Femara? (Letrozole)

momyof3yippey

Reaction score
Hello, I am 26, Married to Dh for 8 years almost and we are TTC. I had a stillbirth last year on July 27th. From then on I was not ovulating correctly...so we went on 100mg clomid last cycle...it worked, had the IUI and got preggo...lost that one 5 days ago :(...so now I am trying femara (letrozole) anyone have any luck getting a BFP on this? Also I am hoping that the whole "you are more fertile after a MC" saying is true...we shall see! :shrug:

Sorry for your losses. I'm sorry. I don't have any experiance with this. I wanted to wish you good luck though. :hugs:

I had a chemical my first cycle on Femara. I have seen quite a few people on another board get pregnant on Femara. I think it is used more in the US.
What dose/days are you on?
:flower:

I am on cd 6 ..I am not sure about it..this might seem stupid..but when I was on clomid last month..I could feel my ovary already start to do something..this time I feel nothing while on femara...I am thinking it might not work this month. We will see.

hope it works for you! I've been on clomid the last 2 cycles but have had such bad visual disturbances I've been advised not to take clomid any more so I'm thinking femara may be the next option - fingers crossed for you. I've read that there are less symptoms with femara so maybe thats why you are feeling it less than clomid - hope so!

:flower:

Thanks..I have started taking the OPK's (clearblue digital) and the line is already getting darker..I think in a couple days it should be positive(based upon past experiences) so I think you are right..the femara has less side effects! I like it much more than compared to the clomid thus far :)
Good luck to you also!! Thanks for the reply!

I have an appt with my RE on the 29th and he is possibly starting me on Femara. He said his office prefers femara over clomid, which is totally fine with me since 4 cylces of clomid last year didn't work for me anyway.

Do you have PCOS? I heard the people with PCOS (like me) do better with femara than clomid anyway..so I bet it will work for you! I hope so at least!

I did not get strong ovary pains till right around O. Painful it was - I was worried I had a cyst and it would burst.
I have taken it 2.5 mg - days 3-7 and also 2.5 mg days 5-9.
When did you begin?
I think you may feel something nearer to O time. I definetly did - twice it was pretty painful the other times slight but noticeable.
I am not on it this cycle.
Good luck:flower:
CW

I took femara for 6 cycles. The 3rd cycle (January) we did get pregnant but sadly lost it at 8.5 weeks. I took it 3 more months and then did injectiables and IUI in July with no luck. I am a bit older (38) so that is why I am losing them (our 4th loss).
There is a girl on here (Jessa) who is pregnant with triplets after taking Femara. She has a pregnancy journal.
Good luck to you! :hugs:

I did not get strong ovary pains till right around O. Painful it was - I was worried I had a cyst and it would burst.
When did you begin?
I think you may feel something nearer to O time. I definetly did - twice it was pretty painful the other times slight but noticeable.
CW

Today is cd 13 and still negative opk's. I havent felt much pain either...TMI TMI TMI it was painful with BD time with Dh...but I figure it's a cyst/follicle that was making it painful. The Dr. started me on 5mg I took it cd 3 through 7...so we will see how this goes :) Thanks for the reply :)

I took femara for 6 cycles. The 3rd cycle (January) we did get pregnant but sadly lost it at 8.5 weeks. I took it 3 more months and then did injectiables and IUI in July with no luck. I am a bit older (38) so that is why I am losing them (our 4th loss).
There is a girl on here (Jessa) who is pregnant with triplets after taking Femara. She has a pregnancy journal.
Good luck to you! :hugs:

I am very sorry about your losses :(
How do we view other people's journals here? I am new to this b&b and dont know how to find everything! Thanks!!! I would love to see her journal :)

Thank you.
You can go to the pregnancy journal section and then look for Jessa's triplet pregnancy journal. Good luck! :hugs:

When did you begin?
CW

Today is cd 13 and still negative opk's. I havent felt much pain either...TMI TMI TMI it was painful with BD time with Dh...but I figure it's a cyst/follicle that was making it painful. The Dr. started me on 5mg I took it cd 3 through 7...so we will see how this goes :) Thanks for the reply :)

KUP:flower:

Momyof3 - do you think you might be O'ing today? Some people get a bit nauseus round O and I see you have the sick smiley on.

Momyof3 - do you think you might be O'ing today? Some people get a bit nauseus round O and I see you have the sick smiley on.

You are TOTALLY RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took my OPK last night as I felt nausious and it was a smiley face!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!! We were not able to do the IUI. We drive half way to the office (it's a 2 hour drive) and found out that they wanted us to come in on Saturday...well we are unable to do that because it's our son's very last soccer game and we can't miss that ...so we are just going to BD for the next few days ..:sex: haha I am just figuring out how to use these threads! LOL~! had to add a picture for fun! :)

You are TOTALLY RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took my OPK last night as I felt nausious and it was a smiley face!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!! We were not able to do the IUI. We drive half way to the office (it's a 2 hour drive) and found out that they wanted us to come in on Saturday...well we are unable to do that because it's our son's very last soccer game and we can't miss that ...so we are just going to BD for the next few days ..:sex: haha I am just figuring out how to use these threads! LOL~! had to add a picture for fun! :)

Good luck - I am glad you O'd:happydance:

Welcome to the two week wait:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"