Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Oh Grand I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Big hugs to you my sweetie.
My thoughts are with you.

XX

Amber what lovely photos. Little Grace is just soooo beautiful. XX

Shell - Oh no have not had that. Hope you sort it so we can see the photos. XX

AFM: Well my kids have been quite affected by my dad and the tension is the house. I had a melt down saturday during a visit from him. He seems to be in a very dark place at the moment. He has been gone rom home for or over a week now and all we know is that he is in a B & B. Don't know where though. My eldest has played up at school today though so I have got to try and get on with things and leave him and my mum to sort things out.
Little Nate is being sooo clingy also......there is some teething goin on as he has got sharp points right at the back o his lower gums. Bless him...He is so cute. I just wanna munch him all the time. XX

Hi to everybody else I hope that you enjoyed mothers day. XX

Hi ladies,

Grand, I am so sorry about your father, Alzheimers is a wicked, nasty disease and has a horrible impact on families, I hope your dad can rest in peace now.

Bean, so sorry to hear your parents have split up, that must be really devastating, massive hugs hun and keep venting here whenever you need to.

Lil, I realised after I typed it that it wasnt you going back to work but cant remember now who it was, soz hun.

Amber, Shell, everyone else. hope you are all well. lovely pics of our gorgeous babies again.

As for us, Georgie is all better now, eating everything in sight and then some! think she's scared I'll take her milk/food away again so she's stuffing her little face. She's having three meals a day at the moment and her dinner is veg then fruit for afters and she's still waking in the night! to be fair she's only been back on the milk for 5 full days/nights so hoping it calms down a little, she's back to her normal smiley happy self tho and our bed time routine seems to be working, its nice to have our evenings back to ourselves even if I still go to bed about 9.30! haha! In other news, it looks like I am getting made redundant from work! I am working on getting the best package/payout I can and will still look to start work in September, just dont know how easy finding a part time job will be xx

kizzy- glad little georgie is better. bless her eating lots...

what was your job hun? xxx sorry you are being made redundant. xx

thanks for your words...i must admit that it is not something that i expected to happen. has come out of blue...am thinking of poor grand though and remembering that I am lucky to have them both. only prob is we suspect that my dad may be having breakdown. he wont tell anyone where he is so just being very nice in texts as dont want him to vanish completely. xx

Kizzy--so glad to hear that G is feeling better, that has to be a huge relief! Also happy to hear she is back to enjoying her solids and is settling into a workable bedtime routine for you! I hope this is translating into some much needed and deserved rest for you in the evenings! Sorry to hear about your job, I really hope you are able to find something part time for September! Keeping my fx'd for you!

Bean--:hugs:so sorry to read what you are going through with your Dad. I will say extra prayers for him and your little ones. I can't imagine, after being married for so long, what both of your parents must be going through. You are being such a wonderful daughter by simply being there for him and trying to stay positive in texts, etc. It has to be so hard.

Poor Nate and his little teeth, definitely deserving of some extra snuggles. :hugs:I keep thinking Grace is teething but I dont feel or see anything coming in. She is always putting her fist in her mouth and drooling though, so I am not sure...I didnt get my teeth until I was 9 months old, so am expecting her to be a late teether as well.

Grand--still thinking of you today, and sending you much love and thoughts. :hugs:

AFM: Grace is starting to show some regular separation anxiety in the afternoons at Daycare. She is great when we drop her off and plays and has fun but after lunch, she decides enough is enough and starts crying and fussing. They give her my shirt, which helps for a brief amount of time, but she clearly wants me. Last night when we picked her up I could hear her fussing through the nursery door, and when I opened it and she saw me she got this big smile on her face and held her little hands out to me---hit me right in the heart! I hate the though of her crying for me and me not being there. :cry: I really just hope this is a phase...

We got Grace's jumperoo delivered last night, we got the Baby Einstein Musical Motion Activity Jumper. She watched Wyatt put it together from her excersaucer and kept yelling at him when he would pick up one of the toy attachments to put on the jumper, it was so cute!! We put her in it and she loved it, however, she is too short, even on the lowest setting, so I had to put a firm pillow under her feet for now. The springs are kind of tight too, I hope they loosen up as she plays in it.

I hope all the new mommies are doing well, and I am thinking of you all!! Let us know how you are doing, even if it is just a quick update on how you and your little ones are faring!!! :friends:

We are doing well here, bryce is doing great growing and changing everyday.. staying awake more and hearing my voice, he turned to look 4 me today :) hes also beg to enjoy his baths, a little :)

Amber-too cute of pics :) grace is getting so big already :)Hope daycare gets better..

Grand-so sorry to hear about your dad, as the others said happy he got to meet indy and you got to see him and say goodbye. Thoughts & prayers are with you.

Kizzy-happy georgie is better :)

Bean-hope teething eases, so hard which u know... hugs hun

Hi to everyone else hope ur all well :)

:

Grand - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's great that your dad got a chance to see you and Indy. My thoughts are with you and your family. :hug:

just popping in with some extra hugs for grand. hopeyou are doing ok.xxx

hi to everybody else. xx

Omg so sorry for your loss grand!! How great that your fauther got to meet your little one. If only for a short while. My thoughts are with you.

Well hello there ladies!! :hi:

Yes finally I'm here to join you :happydance: Can't quite still believe it and to be honest meant to come on over after the 3 month scan, but in all honesty don't know where the time has gone ;) Thanks Shelleney for the little nudge to get me over here :) All seems to be going well for me, no sickness and now cruising through the second trimester and counting down the weeks (5) until we find out what we are going to have- eek!!

So hope you and your gorgeous little ones are doing ok- I'll go through all the posts and try and catch up with you all, but for now I'm saying hi!

Hi all

Congratulations Sarah....So exciting.

Hers some recent photos of Nate. XX

Attachments

• nate 002.jpg
    nate 002.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2
  • 16 weeks 028.jpg
    16 weeks 028.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2
Yay Sarah!:happydance: Welcome Hun, so excited to have you with us! Second tri already, that is awesome!:happydance: I look forward to hearing about all your upcoming milestones!

Bean--Nate is gorgeous and getting so big!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Hope everyone is doing well, still thinking of you Grand, sending love and prayers your way :hugs:

Afm-Grace is still showing separation issues at daycare. Not so much missing me specifically, but always wanting the ladies' attention or wanting held. We are trying this weekend not to hold her every time she fusses-but it is so hard-I just can't let her "cry it out", it makes me start crying. I know we spoil her rotten at home, letting her sleep in our arms, giving her one on one attention whenever she wants, etc. I just have no idea how to give her more independence without losing my happy girl! I would love any advice you ladies may have!

Otherwise we are doing well. She loves her jumper and is up to 2 meals per day. We had to get a steroid cream for her rash but it is all cleAred up now. I also managed to burn out the motor on my breast pump, so ended up forking out the cash for a really nice Ameda Purely Yours Ultra. I almost got the Medela but was a bit put off by the complaints about milk backing up into the tubes and motor causing mold concerns-with how much I pump on a daily basis, that worried me!

Grand - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. It is so hard to loose a parent but I am so pleased that you made it in time to be with him and htat he got to meet Indy, with time you will find these things comforting x

BEan - Beautiful pictures of Nate he is is cute with gorgeous eyes. Sorry to hear about your family troubles, all that stress will be disrupting your wee ones and poor NAte is teething too, that just adds to a difficult time. Big hugs from us xxx

Kizzy - I am pleased to hear G is better and has her appetite back - sounds like she is making up for lost time! I hope your bedtime routine is still going well, it is helping us a lot with settling Callum at night x

Shellney - I have no idea what is going on with your photo uploads, I hope you get it sorted soon so we can see your wee lady again. How is bedtime and nights going for you?

Amber - Grace is soooo cute in her St patrick's day outfit! Just adorable. WHat does she think of her jumperoo? Callum loves his and bounces and giggles away. In fact I have to make sure he does not get too tired in it! I hope she is settling at daycare, the separation anxiety is difficult to deal with but only understandable when she spends most of her time with you. I am sure it is something all our wee ones will have to get used to at some point x

Sarah55 - CONGRATULATIONS I hope you are feeling well and enjoying your bump. Can't wait to hear if you are on team blue or pink x

AFM - Callums sleeping was just getting worse and worse so due to exhaustion and complete desperation we have bought a baby sleep guide book and paid for a one to one online sleep consultation with the author of the book that lasts for a week. I post his daily sleeping pattern and routine and ask lots of questions and a sleep expert gives us advice and guidance on how to help him settle and sleep better. We altered his daily routine a bit to try and improve things. I have also laid down the law a little, ditching the dummy and his swaddle 5 nights ago and he is learning to settle himself really well. Generally now he is settling himself to sleep after bath, feed and book at bedtime then only waking once in the night about 3-4am. Yesterday he even slept from 7.30pm to 5.45am! Naps are still tricky but I guess it is harder to fall asleep during the day - more distractions.Anyway the consultation has been well worthwhile and it is nice to have someone to ask for guidance and get a practical response quickly. We have her help until the weekend and then we can go back with more questions to her online forum if we need more assistance.
We ordered his highchair yesterday after trying it out in the shop - he seemed to enjooy being sat up high rather than in his rocking chair! His gran is collecting it from the shop on Friday and bringing it over so it will be exciting to start using it. He is on 3 meals a day now and eating everything in sight (food and toys!)
I hope everyone else is well and bubs are sleeping peacefully and giving their mummies lots of rest! xxx

Milos--on Callum's sleeping, it seems like the steps you are taking are starting to help him get settled. I really hope by the end of your consultation with the author, you are all able to have more sleep-filled, happy nights! 7:30-5:45 is excellent! :thumbup:

Too cute on his eating! We have Grace at 2 meals per day, hoping to work her up to 3 in the next week or so. We tried her in her high chair a few days ago, she LOVED it, but it dwarfs her! lol So we are still in the Bumbo for now. I bet Callum will enjoy being a big boy in his high seat! You will have to keep us posted!!

Grace loves her jumparoo, she is just figuring out how to use it, and prefers to jump in it when one of us is jumping up and down too (which is hilarious!). She is still too short for it, so we have a pillow underneath--I think she will do better once she gets another inch on her and sturdy floor beneath.

Daycare is going better. She has her good days and her bad days, but we did alter her naps on the weekends and are trying to make sure we take a more hands-off approach to those (ie, not hold her or snuggle with her when she is napping). We still co-sleep at night, that will be the last thing to go once we get her naps under control. It seemed to help as she is having a better week at daycare this week!

In other news, we finally bought a living room furniture set (first time in our 15 year marriage! lol--we have been in hand me downs all this time) that gets delivered the day before easter, I am so excited!!! And my new Almeda pump is getting delivered tomorrow, so excited!! :happydance: I can finally get rid of this one that sounds like a dying cow with its motor going, lol!

It is quiet in here... i suppose though we all pretty much have had our los.. and are crazy busy with them..

Yay for new furniture amber.. and a new pump!!! Happy to hear daycare is going better.. we only co sleep for 3 hours in the morn. i did it with my dd and it lasted way too long..

So I have my 6 week checkup today.. 6 weeks have flown by.. cant believe how fast time is going.. dont remember it going so fast with mckenna..

if anyone wants to be friends on fb pm and i will add you.. im on there more and thats where i put pics..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->