FF- night feeds

....Jess....

Reaction score
hey everybody .

(please excuse if this is a really silly question)

Basically im going to be FF because i simple do not want to BF. it does not appeal to me and I dont think i would get on with it.

My question is : for night time feeds, can i premake the bottles(late evening) and take them upstairs and feed them at room temp to baby or do they need to be made at the time she wants feeding and be heated? :wacko:

Bottle can't be left out at room temp for more than 2 hours and once baby starts taking formula from the bottle it has to be drank or discarded after 1 hour. I used to premake bottles and bought a mini fridge and kettle and put them upstairs in the bedroom next to our room. Or u could get the premade stuff in cartons that can be kept at room temp until they ate opened but that's an expensive way if sound it. X

I make them and put them in the fridge, pop downstairs when lo wakes and take back upstairs pop it bottle warmer, change nappy and by then the milks ready.

As pp said I make a bottle before bed, pop it in the fridge and heat in hot water..takes about three minutes. You can't leave it out on the side xx

You can have the room temperature water ready in the bottle and then have the right amount of formula in a separate container then just mix it when baby's ready, you wouldn't need to heat it in that case. Or pre-make it, refrigerate right away, then warm up when baby's ready.

I know a bottle warmer is one of those items that ppl tend to say isn't necessary, but ours is a lifesaver since it's SO much faster than a cup of hot water. I pre-make a days worth of bottles at a time though and store them in the frig.

I premake mine and leave in the fridge when LO wants a night feed I just boil the kettle then pour the water into a pan, pop the bottle in and its warm enough after a min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->