• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) - who has done it, who is doing it.....

I had my retrieval Sunday but due to OHSS, I did not have a transfer. I have 9 frosties and the plan is to put 2 back in January. My son was from a FET so I have faith in them! My 9 frosties were frozen on day 2 and will be taken to blast before the transfer. Does anyone else's clinic do that?? I was hoping they would take them to blast first and then freeze.

hi!! so theres 3 of us so far doing a FET in January. Mine were frozen as blasts but I have heard of lots of places freezing earlier and taking to blast after thawing.

ILuvBabies200 I dont think I know the story of your first IVF to get your son....Id love to hear all about it (how many attempts, how many were frozen etc).

DD was our second attempt at IUI 10 years ago so very lucky there!!! DS we did about 6 IUI/injectable cycles and it was ME who pushed to move to IVF. There was a long break after all the IUI's because dh lost his job just as we bought this house. It was devastating. Finally in 2006, we got insurance again and moved to IVF. I got 6 eggs my first retrieval and only 2 made it. They were transferred and I got a BFP 12 days later!!! Then I started bleeding... My HCG was still really high but my progesterone was 2. I knew then I had a lp defect. There was no way I could carry a pregnancy without support. And the only support I seemed to respond to was the PIO injections. But trying to convince the RE that was hell. My actual doc had no problem. It was the other RE in the practice and all the nurses that thought I was nuts. We did a 2nd IVF a few months later. I got 13 eggs and 2 were transferred to me on day 3. I got a BFN but the remarkable thing was my lp was 16 days! Progress!!!! Finally after my ovaries shrunk back down, we did a FET. I had 6 embies frozen on day 3 and only 1 made it to blast. I was certain it would fail. But several days later, I got my BFP and that was DS!! My progesterone even with the PIO was only 15 to start. So I know without a doubt I would have lost him without the shots. Again the RE still debates it. Thankfully the new place uses only the shots so no arguing there. So that's my story in a nutshell. :)

I had my retrieval Sunday but due to OHSS, I did not have a transfer. I have 9 frosties and the plan is to put 2 back in January. My son was from a FET so I have faith in them! My 9 frosties were frozen on day 2 and will be taken to blast before the transfer. Does anyone else's clinic do that?? I was hoping they would take them to blast first and then freeze.

So great to hear the success of FET. My clinic takes them to blast and then uses a vitrification process to freeze. They say their FET blast stats are the same as their fresh cycle stats. I hope so!

So great to hear the success of FET. My clinic takes them to blast and then uses a vitrification process to freeze. They say their FET blast stats are the same as their fresh cycle stats. I hope so!

That's what mine is saying... I just wished they had taken them to blast first and then froze them. It sure would eliminate loads of uncertainty!!

That's what mine is saying... I just wished they had taken them to blast first and then froze them. It sure would eliminate loads of uncertainty!!

You just have to trust that they know what's best. :thumbup:

so 4 of us doing FET in January

sarahincanada
_Nell
ILuvBabies200
FaithMommy

please keep in touch on this thread!

Just had my trigger shot. I'm going for my ER Saturday. So nervous!!!!

Hi everyone,

Count me in too. My first fresh cycle failed (chemical) and then I moved straight on to a FET this month. Unfortunately, I just found out today that it is a BFN for my first FET.

I will have one month off and start my second FET cycle mid January. I was on oestrogen and progesterone.

I had 3, 5 day blasts frozen so now I have 2 left. I am considering having the remaining 2 transferred next time.

There is a small possibility that I will do a fresh cycle in January instead in order to save my frozen embryos because I have a low AMH levelr.

Let's hope we will all get our BFPs soon!

They're day 5, but sadly my clinic do an old fashioned style slow freeze (which has poorer thaw rate and as it takes time to thaw you can't just thaw more if one doesn't thaw well).
I'll be downregging, estrogen, progesterone but no trigger. I'll be taking some extras for possible immune problems too as i've had 3 fresh cycles fail.

Nell - I forgot to ask in my last post, what immune issues do you have if you don't mind me asking? I have thyroid autoimmune issues. What extra meds will you be taking for your immune issues and did you get tested for AOAs ANAs, APAs and natural killer cells? Also, what PGD testing will you be doing and have you had it done before? I was considering having PGD done if I decide to do a fresh cycle again in January.

Missy, in truth I don't know! I've had a whole barrage of tests done and am awaiting the results in the next couple of weeks. Of that list I know natural killer cells and ANA's were 2 of them for sure. I know I haven't had everything tested though.
My Gynae has said regardless she plans to supplement this cycle with steroids and clexane due to the 3 failed fresh cycles with good grade blasts.
I do have raynauds and I know that's a possible link, post transfer i've had problems with it even in the middle of summer which is v odd for me.

I didn't do PGD no, my clinic don't offer it. If i were to do a fresh cycle again and had a good number of embryos then yes I would I think now.

I have low amh too - is that what led you to immunes testing or did you have other factors? So far with my amh i've had a great egg yield though - sounds like you did too to get 4 embryos to blast?

missy thank you for joining us, sorry for your bfns :hugs: I hope your next cycle is the successful one. I have 8 frozen but if I get down to 4 I might save them and do a fresh cycle as I am 39 and so time is ticking. my amh is ok for my age but Im sure my eggs are getting worse each year.

hey can everyone give me a little blurb to put under our names on the first page....just so we can keep track of where everyone is. I did it under mine as an example:

FET in January 2012

sarahincanada
Tried 3 IUI's with clomid/injectables: BFN
1st IVF Nov 2011, 10 blasts, 2 transferred, 8 frozen: BFN
1st FET Jan 2012

_Nell

ILuvBabies200

FaithMommy

Missy01

Hi ladies. I would like to wish everyone the bet of luck with IVF. Sometimes it feels like the shots are never ending and you don't feel like yourself but let me tell you once you are pregnant and you hear your baby (babies) heartbeat you forget about the journey and just focus on the destination, being a mother to your beautiful children.

My story:

We did one fresh cycle. They told me from the start that they did not like the 2 embryos they were using but thats what was ready at the time and so not to expect much. It was a day 5 transfer. Well, I got pregnant and at 5 weeks had a m/c. I had 7 frozen embryos and so 3 months later I tried again using frozen embryos. I AM PREGNANT WITH TWIN GIRLS!!! I thought with frozen embryos it would be harder but that is not so. I did 4 full days of bed rest and then light activity for 2 weeks. I started testing 3 days after my transfer (I am a poasa) I had a very faint positive. At 4 days the positive was clear and just kept getting darker from there. I think it showed so early because it is twins.

Good luck :hugs:

Just wanted to share my success story re: FET...

After 5 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVF cycles (both of which got converted to IUIs because I couldn't produce eggs), and a lifetime of no pregnancies (despite not being on birth control), my husband I decided to move to frozen donor eggs, just before I celebrated my 42nd birthday. We had 6 eggs. My husband's sperm was frozen here in Canada and shipped to Atlanta, thawed, and ICSI performed on the 6 eggs. 5 fertilized and were of high quality. The embies were frozen, sent back here, thawed, and 2 put inside me. I am 26 weeks pregnant with twins.

Frozen worked wonderfully for us. I hope it does for you too!

wow what a story!! is it hard to find donor eggs up here? just wondered why Atlanta. congrats, I hope your pregnancy is going well :flower:

p.s I live about half an hour from you!!

Hi Sarah,

Yes, donor eggs are harder to find here. My clinic (Isis in Mississauga) just recently started an egg donor program -- they partner with a US clinic. In Canada, you cannot buy eggs. GL to you!!

Hey Sarah,
Please see below for my blurb:

Missy01
IUI#1 - 25mg clomid, 2 mature follicles - BFN
1st IVF - October 2011, 9 eggs collected, 8 fertilised, 4 blasts, 1 transferred (ended in chemical), 3 frozen.
1st FET - November / December - progesterone and oestrogen - BFN.
2nd FET / (or perhaps fresh cycle) - January 2012

Hi Nell - I was diagnosed with a thyroid autoimmune disease 7 years ago. After having trouble conceiving this year they tested my AMH and it was only 6 (and I am only 28). To rule out antibodies as the cause of the low AMH, they tested AOAs (anti-ovarian antibodies) but luckily the test came back negative. Yes - despite the low AMH, I still managed to get 9 eggs with 4 making it to blast (for this I am grateful).

I will be having ANAs, APAs, and natural killer cell tests in January to hopefully rule these out as the cause of IVF failure so far. I will also do PGD if I opt for a fresh cycle in January.

What about you? How many eggs did you manage to have collected and what is your AMH? Did they test your AMH pre and post your fresh cycle? Mine was significantly lower after the fresh cycle but my RE assures me that this is because lots of the growing follicles were utilsed during the ivf process and that over the next 3 months it should go back to what it was previously.

Just had my trigger shot. I'm going for my ER Saturday. So nervous!!!!

good luck :flower:
how many follicles do you have?

I have 12 good ones. Hopefully they are full of eggies!!

Hi everyone,

Count me in too. My first fresh cycle failed (chemical) and then I moved straight on to a FET this month. Unfortunately, I just found out today that it is a BFN for my first FET.

I will have one month off and start my second FET cycle mid January. I was on oestrogen and progesterone.

I had 3, 5 day blasts frozen so now I have 2 left. I am considering having the remaining 2 transferred next time.

There is a small possibility that I will do a fresh cycle in January instead in order to save my frozen embryos because I have a low AMH levelr.

Let's hope we will all get our BFPs soon!

Welcome!!

missy thank you for joining us, sorry for your bfns :hugs: I hope your next cycle is the successful one. I have 8 frozen but if I get down to 4 I might save them and do a fresh cycle as I am 39 and so time is ticking. my amh is ok for my age but Im sure my eggs are getting worse each year.

hey can everyone give me a little blurb to put under our names on the first page....just so we can keep track of where everyone is. I did it under mine as an example:

FET in January 2012

sarahincanada
Tried 3 IUI's with clomid/injectables: BFN
1st IVF Nov 2011, 10 blasts, 2 transferred, 8 frozen: BFN
1st FET Jan 2012

_Nell

ILuvBabies200

FaithMommy

Missy01

FaithMommy
Baby #1: The Old Fashioned Way
Trying for Baby #2
IVF/ICSI/PGD December 2011
FET January 2011

Missy - My amh is 8 although as yet it isn't affecting my egg yield (I've had 24,16 and 30 eggs collected respectively on 3 fresh rounds. I actually have PCO alongside low amh!).
My AMH was tested pre and post IVF cycle 1 and both were 8. I've just last week turned 32.

What actually are AOA? Are they a cause for low amh? I haven't been tested and wonder if i should be.......what's the trestment if i have them, is there one?

Missy - My amh is 8 although as yet it isn't affecting my egg yield (I've had 24,16 and 30 eggs collected respectively on 3 fresh rounds. I actually have PCO alongside low amh!).
My AMH was tested pre and post IVF cycle 1 and both were 8. I've just last week turned 32.

What actually are AOA? Are they a cause for low amh? I haven't been tested and wonder if i should be.......what's the trestment if i have them, is there one?

Nell - Antiovarian antibodies are one of the primary causes of premature ovaraian failure (which results in a low AMH). Since my test came back negative they have no idea why my AMH is so low at 28. It is good that your AMH didn't drop after your first cycle.....I wonder if that means mine won't go back up? Maybe the difference is your PCO means that your antral follicles replenish and start growing quicker than mine?

I believe that if people are positive for AOAs then they generally prescribe low dose steroids or intravenous immune globulin. I think like AMH, it is all very new and not realy understood that well.

Does PCO mean that your ovaries become polycystic but that you don't actually have the syndrome? Will they put you on a lower dosage if you have to do another fresh cycle or is your Dr happy with the larger egg yield?

Does your Dr have any bright ideas to address our lining issues? My Dr believes that as long as it is greater than 6mm then it doesn't affect the outcome. Opinion on this seems very mixed though which is frustrating.

Hi ladies. I had my ER today. They got 13 eggies. I can't wait for my FET.

Does anyone know how long it will be till I get my period?

Hi FaithMommy,

Yay - 13 eggs is a great result! Now you can relax and enjoy the Christmas period.

Re your period, I imagine it would vary for everyone.

Hi FaithMommy,

Yay - 13 eggs is a great result! Now you can relax and enjoy the Christmas period.

Re your period, I imagine it would vary for everyone.

Thanks Missy!

I do love the holiday season :xmas9:

Hope all you ladies are having some fun this holiday. I've decided to make homemade Irish Cream and it's a nice distraction. Since I'm doing an FET a little treat will be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->