Fetal fibronectin (fFN) test?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by maytobe, Dec 25, 2009.

1. maytobe

maytobe Well-Known Member

Anyone ever been prescribed an fFN test to check if you stand the possibility of going into preterm labor? I only just read about it today. My doctor has not recommended any such test but I was simply curious about it. Is it invasive and is it safe and better to get it done?

2. blessedbylife

blessedbylife Married Mom of 1 & Preggo

I had this done, because i have a heart shaped uterus. It wasn't invasive, and inthe end i was happy i got it done because it showed i was going into laobor at 19 weeks, so i was put onto bedrest and my DD lived!

3. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

I had this done my last pregnancy when I was having some issues about 33 weeks. It is just basically like a pap smear, not anymore invasive. They just perform a pap and then test the sample and the test somehow tells them if you are likely to go into labor in the next 2 weeks.

4. scotsgirl

scotsgirl mother of 3 xx

i have been advised to have this as i went preterm with my first. 6 weeks early so im just waiting for my appointment to come through

5. AP

AP Well-Known Member

I will totally demand this next time!