FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) - who has done it, who is doing it.....

sarahincanada

Love my lil miracle
Reaction score
I thought Id start a thread for those doing FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer). My 1st fresh cycle of IVF failed but luckily I got 8 frosties. I will be doing a FET in January.

Would love to hear from people who had success with FET for inspiration, and those who will be doing FET in the next few months please join in. The protocols are different to fresh cycles so we could support eachother here.

:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

Hi Sarah,
I had a fresh cycle this summer. My hcg went up to 200 then back down :( I have my first fet beta tomorrow morning. The hpt s are positive but I'm only hopeful. Its a much easier less stressful cycle. No possibility of ohss. Only stress is how will the thawing go?. Good luck to you!

Hi Sarah,
I had a fresh cycle this summer. My hcg went up to 200 then back down :( I have my first fet beta tomorrow morning. The hpt s are positive but I'm only hopeful. Its a much easier less stressful cycle. No possibility of ohss. Only stress is how will the thawing go?. Good luck to you!

is your profile pic from this month? if so those are great lines! good luck, will you know today?? how many embryos/blasts did you transfer? how many were frozen? I have 8 frozen and hoping at least 6 will survive the defrost so I can have 3 tries. (EDITNG: just saw your signature that you transferred 2!)

sorry your fresh cycle didnt work, I had faint lines on my tests (after the trigger left my system) but my hcg was only a 6 so something tried and failed. was your first beta 200 and then went right back down?

keeping my fingers crossed for a sticky bfp for you :hugs:

I'm having my first FET in January too.
I've had 3 fresh cycles (2 BFN's and a chemical) and this is the first time i've had frosties to try a FET.

I will be down regging first, then on estrogen pills and progesterone shots.
I'm a bit nervous about the thaw, my clinic stats show 1 in 4 FETs don't get a transfer as there's nothing to transfer.

I'm having my first FET in January too.
I've had 3 fresh cycles (2 BFN's and a chemical) and this is the first time i've had frosties to try a FET.

I will be down regging first, then on estrogen pills and progesterone shots.
I'm a bit nervous about the thaw, my clinic stats show 1 in 4 FETs don't get a transfer as there's nothing to transfer.

Hi Nell! how many frosties do you have? I was told about 70-80% survive. that will be the nervewracking part.

I did a short protocol for my fresh and the same for my FET so no DR.

hopefully we can keep in touch in january :thumbup:

Just wanted to share my success story re: FET...

After 5 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVF cycles (both of which got converted to IUIs because I couldn't produce eggs), and a lifetime of no pregnancies (despite not being on birth control), my husband I decided to move to frozen donor eggs, just before I celebrated my 42nd birthday. We had 6 eggs. My husband's sperm was frozen here in Canada and shipped to Atlanta, thawed, and ICSI performed on the 6 eggs. 5 fertilized and were of high quality. The embies were frozen, sent back here, thawed, and 2 put inside me. I am 26 weeks pregnant with twins.

Frozen worked wonderfully for us. I hope it does for you too!

Just wanted to share my success story re: FET...

After 5 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVF cycles (both of which got converted to IUIs because I couldn't produce eggs), and a lifetime of no pregnancies (despite not being on birth control), my husband I decided to move to frozen donor eggs, just before I celebrated my 42nd birthday. We had 6 eggs. My husband's sperm was frozen here in Canada and shipped to Atlanta, thawed, and ICSI performed on the 6 eggs. 5 fertilized and were of high quality. The embies were frozen, sent back here, thawed, and 2 put inside me. I am 26 weeks pregnant with twins.

Frozen worked wonderfully for us. I hope it does for you too!

wow what a story!! is it hard to find donor eggs up here? just wondered why Atlanta. congrats, I hope your pregnancy is going well :flower:

p.s I live about half an hour from you!!

Sarah, I did short protocols too for my IVF's so down regging is new for me, hopefully it won't be too bad.

I have 15 frozen, but they are frozen in groups of 3. So 3 will be thawed and hopefully 1 or 2 transferred depending on survival rate (I won't be allowed 3 even if they all survive). My clinic only has about a 50% survival rate from thaw :(

I'm nervous but excited about my first FET :)
Will yours be medicated at all or a natural cycle FET?

Update on me, first beta yesterday was 510 hcg estrogen was a bit low so they are upping the estrogen I take. I transfered two and there are four left frozen. The two they thawed first both survived. Next beta Monday. Very anxious!

That's an amazing beta - was that at 14dpo (or equivalent?)
Good luck for Mondays beta.

Update on me, first beta yesterday was 510 hcg estrogen was a bit low so they are upping the estrogen I take. I transfered two and there are four left frozen. The two they thawed first both survived. Next beta Monday. Very anxious!

thats great news, much higher than 200 so you must be happy! FXd for your next beta, please come and update :hugs:

Sarah, I did short protocols too for my IVF's so down regging is new for me, hopefully it won't be too bad.

I have 15 frozen, but they are frozen in groups of 3. So 3 will be thawed and hopefully 1 or 2 transferred depending on survival rate (I won't be allowed 3 even if they all survive). My clinic only has about a 50% survival rate from thaw :(

I'm nervous but excited about my first FET :)
Will yours be medicated at all or a natural cycle FET?

wow thats a lot! are they day 3 embroys or day 5 blasts? I got 8 day 5/6 blasts so hoping a couple will work. I was told they defrost one by one until they get 2. I will be on some medications....they mentioned estrogen, baby aspirin and then progesterone. How about you? Ive read some people take a trigger and some dont. will see in january!

They're day 5, but sadly my clinic do an old fashioned style slow freeze (which has poorer thaw rate and as it takes time to thaw you can't just thaw more if one doesn't thaw well).
I'll be downregging, estrogen, progesterone but no trigger. I'll be taking some extras for possible immune problems too as i've had 3 fresh cycles fail.

No possibility of ohss. Only stress is how will the thawing go?

They're day 5, but sadly my clinic do an old fashioned style slow freeze (which has poorer thaw rate and as it takes time to thaw you can't just thaw more if one doesn't thaw well).
I'll be downregging, estrogen, progesterone but no trigger. I'll be taking some extras for possible immune problems too as i've had 3 fresh cycles fail.

hopefully we can keep in touch in this thread in january. good luck with your down regging. so I have a month off and have to wait for my AF end of this month then call in to the clinic. I think I start the estrogen then go for an ultrasound on CD10.

p.s you mentioned they defrost in batches of 3, but wont transfer all 3 if they survive...so do they refreeze the 3rd one? after your failed cycles you think they would just allow the 3 to be transferred as extra freezing and thawing cant be good and the chances of all 3 implanting is so slim.

No they won't re-freeze the 3rd if it survives :(

Here in the UK we're not allowed 3 embryos transferred unless we're over 40 years old :(

No they won't re-freeze the 3rd if it survives :(

Here in the UK we're not allowed 3 embryos transferred unless we're over 40 years old :(

oh is this on the nhs or private? I cant see how they would be allowed to just have the 3rd healthy embryo die, thats not right. if thats the case they should find a way to only defrost one at a time.

I had my retrieval Sunday but due to OHSS, I did not have a transfer. I have 9 frosties and the plan is to put 2 back in January. My son was from a FET so I have faith in them! My 9 frosties were frozen on day 2 and will be taken to blast before the transfer. Does anyone else's clinic do that?? I was hoping they would take them to blast first and then freeze.

I had my retrieval Sunday but due to OHSS, I did not have a transfer. I have 9 frosties and the plan is to put 2 back in January. My son was from a FET so I have faith in them! My 9 frosties were frozen on day 2 and will be taken to blast before the transfer. Does anyone else's clinic do that?? I was hoping they would take them to blast first and then freeze.

hi!! so theres 3 of us so far doing a FET in January. Mine were frozen as blasts but I have heard of lots of places freezing earlier and taking to blast after thawing.

ILuvBabies200 I dont think I know the story of your first IVF to get your son....Id love to hear all about it (how many attempts, how many were frozen etc).

I found out today I dont have to wait a month inbetween my frozen transfers so thats good. even though its nice to have a month off this month (after my failed fresh cycle) I would prefer to just get on with it. I want to see asap if any of my frozen are going to work and if not do another fresh cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->