Femara success?

Hi Brandy, I've been using opk but all I am getting is faint lines? The cramps have eased at least and I'm not feeling so bloated. will have to just keep bd and hope for the best.

I'm sorry, I didn't see your last reply. I swear by digital opks. I'm sorry about the BFN. Keep your chin up! I had a tubel so I just got my methotrexate shot last thurs. Go tomorrow and praying my levels went down :-/

Thanks Brandy. Feeling a lot better today, think I will get digital opk this month. How did everything turn out with you?

Yes! Digitas are fool proof! No trying to compare lines and hope it's dark enough and all that. Plus it gives you a heads up a couple days before O. My levels went from a 42 on Monday to a 32 today!! That means the shot worked! Praise the lord! Now I only have to go once a week until they are at 4! Sooo glad!! How many dpo are you?

Great news on your levels! Do you use the clear blue digital? I'm on cd4 hoping that this is going to be the month! Baby dust to us both :D

Haha no baby dust for me u till June. I'm not allowed to get pregnant for 3 months after the shot. I have 2 1/2 months to go :) Yes I swear by clear blue Digitals! They are right to the point and no guess work. I figure I have enough to worry about with ttc. It's nice to know very closely when you O. I hope you have a lucky month! Luck of the Irish may be on your side!! There's 16 BFP on my ttw board for March :) What days do you usually O on?

Oh wow I didn't realise that you had to wait that long! I don't ovulate on my own. This is my third round of letrozole. 1st time I ovulated day 19, 2nd time day 18... maybe day 17 this time lol

Yeah I ovulated on cd 19-20. I only ovulated once and that's when the tubel/chemical happened. I have been told that when you take it for a bit that some stays on your system from the previous month and it can make you O earlier so that would make sense :) Do you do ovidrel shot also? I don't O on my own either and had to do the shot. What cd are you on?

No I haven't done a ovidrel shot before. After this round if I don't get a BFP I have to go back to FS and see what the next step is. I'm on cd 9. I am thinking we are going to go to ivf next as I'm 35 and the clock is ticking!

Yeah I don't blame you. I just turned 30 and am starting to feel the pressure a bit because I don't have any children and would love 3 :-/ Ww talked about doing IVF also just to get the ball rolling but the femara and ovidrel worked pretty good so now we're not sure. The funny thing is 2 days before I got my BFP I was there talking to my FS about injectables lol! How long have you been trying?

Three little bambinos would definitely keep you busy! We have been trying since I got married 3.5 yrs ago... have been seeing FS for a little over a year. Done so many tests. Had a lap and got my ovaries drilled. On metformin and letrozole. Feel like I have been trying for so long but haven't gotten far. I'm also trying to lose weight which is not easy with pcos. How long have you been trying?

We have been together for 5 years and never used anything. I know the losing weight struggle with PCOS. I could lose about 25 pounds and be SOOO happy. I just got my numbers back and I was at a 3 on Thursday!! Sooo glad! Now to just wait till June and we should be good. How has your cycle been going? AF is trying to come but it's been nothing but spotting for like 5 days :-/ I hink it might just be from all that my body has went through or the PCOS. Who knows but it's so nice to not worry lol. Sorry it took me so long to write back. I switched to the mobile view and it's harder for me to see what I was subscribed to. I think I have it figures out now. Hope you've been doing well :)

I need help! I was on femara cd4-8. Today was my cd12 ultrasound and bloodwork and I had like 2 follicles on my right and left ovaries each at about 8mm. All the other follicles were only about 4mm.
Will this cycle work for me? Has anyone had similar experience. I was supposed to take an HCG trigger shot and TI.
I have PCOS and my FS has asked me to take Ovasitol.
I was really disappointed this morning... hopefully this cycle won't be a waste..

Help meeee!!!!

There is still time for your follicles to grow although its a little late in the cycle (sorry to be a downer) Usually from CD10 you see 10mm and upwards to get a good 20mm by CD14 or 15. Perhaps your FS should include a FSH like Gonal-F to help. I really hope this cycle is not a waste for you, keep positive, your body is amazing and can turn things around really quickly.

Update!!
I went back on Friday (CD15) and my follicle grew to 13mm. The doctor had me go back on Sunday ( CD17) and my one and only follicle was 16mm and my uterus lining was at 5. They had me return today ( CD18) and my follicle is 19mm and my uterus lining is at 7. They might have me trigger tomorrow (CD19) and will start prometrium and estrace. Will this work? Any CD19 trigger and successes???

Hi Brandy, sorry about late reply we were away over easter. I'm 9dpo and no sore boobs or other bfp symptoms. I have also been a bit sick with flu like symptoms and managed to get a big ugly cold sore that is sticking around. Also started to gey a few cramps today so feeling like I'm out this month :(
I bet June can't come fast enough for you!! Did AF finally show her head?

Hi ladies, I just wanted to share my story about trying to lose weight with Pcos. What worked for me was basically eating like you are diabetic. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last January. I've been prediabetic ever since my PCOS was diagnosed 13 years ago. So I started taking my Metformin, 1500mg and tracking my food intake. The main thing is to cut sugar way down and keep your carbs under 165mg a day. I didn't do any hard core working out, I just walked daily for about an hour or hour and half. I used my fitness pal to track my foods and exercise. I lost 25 pounds in 3 months. The 4 month I had my first cycle with Femara +Metformin +trigger and IUI and had my first successful pregnancy after trying for 10 years. I'm not saying that it will work for getting pregnant, I actually can't believe it happened. But it does work for weight loss. I ate the same way and only gained 2 pounds during pregnancy. I'm overweight so your not supposed to gain more than 11 pounds. After I had baby, I lost an additional 22 pounds by 2 weeks pp. By 6 weeks pp I was down another 4. So far I've lost about 48 pounds since last January and I'm about to be taken off Metformin. My pp weight loss seems high, but I'm also bf so that burns calories too. My OB always joked about pregnancy being my weight loss regimine. She said I was the first patient she ever had weight less after pregnancy then before. I'll take those stats any day.

Well AF came today so definitely out. Was expecting it but still feeling disappointed. That was may last round of letrozole now have to go back to FS to see what the next step is. Letrozole has made me feel normal with the regular cycles, so I'm feeling not so great that the next cycle is going to be a waste. But as usual will have a bit of a cry dust myself off and try to feel positive.

Thank you. Unfortunately I'm waiting to miscarry now. Number went down to a 32. Just hope the process goes quick and not be too painful. This is my first pregnancy and I'm scared if I get pregnant again it's going to happen again. I will be getting my Femara as soon as we ttc again

I hate to drudge up the past with you. But did they give you progesterone? Did they even test your progesterone? It may have been a low progesterone issue to cause the CP and you can buy natural progesterone right at a health food store. Even online. Emerita Natural Progesterone Cream.

A lot of times a chemical pregnancy happens because of chromosomal issues. But quite often it is because of low progesterone. So many people are estrogen dominant now because of all of the estrogen in the food, and they have no idea. They suffer with loss after loss without their doc ever telling them they could be estrogen dominant and/or have low progesterone. It is highly common in this day.

I also read that this was the only time you O'd? Why is that if you don't mind me asking. I was diagnosed with PCOS and I am healing myself and learning a lot along the way. I too never o'd. Maybe 1 or 2 times per year.

I am currently in the 2ww..naturally. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->