Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Hi Everyone Just popin' into see how everyone is getting along. Those trips to the ER sound scary! Hoping your little ones feel better!

sorry for not caching up properly I've been keeping busy. DH finally got a some what normal schedule and has a few days off during the week, and is home after work for dinner. So I've been making sure Alia is spending time with him. She was getting bad around him as she wasn't seeing him a lot. She is so much better already. Im so happy about it! Also we went for out first swim on Sunday. She was sooo good. I dunked her 3 times and no tears, or drinking of the pool. lol (I use to teach swimming so I'm trained and comfortable doing this :))

And of course I have to attach a few photos... 1. Our first swim with one of our little friends. (Alia is 13 days younger)
2. Daddy and Alia finally getting along :)
3. Us with out friend at yoga
4. what a cutie ;)
5. In our jumperoo!

Attachments

• swimming.jpg
    swimming.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Daddy&Alia.jpg
    Daddy&Alia.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
  • yoga.jpg
    yoga.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5
  • alia.jpg
    alia.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
  • jumperoo.jpg
    jumperoo.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 7
one more photo... hanging out in our jolley jumper :)

Attachments

• jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2
Wow imp she is getting so big.. love her hair.. :)

Promise to catch up individually about all your pics later, I just wanted to say they are all so beautiful!! This group of ladies sure has beautiful babies!! :thumbup:

ladies, some beautiful pics of our babies, arent we clever mums producing such gorgeous offspring!

Neffie/Lil being halfway thru mat leave must really suck already, sorry for you girls :(

Amber, what a clever little girl Grace is, first word already, maybe another lawyer on your hands?? ;)

Grand, so sorry for your nanny issues and that little Indie has been poorly too, it sucks. I am sure he will get used to the nanny and of course its nothing you've done, our babies just love us so much because we're so important to them, big hugs hun xxx

everyone else, hi! hope you're well, shell, what an amazing thing you did looking after your student, you really are a selfless person. xx

AFM, Georgie is all better now, thank god, its taken the best part of a week and even yesterday/day before when she wasnt sick anymore it was still hard as she was SOOOOO bad tempered! my goodness did she give me some attitude, a taste of things to come I think!! Apparently its quite normal/common for babies/kids to be grumpy after an illness I guess they are hungry and fed up and tired etc so just like us really. Today was better I got my happy smiley baby back, yay!! I've been struggling a bit lately tbh, lack of sleep is getting me down and I am sooo tearful all the time I am sure I could fill swimming pools the amount I cry some days. I am fairly sure its just tiredness, days when I've had a little more rest and she's not as hard going (like today) I feel fine, other days I feel completely overwhelmed and like I cant cope. We've decided we need to put a structured bed time routine in place and thought when better than now after she's been thrown out of her routine so we've got her back on track with food (3 meals a day!!) and millk and now with bed time. We're going to share it between us so last night I put her down and did last bottle etc and tonight Neil did it. Then the alternate person goes up and calms her down once the inevitable crying starts. I found it hard last night as it had been a really tough week or so with the illness and I was exhausted and tearful anyway, hearing her cry makes my stomach not up and my heart actually aches. We know that she's safe, fed, clean, dry etc so its just her wanting us to be with her but she's soooo tired and so are we so in the long run its going to be better for all of us. Last night she cried a while and Neil went up twice to calm her (no picking up, just stroking, replacing dummy etc) and she went off to sleep and had a much better night, tonight I only went up once and she went off. Its actually nice for us to get back some of our evening too (even though we are both sitting on separate laptops tonight haha). In other news I am going into work tomorrow so Neil has the day off. I have written him a list of food/times etc and he knows where all the stuff is, I wonder how he'll get on? he's never had her all day on his own. You wait, I bet she's a little angel! haha! God knows what she'll be dressed in tho! ;)

Urgh popped in to update but boyoh has just woken up form his nap (his timing is amazing!) so I will just say I love all the photos seriously cute babies xxx

Hi all

I have read back. I am sorry been MIA but have not had a great week. My parents seperated on saturday after 40 years of marriage. Has come as a big shock.

I promise I will catch up soon.

I hope all the poorly babies are better and I agree lots of cute babies.

XX

Aww Bean :hugs:
Im terribly sorry about your parents. Thinking of you and your family.
xx

So sorry to hear that, Bean. :hugs: Thinking of you and your family as well. :hugs:

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! :hi:

Lil - aww Bryce is such a cutie! Glad he is doing so well, and that you are enjoying your new little addition to your family.

Imp - glad to hear Alia is starting to bond better with your DH now. Daddy/Daughter relationships are just so precious. And I just adore all of the pics you have posted! Alia really is a beauty! Glad you enjoyed your swim.

Kizzy - glad to hear Georgina has finally recovered! What a terrible time you have all been through. I hope she stays well for a long time now. So sorry to hear you ahve been struggling, Hun. I feel your pain. Freya is up in the night constantly. Every 3 hours for feeds, and then inbetween each feed to have her dummy put back in. Sometimes Im up 10 times or more in one night! And OH doesnt do any of the get ups "coz he has work in the morning". And he thinks looking after Freya all day isnt work?! Anyways, just wanted you to know you are not alone....Well done for deciding to implement a bedtime routine. Its a coincidence that we started our very first bedtime routine on Sunday night - and its going really well for us. Glad to hear its going well for you too! It really does make the world of difference - for them, and for us as parents. How did you get on going into work yesterday? And how did DH get on with Georgie?!

AFM: Freya and I are going to our first ever baby massage session today. Im really looking forward to it. I just hope she enjoys it!

xx

Happy Friday everyone!! Heading up north to my mothers/grandmothers this weekend to celebrate St. Patrick's Day--they haven't seen Grace since Christmas, so everyone is excited!

Shell--you are welcome for the Fenugreek info. I try to share whatever info I can. I swear I got so lucky with the lactation consultant I ended up with, she has been such a wonderful source of helpful information. I hope it works for you as well as it has worked for me!! :thumbup: I hope you have a great day out with Freya and that she enjoys the baby massage!!!

Lil--that photo of Bryce is so precious, he is absolutely adorable!!! Thank you so much for sharing your picture!!

Imp--Glad things are going well and that DH and Alia are finally getting a chance to bond again---I echo Shell's comments, the Daddy-Daughter bond, once established, is just so special and wonderful!! She is absolutely beautiful by the way and--just as I think Shell's Freya is the smiliest of our gang, your little darling has the best hair I think!! I LOVE it!!! It also looks like she really enjoys all the activities (swimming, yoga, etc.), which is great!!

Kizzy--sooo happy to hear that G is doing better!!! I hope things are improving in re-establishing your daily routine and that you are doing well getting your bedtime routine established. And huge hugs to you :hugs:, you are such a great mommy!! I am sure your tears were exhaustion over caring for a sick little one, it is not easy! I hope you caught some much needed rest :sleep: and I hope that Neil did ok with G on his daddy day with her!! It's so funny, your comment about how you bet she will be an angel for him--Grace is the same way with Wyatt--I can have this huge, exhausting day with her, where she is fussy/crying/constantly wanting attention and then he comes home, I pass her off to him and she is this sweet little angel to him--and he is like "What's the problem?" HA!

milos--:hi: hope all is well, thanks for stopping in!

Bean--still thinking of you hun and hope you are ok. :hugs:

AFM: Happy it is Friday, has been an unusually long week. Grace had an allergic reaction to her antibiotics (she got a bad rash), so we had to put her on a different one, hopefully this one will work. She is doing MUCH better and is her happy, relaxed self again (most of the time!). Daycare is feeding her rice daily at lunch time and she is scarfing it up (they love how she tries to grab the spoon and shove it in her mouth herself, lol), and we are doing bananas at night, which she loves!! We did try her in the high chair but she is just slightly too small for it, so we are going to try it again in a week and stick with the bumbo until then.

I got the shelves delivered for the basement, so now I can unload the boxes of books down there and start making my Princess playroom!! Going to see if I can convince Wyatt to let me paint it, hehe. I also ordered Grace a Baby Einstein Jumperoo (musical jumper, whatever it is they call it, its a jumperoo, haha), so that should be here next week. She loves her exersaucer, but I want her to be in something that will give her a bit more exercise.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, and for those who celebrate, Happy St. Patrick's Day! :flow:

Hi all

Amber - poor little Grace. I hope she is feeling much better.

Shell - Hope you and Freya enjoyed the baby massage.

AFM - its been a hard week. Also had our cat put down this morn as he had skin cancer and was very poorly.

Went up Merry hill (big shopping centre for those who don't know) and boys chose me a charm for my pandora for mothers day. Have not seen it yet so will be interested to see what they chose.

XX

Happy mothers day to all of you for sunday. XX

kizzy-im a sahm ni maternity leave ever 4 me as im always on it lol :)

Thanks ladies, bryce is 1 month old already :)

Lil--Happy 1 month to little Bryce!! Wow, that went by so fast!!:flower:

Bean--:hugs: aww hun, when it rains it pours, so sorry to hear about your kitty. We lost our beagle 2 1/2 years ago to lymphoma, it is so hard to lose pets, as they really are a part of our family. I hope you enjoy your new charm (Pandora bracelets are wonderful!), and Happy Mother's Day to you and the other ladies celebrating it on Sunday!

Grrr!:growlmad: I have been trying to post some photos on here for the last 4 days, but it wont let me. Everytime I try, it says that "a security token was missing". This has never happened to me before. I contacted the administrator about it, but havent had a reply. Has this happened to anyone before, or does anyone know how to rectify the problem?

xx

Have never had that shell, hope you get a reply soon.. must be frustrating.. mine sometimes goes to some error page so i give up and try again later and it usually works..

Thanks Amber, and tell me about it time flies so fast.. Look at grace she is growing so fast..

Happy Monday ladies, I hope you are all doing well!

Shell--no clue what to tell you as far as the picture issues. I know they were messing around with the website a lot last week (it seemed to be down every time I went to post something!), I would keep pestering them if I were you. I can't wait to see pics of Freya!!

I just wanted to share a couple of pictures quick of Grace celebrating St. Patrick's Day, she was too cute in her little outfit! Oh, and the last is a picture of her watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on our IPad--just so you can see what I mean with how much she LOVES Mickey! You can't interrupt her when he is on, it is so funny, how intensely she watches him!

Btw, starting to have some issues with Grace being a "mommy's girl". All weekend she wanted in my arms and no one else's, or she was inconsolable---which is tough when your only chance to clean is on weekends! We had an ok parting at Daycare this am, so hopefully she is not being too fussy with them today. *fingers crossed*

Attachments

• GraceLeprechaun.jpg
    GraceLeprechaun.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
  • GraceandMommyLeprechaun.jpg
    GraceandMommyLeprechaun.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
  • GracewatchingMickeyMouse.jpg
    GracewatchingMickeyMouse.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
Hey All - Sorry for going missing last week - I got a call last Saturday that my dad was doing very badly all the sudden (he had early-onset Alzheimers for 10 years) and we booked a flight for the States. He passed away the next day but he waited to his whole family was all around him...it was really moving and I feel so blessed that Indigo was able to meet his grandpa if only for a short bit and we all got to give a final hug and say our goodbyes.:cry: I have to go back to work tomorrow so I have to catch up with you all later but wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you all.

Oh Grand Hunny :cry:
I am so so sorry :hugs: But how special that your Dad got to meet his Grandson before he passed.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:
xx

Grand--I am so, so sorry about the loss of your father. I too am glad to hear that Indy got to see and visit with him before he passed. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->