Femara / Letrozole thread

Hi Asry- The trigger will spike your temp. Just keep temping to make sure your number stay above the line if you're looking to see signs of preg! Yay! That's gotta be o cramps! Woohoo!!! Keep calm and don't worry. It won't do you any good. Fingers crossed! Are you doing IUI or timed intercourse?

Hi Alyna- 2 nice follies is great!! Let us know your results.

Molu should be starting pills today!! 😃 hopefully the new cocktail does the trick!

Asry - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Jenntt - Sorry to hear about AF, but it sounds like you have a great attitude! Sometimes I get weary of my hope/disappointment cycle.

On a somewhat related note, I recently finished an amazing work of creative non-fiction called The World is On Fire. It was a cool blend of history, personal experience, and the sound track of life written by a super cool woman and college professor. I was totally digging the book, marveling at the writers travels and experiences. Then I got to the end of the book, and there was an essay about her struggle with secondary infertility. It was so sad and so heartbreaking and so real. She was able to beautifully articulate so many of the feelings that I've been having, but couldn't convey in words.

One of the cool things she talked about was how she had "a song" that she used to play all the time to get her through the hope/disappointment of trying and failing to get pregnant. Her song was Queen's "Somebody to Love." It reminded me of the song I used to sing to get through my infertility while trying to get pregnant with DS. It was Zac Brown Band's "Let It Go" (I quote it in my sig. It's not the same song from Frozen.)

Do any of you all have songs that you sing to help you get through the ongoing emotional roller coaster of infertility?

Just caught up with all the posts today, I was a bit busy with work. Jenntt- next cycle for you...fingers crossed for you ...this is our month
Asry- I am so excited for your tww. Just be calm and believe that this is your month...it will work out.
Alyna- how is your tww coming along. When do you test for bfp? Can't wait...fingers crossed for you too

As for me ... my medicines should end tonight and then ultrasound until follicles are ready for trigger. I am hoping but I am not giving myself too much hopes..... I wish we had see through bodies, and we could see what was happening. ...dream on!

😂😂😂 I just said to my hubby why can't I have something at home that let's me see what's going on every second!? Haha

Thanks Molu! Good luck! I hope you have really nice follies! 😄 it's hard not to be hopeful but it's a rollercoaster. Don't lose hope tho!

We decided to go back to FET. We have 3 popsicles that have been waiting for me to get healthy. We have 2 fail last year. I'm hoping it was from high insulin. Now I'm 27lbs lighter and eating healthy so hopefully I'll have a better result! 😩 ugh I just want a piece of cake!! Haha

Alyna- I'm glad you found something that gives you hope and keeps your mind off the stress. I now have let it go (from frozen) stuck in my head! 😂 I love your quote BTW! 😊

Good luck to you girls this month!! This WILL be our month!! Have a great weekend! 😙

OK, the wait is driving me nuts! I'm debating giving myself a pregnancy test tomorrow. It's cdc 23 and day 11 since the trigger (AF usually arrives on cdc 25). My trigger shot was 5,000, so it should be out of my system after 10 days.

If it's BFN, I'll be soooo disappointed, and if it's positive, I'll convince myself that it's just the trigger still in my system, and test again for the next couple days.

We'll see what happens, I guess...

Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Alyna - 11dpt and 5000 iu trigger shot....if it is a bfp...it is a good positive. The trigger is long gone. Last time I tested 9dpo that is 11dpt and I tested my 10000iu trigger shot negative. Let us know...I can't wait to hear...:)

Alyna - 11dpt and 5000 iu trigger shot....if it is a bfp...it is a good positive. The trigger is long gone. Last time I tested 9dpo that is 11dpt and I tested my 10000iu trigger shot negative. Let us know...I can't wait to hear...:)

Thanks! This is super helpful! I've been having lots of cramps today, so AF may come to visit before then, but, if not, I'll take the test first thing in the morning!

Jenntt- we are doing timed, as OH didnt want to go for iui again. And thanks :flower:

Alyna, I need to look up that book sounds interesting. And heartbraking.
Lets hope you get your BFP this cycle :happydance: did you go for that progesterone test?
And with the trigger when you havent tested it out you need to be cautious. I was still getting faint lines 12 days past trigger with a sensitive test and while my af already arrived. So it totally depends on your metabolism.
Most people do get it out By 10 days, but my gyn said not to test before 14 dpt. Well wont be listening to her with that as i will test it out :haha:
Anyway i truly do wish you get that :bfp: and theres no harm in testing either way the result is - you will find out in few days what the truth is :hugs::hugs::dust:
So :test:

BFN. After a day full of cramps yesterday. I got a single spot of pink last night, but nothing today (so far). Also, no real cramps today. DH thinks it was too early to test, since we are still in the window for implantation.

So the good news is that the trigger shot is out of my system. The bad news is, there's a good chance I'm not pregnant. If AF doesn't come before then, I'll test again on Tuesday.

Thanks all for the good vibes!

Spotting is a great sign at 11dpt! And no more cramps now could mean you had implant cramps!! All good signs! Wait a couple more days and test! Fingers crossed!! 😃

Are you temping? Did your temp drop(big sign of implant)?

Alyna, sorry for the BFN but atleast you know the trigger is out! And hopefully next test will have those two lines!! Keep your head up girl!! :)

Thanks all! Sadly, i don't temp. I tried in the past, but I couldn't find any patterns, so I stopped. I wish I hadn't now!

The cramps resumed this morning, and boy do they feel like AF. They're pretty strong. The light pink spotting continues, but it's really light. It's been almost 5 years since I was pregnant, but I don't remember cramps and my spotting was brown.

I guess I'll just have to wait it out and try not to obsess!

AF showed up tonight. :growlmad:

This cycle is going to be chockful of tests. I've got lots of bloodwork to do, a SA for DH and an HSG if I can squeeze it in before we go on vacation.

Obviously I'm seriously bummed that I'm not pregnant, but I'm also annoyed that my luteal phase is exactly the same number of days. I was hoping the trigger shot and baby aspirin would help.

Asry, to answer a question you asked up thread, I did get my progesterone tested, but the doc said they'd only call me with results if they were abnormal. Otherwise, they'd give me results during my next Doctor consult.

Oh crap Alyna that damn :witch::trouble: but big :hugs: hopefully you'll treat yourself something nice today to feel little better.

I also thought that hcg trigger would extend my lutheal phase, but last cycle when I didnt have progesterone supps my lh- was only 8 days :saywhat:
so we will see if it helps now that i got those. I put 2x100mg per day. I wonder why I didnt get them in first place.

Hi girls!
Long time no see.
Jenntt, I am so sorry for your BFN! But you ARE young! You have many fertile years ahead of you so do not worry! I have just turned 40, fyi...
Alyna, fingers crossed! Very exciting!
I was so ill from the Tamoxifen that I couldn't even write to you, dear ladies!
I produced four eggs, 2 of which were immature though.
The other two both fertilized but the cells seem to be dividing somewhat slowly, so not sure if either of them will make it.
I am not going to bother you with ivf embryo development details as you are lucky to not have to go through this.
Transfer planned for tomorrow so we'll see if they are still viable. I pray they are.

Alyna- I'm so sorry! Sending you hugs for your HSG! That is a bitch!😣 I hope results come back perfect! Then you can start this new cycle!😃

Asry - have fun with timed!! 😄👍really hope that works and this is your month!!

Patient- thank you for that! Sorry you were sick. Prayers for your transfer! Fingers and toes crossed for a successful IVF and you get your BFP! 😄

Sending hugs and wishes this is our month girls!! 😍

I also thought that hcg trigger would extend my lutheal phase, but last cycle when I didnt have progesterone supps my lh- was only 8 days :saywhat:
so we will see if it helps now that i got those. I put 2x100mg per day. I wonder why I didnt get them in first place.

Thanks for letting me know! I've always known my luteal phase was short. It was 9 days when I conceived my DS. When we started trying for #2 before medication, it was about 6 days. Taking the Femara lengthened it back to 9 days, but I'd love a longer stretch!

I am not going to bother you with ivf embryo development details as you are lucky to not have to go through this.

Please feel free to post as many details as you'd like! Sometimes just typing up experiences and sharing them makes this crazy journey we're all on a lot more bearable. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you tomorrow!

On a related note, I'm on a management team at my work. Today I shared with the team that I was undergoing fertility treatments, so that they wouldn't think I was dying of some horrible fatal condition when they saw all the doctor's appointments on my calendar. The team is all women, but I'm the only mom. One of the women shared with me that she TTC for 7 years, going through numerous fertility treatments, none of which worked. I feel so bad for her. It's crazy the secret pains we all carry around with us that we don't share with others.

It's very sad that women feel ashamed about it. There's been such a stigma put on infertility but I feel like that is changing a little. I guess the reason I don't talk about it is I will break out in tears. I've now cut off my preggo friends and friends that have kids...which leaves me pretty lonely.

Alyna- progesterone should give you a longer stretch.

I went back to my holistic dr, after deciding to go through with FET. He talked with me for a whole hour. He suggests doing a laproscopy instead. He said we still don't know why I had an ectopic, 2 failed FETs, and many failed iui cycles. I thought I had a good plan but now I'm more confused than ever. It makes sense but I just want to be told what is going to work.

I hope you girls are having a better day.

Patientmum - great to hear from you :flower: and please do keep writing here and sharing experiences! Would love to hear how the transfer went. I really hope those two survived and will dig themselves deep :cloud9:

Alyna - you brave woman :howdy::hugs: thats awesome you came out to your collegues so openly. And that you got to hear those stories from other women too. 7 yrs, that is such a long time :nope: I really hope they will succeed soon.
I'm also in secretly ttc. I have only told 2 friends. All other think our family size is this. I guess it comes from being afraid that if I do tell, and then dont succeed- ppl will feel sorry for me and be too careful around me in their hopes of kids etc. And I dont want that, as I am soooo lucky to have one. That is a privilege <3

Jenntt - i do feel for you and understand on cutting on friends. It is just too heartbraking. Hopefully soon you can reach back on them and tell you are pg and reason why you couldnt be around them :hugs:
So you will go on with FET, so its a transfer right? And why would he instead ask for laparoscopy?
I have heard that in IVF/FET cycles if they do scratching/scrapping (??!!) before the embryo can attach more easy in uterus. Dont know if laparoscopy is the same.

And apologies my english is not perfect and if I dont get all right what you are saying :blush:

But for all you feel like a :hug: here it is !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->