Fet protocol question - help

LMJ84

Reaction score
Hello,
I'll make this as short as possible.

At 6 am on September 7th I took my last birth control pill (was on them for 9 days.) I was expecting my Menses around day 3 of stopping the pill. AF actually showed the next night around 5 pm on September 8th. I immediately emailed my coordinator at my IVF Clinic because i thought i needed to have baseline on day 3 and start my Estrogen meds on day 4. She said to stick to the calendar. So on Day 5 of my cycle I had baseline. The ultrasound tech saw 6 follicles on each ovary that were 14mm. My lining was at 5mm, but my blood work came back perfect and the gave me the green light to start meds the next day. I am on 2mg of estrace 3x daily, and Delestrogen ever 3rd day .4mls. EVERYTHING i read online and my previous RE said that estrogen must be started between day 1-3 of Menses to prevent ovulation. Is this true? I am so so worried that i will ovulate through the Estrace and delestrogen. Someone please calm my nerves... LOL

Hi hun, Yes, that is a bit of a late start but everything can still work out just fine. I started my FET cycles on CD3 with the estrogen pills vaginally and I had to add in delestrogen on every 3rd day after my first cancelled FET. My lining wasn't getting thick enough without the injectible drug. Are you on lupron? Lupron is what stops you from ovulating. If not lupron are they going to give you a different drug to stop you from ovulating? I started lupron the same day I started my estrogen. I know there is more than one drug that can be used to stop ovulation. Since you started on CD 5 with the estrogen than it will probably take a few days longer for your lining to get thick enough for your transfer. My RE wants a lining of an 8 or better before they will do transfer. Long story short you will be just fine and you can still get a BFP even starting on CD 5. Good luck and baby dust to you! I hope you get a BFP! :dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->