Femara/Letrozole

everything

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum, we have been ttc for 13 months now with 2 early losses (1 at 4 weeks and another at 7 weeks). I went to see my OB in April and he prescribed Femara/Letrozole 5mg for CD3-7 but I never took it (that is until now).
I'm pretty sure I ovulate on my own I do get a positive opk every month at CD16-20 with a luteal phase of 11-14 days but I have a blood diagnosis of PCOS (insulin resistance and something is higher then something else) but only had one cyst (that I know of) and I also have hypothyroidism that is well controlled with NDT and the PCOS with Metformin.
Femara is our first approach to strengthen my ovulation and then we have an appointment hopefully in august but maybe in early September with the fertility clinic =)
I wanted to ask does anyone have experience with just Femara when you already O on your own? I'm really hoping this does something but the doctor said I wants another blood test at 7dpo (I will be using ovulation tests) and then we can go from there.
We have saved up for IVF, lucky us that it is fairly cheap here compared to everywhere else I think ($3500 for the first round and then $1000 for rounds 2-7) but the doctor said that for some Femara is enough, others need an IUI or injectables with it but he likes to start with just femara and no monitoring other the ovulation tests (I can't wait to go see the fertility clinic though and see what they say).

First of all, I'm sorry about your losses.

My reproductive endocrinologist prescribed me femara even though I always ovulated on my own. I took it for three months or so on our own (with monitoring leading up to ovulation and on day 21 to confirm ovulation) and then during 2 IUI's. My third IUI was with injectables. We were not successful until turning to IVF, but many women are. There is a "femara friends" group on the Long Term TTC page where you'll find a lot of successes.

Good luck, and keep us posted on what the fertility clinic says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->