fertility friend detected ov but i havent ?

tiger

mum-1boy-expecting1girl
Reaction score
hi there :flower:
you might have seen a few posts from me lately about temping etc.
well this is my first month of temping and my temperatures are all over the place ? im not sure why as im doing everything how im meant to? but anyway i have quite long irregular cycles going from 30-60 days but lately they have been between 40-50 days. last month i got a positive opk on cd27 and got my period at 15dpo.
well this month i got a almost (hours away) positive opk which i was confused about as it was WAY to early in my cycle to be ovulating and then i never got a positive. anyway ive just entered this mornings temp in and its given me cross hairs and predicted i ovulated on cd17? the only thing that would make it change is my temping because i had a massive dip then spike, but im positive ive not ovulated.
my questions are: when i get a positive opk will it change my ov date for me ?
why is my temp being so irratic? is that normal? any reasons why it would be doing this ?
im sooo confused? is it possible im not ovulating hence the nearly pos opks? i did for sure get a bright positive last month but now im a little worried im not actually ovulating .
My Ovulation Chart

I wish I could help Tiger, but I'm afraid I can't very much. Maybe next month start temping from the very beginning so FF has more of a chance to make a diagnosis? Just looking at your chart it really does look like you ovulated temp wise, but nothing else points toward it (cm & opk) which is why FF gave you dotted cross hairs, it is saying that it appears you MAY have ovulated but there are conflicting signs, if you get a positive OPK and another temp shift then it will change it, did you have a negative OPK on CD 16? If you record that it may take your crosshairs away.

yes i did have a negative opk cd16. i got an almost positive cd15 but i know that that is way to early for me to ov and it wasnt positive. this is all so confusing!!! i agree that with a temp shift like that it does look like it but i definately had negative opks. if i get a temp dip like that when i know i have ovulated i would be very happy !

Have you considered temping vaginally? (if you don't already) I'm doing it this cycle and my temps are SO much more consistent!

i am temping vaginally lol :(

I'm confused at how you had an almost positive hours away?? After a hour those test results are void..and the shade of the test line compared to the control line doesn't have anything to do with how close or far away your ovulation is. My test line is always faint compared to the control line, unless I'm actually ovulating that day.

As far as fertilityfriend goes and temping, I waited till I was 3 months in till I actually paid attention to the charts. Some months it would say I ovulated Day 12 when I really ovulated Day 14. Even when I entered in the positive OPk results it didn't change to the correct ovulation date. So no, fertilityfriend isn't always entirely accurate.

Can't help you on why you're temp is erratic..Maybe it could have something to do with the fact your irregular. Also with you being irregular it's going to be pretty hard tracking your ovulation.

Well it's possible for you to get pregnant seeing as you already have 1, so what did the gyno say about your irregular periods and too long cycles?

if you state that you had a positive opk it will change your ovulation date.
Are you sure you are reading the opk correctly? i was reading them wrong for a while. you can get faint lines because you naturally have LH in your body the line has to be just as or darker than the test line for it to be positive.

a temp dip and then spike usually indicates ovulation then if ou have a positive opk on top of it, i would say you ovulated.

What makes you think you didn't ovulate?

Are you temping within a half hour every morning?

the opk was not positive. it was nearly positive (looked like a positive was only hours away).i know the line has to be just as dark if not darker then the control. it was nearly there but then negative when i tested a few hours later. the same thing happened last month, i got a nearly positive opk and then nothing a week before i actually ovulated. ive not had a positive opk this cycle and i havent had any other reason to point me to thinking i have.
i have an appt with my doctor this week to go to a gyno as they believe i have endometriosis so i will be scheduled in for a lap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->