Fetal Doppler with tilted uterus at 11 weeks

Starlight32

Reaction score
I'm seeing the doctor at about 11.5 weeks. I think he is going to try to use a fetal Doppler. At my sonogram 4 weeks ago, I was told I have a tilted uterus. For those with a tilted uterus, when did the fetal Doppler detect a heart beat?

I have a tilted uterus, had first scan at 7 weeks could see heartbeat but they didn't try the Doppler, said will wait to next appoitmeny at 11 weeks. I've heard the heartbeat with my two previous babies at 8weeks. Some dopplers are much better than others so depends. The sonogramer told me not to freak if they have a problem finding heartbeat on Doppler as can be harder with tilted uterus. Uterus will tilt forward as pregnancy progresses.

My tilted uterus never affected me finding hb on Doppler at 8.5 weeks every time

I'm seeing the doctor at about 11.5 weeks. I think he is going to try to use a fetal Doppler. At my sonogram 4 weeks ago, I was told I have a tilted uterus. For those with a tilted uterus, when did the fetal Doppler detect a heart beat?

I was told at my 10 week appointment that I have a tilted uterus and I was able to find the heart beat with my doppler last week (12 weeks). :thumbup:

Thanks for all the replies. What is it like when the doctor uses the fetal Doppler? I don't want the doctor to push all around; I'm worried it will bother baby.

they push it around and can press hard. But it wont disturb the baby... the baby wont even know about it happening. They baby is well protected in there lmao xx

I have a tilted uterus, but they didn't try with the doppler until 16 weeks. At 10 weeks, your uterus is still behind your pubic bone, so sometimes they can't feel anything until farther along. I wouldn't think the positioning of your uterus would make much difference, but at that point, I'd think a scan would be much more useful, which I imagine you'll have shortly anyway. They don't even try to use the doppler here before 16 weeks because there's not always a good chance of finding anything so early.

I got a scan 4 weeks ago and saw baby's heart beat! It was wonderful to see! I hope I don't need another scan until the 20 week scan though (been reading about ultrasounds recently and want to limit exposure).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->