• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara / Letrozole thread

Asry- you said it all perfectly! That's what my Dr said. He said it would help conceiving naturally and with IVF. He believes there's something actually wrong and wants to get to the root of the problem. It does make sense in my head but in my heart I'm scared. So, I will be having surgery at the end of the month!! My hubby and I talked about it last night and it's the best thing to do.

When are you set to ovulate? Have fun!😄

Where are you from?

Okay, so surgery it is for you Jenntt! Good luck with that! Im sure your doc knows the best what to do. So will you still be taking femara now or is it all cancelled untill after surgery?

You can see from my siggy what dpo im now if you open it up, dpo 4/5 already!! Yay!
Not sure about the temp rise on friday because the pains also came on friday and ff said friday is dpo 1 but i think saturday is dpo 1.

Temping is hard when you have the trigger shot cause that raises temp. But at least you can watch for implant and temps staying high. Either way I don't think you missed it! 😉 yaaay so you'll be testing next week!! Fingers crossed! 😄

Thank you! Yes surgery for me this cycle. No meds so it will be very interesting to see what my body does. I've read so many stories and even a girl in my neighborhood had the same surgery and was preggo 2 months after! Same dr!! 😃

Wow Finland! 😀 I'm in Florida 🌴

It's very sad that women feel ashamed about it. There's been such a stigma put on infertility but I feel like that is changing a little. I guess the reason I don't talk about it is I will break out in tears. I've now cut off my preggo friends and friends that have kids...which leaves me pretty lonely.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I remember feeling irrationally angry and jealous when my sister-in-law got pregnant on the first try when we'd been trying for nearly a year. It hurt so bad. I had to force myself to happily ask her baby details while I was aching so bad inside. She knew we were TTC and she would breezily say it would happen sooner or later. That hurt too. But it all changed when I held my niece for the first time. I hope you find a source of strength and peace amidst the pain. And best of luck with the FET. My fingers are crossed for you.

Alyna - you brave woman :howdy::hugs: thats awesome you came out to your collegues so openly. And that you got to hear those stories from other women too. 7 yrs, that is such a long time :nope: I really hope they will succeed soon.

Thanks! It helped talking about it so openly. And, of course it helps that they are women. My colleague is actually older and entering menopause, so no little ones for her and her DH. It's crazy, because she's one of the most athletic and healthy people I know. Life can really suck sometimes!

I'm also in secretly ttc. I have only told 2 friends. All other think our family size is this. I guess it comes from being afraid that if I do tell, and then dont succeed- ppl will feel sorry for me and be too careful around me in their hopes of kids etc. And I dont want that, as I am soooo lucky to have one. That is a privilege <3
is !

Amen!

Alyna - oh my, so your collegue has already tried it all IFV/ donor? That really sucks if nothing is to be done anymore :cry: Little miracle would be so right for them. Adoption? Well thats an easy card to throw but hard path to walk.
My friends obgyn has said as she had twin pregnancy at 40 yrs that before we hit menopause our ovaries "overdoit" so multiple follies might be produced without meds (as they are startignt to shut down) and thats why lot of 40+ women have twin pregnancies. Wouldnt that be awe if they had this!!!

Jenntt - wow thats good news then how your Dr does his miracles :thumbup: let us know when the surgery is and we'll keep thumbs up!

Arent we lucky to have all this help nowadays. If we'd been born 50 yrs earlier we'd be childless more or less. They prob did have some herbs though back then? I actually already ordered Vitex for myself, if these Letrozole cycles wont work i will give natureherbs a shot :flower:

AFM, I have already started testig hcg-shot out. Nice II lines still appear, oh how nice they are to see :cloud9: wish next week I will be seeing them strong!!! [-o&lt;

Where's Molu? How are you? :flower:

Patientmum - how was the transfer? Hope all was good :hugs:

Asry - how are you feeling? Any symptoms? &#128512; your chart looks so good and promising! I've heard great things about Vitex and fertility aid on Amazon. I don't think you'll need it though! &#128521;

Alyna - thank you for the sweet words and support. We decided to do laproscopy at the end of the month. My Dr thinks there may be a bigger issue and FET would just be a waste. How are you feeling?

Where's Patient and Molu? I hope Patient is relaxing! &#128522; how's the new cocktail of meds working for Molu? Any progress?

Asry- I would have loved to be born 50 years ago and not just for the fun poodle skirts! &#128514; My grandma had 23 pregnancies, 8 mc! So I have 14 aunts and uncles!! The infertility numbers rise each year that goes by. I really think a lot of it has to do with the unnatural way our food is made and the chemicals we're exposed to now. Oh well, can't change time so we just have to keep fighting. &#128515;

So ladies...today was my first ultrasound. ..and I am quite stressed and disappointed. My lining was 5mg (not bad for day 11). Left ovary had two tiny follicles and my right had one 14mm follicle. Problem is ...I have only ovulated once from the right and that was bfn all my past pregnancies have been from my left side. Problem 2 is I am a late ovulator...this just crushed my hopes. If this is a true follicle I might ovulate on day 13 or 14. I am so lost and confused and stressed.

Molu - good to hear from you! Will you be going for another ultrasound? And do not lose hope or stress too much. There is always hope when eggs and spermies hook up ;) will you be having trigger shot? That will make you O. Thumbs up!

Jenntt - you are so sweet cheering for me <3 I havent got any symptoms. I get twinges now and then but Nothing out of ordinary. And I have had just Perfect temps in this +2 yrs in ttc but they really havent ment BFP, and now the progesterone supps keep my temps up so dunno why I even temp but guess its such a habit :D

Hi Molu! Don't lose hope! You've got a folli growing and the others might catch up as the lining grows. All it takes is 1 anyway! Cheer up! It's not over yet!! &#128522;

Hi Asry- that's what we're here for! &#128525; I know what you mean about temping becoming a habit. It's a hard one to quit too. I think it's a feeling of some control we have over ttc. I had a perfect chart last month that wasn't bfp so who knows! Keep us posted on symptoms.

Surgery scheduled for next Thursday! I'm soooo happy it's so soon!

Jenntt : praying for you for your surgery hope everything works out for you.
Arsy: I am not losing hope but you know.... there is always a worry. What about you....

I am praying and fingers crossed for everyone...

So my doc called me with results E2 level is 76 and my LH level is 7. Another ultrasound on friday. Let's see...

Wow Jenntt!! Next thrusday already :happydance: thats great news! Step closer to :crib: right?

Molu :thumbup::thumbup: for fridays ultrasound! Hope there are some juicy follies!

Heres nothing new to report. Still strong lines on HPT I wish theyd go away soon and then come back... :cloud9:

Thank you ladies!! &#128537;&#128537; yes one step closer!! &#127868; I'm so happy it's soon, otherwise I would've just gone onto the FET cycle and hoped for the best. But this is the right way to go.

Fingers crossed for Molu!! Come on juicy follies!! &#128077;&#128077;

Asry - any spotting or temp dip? Praying those lines stay there!!! &#128515;

Arsy- how many dpo are you?? May be this is a true a bfp.

I'm dpo 7/8 now, and 9 days from the trigger. Last time the trigger showed light in tests up to 12 days, so I wont believe in true bfp untill it starts getting stronger. Now its just fading away as it should.

I'll try to post a pic of tests tomorrow or sunday so you'll see the "progress" :winkwink:

Jenntt - my temps are up-down-up-down so no significant temp dip. Or sportting. Or nothing else either :haha: edit. do have sharp pains up in cp, probably prog.suppositories doing that

Wonder where patientmum is, hope all is ok? :hugs:

Oh yay, its friday :happydance: :wine::pizza::yipee:

Hi Ladies! I would love to join this thread! I haven't read through the whole thing yet but I will catch up. lol

I have PCOS and started letrozole last May after clomid didn't work to make me ovulate (it also made me gain weight really quick). My first cycle I was on 5mg and it didn't work. 2nd cycle they upped it to 7.5mg and that made me ovulate. 3rd cycle I got my bfp but that ended in an early miscarriage. We did 3 more cycles but no bfp. this current cycle we took it off and I didn't use letrozole. No ovulation. So now I am waiting for af to come (due in 3 days) and I hope she comes on her own and I don't have to use provera to induce.

Aayla please do join!! Good to have more ladies here :flower:

Sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: but silverlining is that it has worked once..so hopefully soon again :cloud9:

Hi Aayla! Welcome!! &#128516; PCOS is such a pain to deal with! I'm sorry about your loss and struggles! There are ways to trick PCOS and you WILL!! Just don't give up and you'll eventually find what works. Don't be afraid to ask questions or see different docs! Hopefully you'll have that BFP very soon!! &#128515;&#128077;&#128077;

Asry- yes post pics so we can follow along &#128514; those damn suppositories! &#128563; Yaaay Friday!! 1 day closer to you realllllllllly testing!!! &#128131;&#128131;yes have a glass of wine and relax! &#127863;

I hope all is well with Patient! &#128559;

So guyss...my ultrasound today was ... well...one follicle 18.4mm. They want me to trigger tonight. I really hope this is not a cyst and it's an actual follicle with an egg in it... I just hope and pray this works....

I forgot....but my Uterus lining hasn't thickened a bit. It was 5mm and remains 5mm. I am just confused of whether I should do this trigger or not... what do you guys think... I am confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->