😍

Thanks Jennett, I guess I should point out that my twins didn't make it after the early delivery. So I have a 4 year old daughter. I'm hoping that the letrozole works too. I've been taking inositol, D3, B12, Fish oil and a prenatal for my PCOS. Its been a few months now that I have been back on everything. I got kind of lazy about it before because I was on B/C so the PCOS was masked. I had an LH surge according to a OPK yesterday, but unfortunately this is a common occurrence with me and sometimes I have multiple positive OPKs during anovulatory cycles.

Klabro: I'm so very sorry for your loss. Welcome.

AfM: I am totally gutted. O has not been confirmed. My temp barely rose this morning. I did have one month back in the beginning where I didn't have a temp confirmation but the progesterone test said I ovulated. I will continue temping and see what happens.

I did have one beer last night at my sister's boyfriend's bday party. I don't know if that affected my temp at all. Some say it will bring the bbt down and some say it willbring it up. But usually it is because of drinking heavily not have a glass of beer.

I will be going on may 21 to get my progesterone test done. If I was to place O it would have been yesterday.

I'm not sure what I will do or what will happen if I am suddenly not ovulating on letrozole. Possibly try one more month and see what happens. make sure it wasn't a fluke. I don't think I can go up in dosage. I think the max is 7.5mg which is what I am on. But not sure.

You are so welcome Klabro <3 I hope you succeed right away with Letrozole. There are some interesting links about Letrozole in the first Pages. I have also been in Clomid and now im done with Letrozole. With none I had luck :(
My son was concieved by IUI and I have had 3 MC's on natural cycles.
So sorry to hear about your loss of the twins :( so heartbraking I cannot even think how bad it has been for you. But happy to see you trying again :)

Well, dpo 12 today and negative. I stopped the progesterone in thursday. Just dont feel like this is it. Though dont feel like af either, but it would show already if I'd be pg.. :(
So for now im waiting on af and then maybe after lne cycle i'll try agnus castus. But hormones are now done for me. I really hope you guys have better luck!M

So weird Jennt you havent o'ed yet? And Clomid? I would've not been surprised if you'd gotten injections as I've heard they use those quite often with Letrozole. But hope they work anyhow <3

I'm so sorry Klabro! That was stupid of me. I wish you so much luck!

screw it. I am counting myself 1 dpo until it's confirmed either way. I ordered Wondfos from Amazon. 25 piece. lol I will get them on Wednesday but I won't be using them until I do my progesterone test that confirms O. I usually don't test earlier than that as I always have to go for my test to confirm. Except the cycle of my bfp because I knew at 3dpo that I was pregnant.

This one I don't want to symptom spot because last cycle I got everything and wasn't pregnant.

Welcome Klabro! I lost my daughters twin brother at 17wk so i understand that loss. :hugs:

-----
I decided Im going to give FE another go! I just am unsure what dosage and so is the dr at this point. It would be silly to start at 2.5mg again but since it was 50/50...who knows! I need to get a new cycle anyway, im still having this weird old blood spotting. Thoughts girls so i can discuss it with the dr?

if it sort of worked at 2.5mg I would go up to 5mg. 5mg didn't work for one cycle for me and my doc put me on 7.5mg for the rest. Not sure if they go higher than 7.5mg. I have read someone got 10mg but so far it is working for me at 7.5mg.

I'm not being monitored so no idea if more than one follicle grows but I'm assuming the doc isn't too worried about it as they don't feel the need to monitor it.

if it sort of worked at 2.5mg I would go up to 5mg. 5mg didn't work for one cycle for me and my doc put me on 7.5mg for the rest. Not sure if they go higher than 7.5mg. I have read someone got 10mg but so far it is working for me at 7.5mg.

I'm not being monitored so no idea if more than one follicle grows but I'm assuming the doc isn't too worried about it as they don't feel the need to monitor it.

Im not being monitored either. just " take these and call if BFP".

Just found out my doctor has prescribed 2.5mg days 3-7 this first cycle. We didn't discuss dosage at my appointment, I should have asked but it seems when I get in with the doctor my brain goes to mush when it comes to asking questions. To be honest I was a little shocked she decided to try something different when she knew clomid works, I understand her reasoning though. My body can't handle a twin pregnancy so she wants to try something that she considers to be "less risky" for me. I will be monitored this cycle will follicle scanning, all of my previous clomid cycles were unmonitored. She also wants me to wait for AF to come again on its own which was 40 days this last time :nope: I'm hoping that it will decide to come earlier this time because right now I feel like I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs until I can start my first dose.

Just found out my doctor has prescribed 2.5mg days 3-7 this first cycle. We didn't discuss dosage at my appointment, I should have asked but it seems when I get in with the doctor my brain goes to mush when it comes to asking questions. To be honest I was a little shocked she decided to try something different when she knew clomid works, I understand her reasoning though. My body can't handle a twin pregnancy so she wants to try something that she considers to be "less risky" for me. I will be monitored this cycle will follicle scanning, all of my previous clomid cycles were unmonitored. She also wants me to wait for AF to come again on its own which was 40 days this last time :nope: I'm hoping that it will decide to come earlier this time because right now I feel like I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs until I can start my first dose.

Ill be on 5mg cd3-7. Im waiting on AF to get her butt in gear too. Im still having this weird old blood spotting from 9 months of no AF (not pregnant, she just decided to stop). :wacko:

2.5 MG is usually where they start people. Letrozole has less of a chance of multiples than clomid does. It isn't a big difference but a difference nonetheless.

I suspect she is monitoring you now because they will make sure you only have one follicle and of you have 2 they won't continue with the cycle.

Afm: I put ovulation at cd 19. I couldn't temp this morning as I have a very bad cold and I only slept in 2 hour spurts. Hoping my sleep is better tonight.

Aayla-Yeah we are doing monitored cycles again to avoid twin pregnancy if we can. We will abandon the cycle if there are too many follicles. Just a ball of nerves for trying something else and hoping that it works.

Didn't ovulate this cycle. Not sure what is going on. Has anyone heard of someone taking a higher dose than 7.5mg?

Didn't ovulate this cycle. Not sure what is going on. Has anyone heard of someone taking a higher dose than 7.5mg?

Did they start you out on 7.5? Did you go to the dr to verify you didnt O? I know temps look maybe that way but you could have with that dip.

I was started at 5mg but didn't O on that. I have ovulated on 7.5 ever since. Got a bfp on my 2nd cycle of 7.5mg

I got a progesterone test done today and it was at 3.5. They need a min of 10 to show ovulation. By my other signs I should have ovulated cd 18 or 19. Today was 7dpo of cd 18 and 6dpo of cd 19.

Most usually start at 2.5 and go up the following month if they didn't ovulate. It is frustrating to not but why tale a higher dose if the low dose will work?

Afm: my letrozole days are over. They don't go higher than 7.5 and since I didn't ovulate the doc wants to talk about next steps. I have an appt June 1. If I am right and it is injection meds or IVF then we will be taking a year off to save money for it and I need to lose a lot of weight.

I feel at peace with this. Somehow I lost my focus for fitness. I tend to get obsessed over one thing and a lot of other things fall to the way side. Somehow I couldn't put fitness in with TTC. I was into road races and such. I have done a 5k and a 10k and was looking at doing a half marathon.

So I think taking the year will be good for me.

I'll still be on here though. I have made so many friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->